This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by edcarroll02, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Son has just finished two weeks restricted movements as a teacher had it, all the kids had to be tested twice and were all clear thankfully

Hse very slow with the initial tracing and contacting families but once the first appointment was made it was all very efficient thankfully

Testing centre were great with small kids too, we had results both times around 30 hours after the test

2. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully it'll be one of those miraculous everyday bugs kids get Padski - you know the ones where theyre sick as a small hospital for 11.5 hours, then jump up and announce theyre "feeling better now Daddy" - leaving you wrung out like an old tea towel.

Great news Gerry. Have to say they (testers) are brilliant with kids. A niece and nephew. both on the Autism spectrum has to be tested and their parents were up the wall worried about firstly the obvious - were they positive, and secondly how they were going to get he kids to allow the test in the first place. Whoever the woman was, she was a marvel. Had the kids attention and trust in no time flat, explained the process, with a self demo - and the kids allowed her to do the necessary

3. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

People won’t be happy with restrictions from next week
    Sounds like
    - pubs and restaurants won’t open till later in month
    - 5k will be lifted but intercounty travel won’t be allowed until week before Xmas
    - 3 households can meet over Xmas

4. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

That'll do me tbh. 3 households nice one. You'd have to be seriously struggling with the boozer to want to enter with the place full its allowed capacity with young crowd. I'm absolutely generalising of course but I reckon most old arses like myself have wrote the year off socially.