This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

General (non LFC chat) Football Chat.

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Brendinho

Brendinho
    Expand Collapse

March 2022 I hope!

Beano87 likes this.
  2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Not bad:)

Beano87 and bobby benitez like this.
  3. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Pep signs a 2 year extension...first time in his managerial career he will have to fully rebuild a team, although that has already started.

4. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

That's Leo on the way so

5. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

I agree. Trying to fit a 34 year old best years behind him Messi into his system will be his undoing. The half a million a week hes on means he'll have to start every week meaning even when it's not working out Pep will continue to play him ahead of Bernardo. Pep will get sick of the media questioning his persistent selection of Messi and will implode in his last year. He will turn into a conspiracy theorist with everybody seemingly against him without mentioning the billion plus he has spent along the way and walk away from City feeling like a failure. They'll win a few trophies without doubt but nothing they wouldnt have won without Lionel. Happy Thursday :)

6. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Interesting chat with j Giles last night, I have to say I'm struggling to get where he's coming from about the PFA doing more for ex players who fall on hard times, surely it's the employers who should be helping out in that regard?

7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I think what be probably means is that those older players would have been paid up members of the PFA. Gordon Taylor Salary is mad so there is obviously a lot of money in that organisation and little for older players in need would be a drop in the ocean. If a player played for 3 clubs during career, hard to who would help out, where as every player was part of the PFA and paid in for the 10-15 years. Had a look and for current players it’s 20 quid to join and 150 a year. Add up all the professionals of say 92 clubs * 20 on average players, that’s a fair wedge.

8. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/john-delaneys-ex-emma-english-23045131

John Delaney's ex Emma English says she dumped former FAI chief as she couldn't live with his ego
    English decided to pack her bags and walk out on the globe-trotting football boss a year before his empire came tumbling down around him

Shitty thing to do talking negatively to papers anout her relationship with Delaney, after living the high life with the crook for years. Seems like the were both well matched, their egos anyway.

9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I’d say she wants to distance himself as far as way as possible. Had to laugh though when she said she helped work way up in UEFA...

LFCRebel likes this.