This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

General (non LFC chat) Football Chat.

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Only going by wikipedia, so can't say the figures are definite but it says there he has 149 goals in 404 appearances. That is a 2.71 game to goals ratio. Outside of the small number of players who are all time world class, that is an excellent career return for any striker in fairness.

2. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

I fully expected Moratta stats to get worse as he went on but when i look they seem to be close to 1 in 3 everywhere he went. The more ya look at him the more you can't work it out. When he played with Juve the first time he looked good.
    He got 44 goals for Real Madrid Castilla I think that's their B side possibly why wikipedia show more.

3. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

I'm on about top level, your numbers are including Real Castilla(83 app, 44 goals)

4. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Its always been like this, young player starts well at a big club, shows lots of promise, doesn't quite get there. Clubs will always fool themselves into thinking we can get performances from him that others couldn't. Balotelli, Wiltshire, Carlton Cole, Hudson Udoi will be the latest, nothing to go on but a brief glimpse at a moment in time.

5. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Managers like Redknapp and Sam Allerdeci lap these type of signings up

6. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Even if you want to ignore those ones, I still think people are undervaluing a 1 in 3 striker who has been consistent in that ratio over 8 or so seasons. Outside of the worldie strikers, that is still a striker worth having for most clubs in the world.

7. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

He was excellent for Juventus when on loan from Real. Much more than a striker more like Bobby with tracking and link up play. Didn't but the same heights at the other teams but as Pirlo has played with him he may be able to get the best out of him again.

8. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

I just seen something online apparently United pay there 3 keepers 600k a week combined. That's mental.

9. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

10. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

11. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

I have not seen one.

12. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Dozens of lower league clubs in big trouble. Some of the football writers who were calling for null and void in March that would have been a huge financial disaster, now saying the PL needs to bail the lower leagues out. And while I agree, it was always obvious that they were going to need PL money. Everybody in football should have been working towards a strategy to finish the PL season with provisions made to divert some of the money to the lower leagues. But certain football writers were too busy shaming anybody who was doing the intelligent thing and planning ahead because "people were dying" ,chairmen,managers and players were pushing their own clubs interests above everything else also playing the people are dying card and the issue of how much trouble the lower leagues were in was allowed to slip through the cracks.

That's not to in any way downplay the seriousness of the pandemic,but millions of people were working through it and football shouldn't have been made to feel guilty for doing its job and focusing on making sure everything was in place for when the government allowed it to start up again.

13. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Rangers have a tough game tonight against Galatasary to go through to Europe League group stage.
    Celtic face a much easier task against Sarajevo. Gerrard has a very impressive European record with Rangers, tonight would probably top the lot if they get through.

14. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Great win for Rangers

15. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

All the chatter about how clubs spending would be majorly curtailed seems to have been so much BS, well according to SSN's figures of transfer money

Expenditure at 1.24 Billion
    Income at 350m

pretty much exactly the same as the 2018 window and the 2016 one.
    Seems to be a 2 year cycle for incoming fees too, 2019 and 2017 both had roughly 800m incoming, the other years landing about 350-400m .

I know Sky love to jack up their numbers as much as possible - they went as far as having a little disclaimer under our numbers when they were on the tv screen that the fees included add ons and further payments - which made our numbers look like we spent 75m, when its widely accepted we paid about 10m up front for Thiago and Jota and 11.25 for our left back that I still cant spell

16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

It's always been amazing to me that this practice is allowed.

17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

PL looks to have weathered the covid storm much better than the other leagues. I think Italy and Germany only spent about half of what they did last year,Spain only about a third. Maybe I'm imagining it but from the few bits I've been reading it seems getting rid of players has been a problem and the reduction in transfer fees received and the failure to get wages off the books might start to bite for PL clubs down the road.

18. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

Red Bull Salzburg have enforced a "team quarantine" and will not release players for international duty after three tested positive for Covid-19.

Joedared likes this.
  19. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Ingenious.

20. Carlsburger

Carlsburger
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Attached Files:

Skintown Red likes this.