This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by edcarroll02, Mar 10, 2020.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

This thing is actually getting very worrying. The Italians are in grave trouble with the number of cases and deaths, nearly 200 more since last reported! I hope it might finally sink in how serious this is, it's not the common cold or a mild flu, extreme measures will be required now before it's too late.

2. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

You'd wonder about china's numbers. Have they actually stemmed the tide or is it more lies?

3. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

4. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

It's almost doubling every 3 days in Italy. Hard to believe China's numbers can be anything but completely and utterly fabricated if the Italian ones continue in this way. World is heading into a complete lockdown very soon over this.

5. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Was reading earlier America is lowest amount of tests per capita in the world by a long way. Whatever about our government or Brits, America is in trouble with their administration

6. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

We should try to utilise the fact we are an island. We should close schools and all gatherings now,we should all go into isolation now.
    We just need to look at the mistakes made in Italy and try to contain it as best we can.
    Our government will do fuck all though, sending out sound bites about hand washing isn't enough, it's gone way past that already. Simon Harris is a complete and utter moron.

Allowing Italian flights into this county will go down as one of the biggest mistakes ever made by any government in our long history of appalling governments.

Nothing will be done until its too late and hundreds if not in the thousands of irish people will lose lives to this. The weak and elderly who last month were told they can work until they're 67 night not even make it to that age.

We should do today what Italy has now done, go into complete isolation.
    Forget industry and the economy, our parents and elderly relatives who fought to build this country and give us the opportunities we have should come first for once.

Money and lack of leadership will result in all of us losing loved ones to this.

Brian Boru likes this.
  7. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Going after the government is a bit lazy.
    Considering every other country allowed this to happen, sure Boris in UK said it's nothing more a flu . Bringing up the pension age wats that about?
    We as a country need be untied in trying to defeat this.
    Self isolation is best idea, but we need stop all flights ships etc.2/3 weeks and hopefully be sorted. But not feasible
    As in soundbites of washing hands and covering your mouth when coughing. Obviously people aren't doing this,as it's spreading lack of basic hygiene is embarrassing by looks. So Tellin people to do this might actually save lives.
    Italy was very slow in reacting too.and has took extreme measures which is correct considering how big of hotbed it is.
    We all have elderly in our families if visit them wash hands and have badic hygiene.

8. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

I'd never trust them with figures, but maybe the lockdown helped?
    Italian ones are scary

9. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

Who allowed flights from Italy to continue?
    And why the fuck can't I bring up the pension age? It's that government that increased the age.
    Ya, Italy was slow to react, do you think if they could turn back time they wouldn't go into isolation? Course they fucking would. So, as our government shouldn't they look at other countries and learn from their mistakes instead of what? What's this that they're doing now? What exactly are they doing? Fuck all!!! Do they think it will go away? No, it'll be the exact fucking same as italy.

So no, going after the government isn't lazy,you or me couldn't stop fights, we can't close schools, flights only stopped because italy is locked down, not because of anything our genuises came up with. They are in power but they're doing fuck all only waiting for what happened elsewhere to happen here.
    Incompetence as fucking usual.

10. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Yes the Chinese are able to enforce draconian measures to prevent the spread abd they'll waive all human rights required to stop the spread. How bad things will have to get here before they'd go to the same extremes is unclear. People are not allowed outside their homes or apartments now but if stats are to be believed it appears to be working.

11. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Don't be cursing at me! Or having attitude at me bit of manners please, just making a comment against yours.

diceyreilly and Niall like this.
  12. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I assume he's holding you responsible for starting the Coronavirus for some reason!

Irishkop96 likes this.
  13. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

That's right ya

14. Brian Boru

Brian Boru
    Expand Collapse

We need to close the schools now. We have the benefit of the Italian data to guide us. We must learn from their misfortune.

Garrett likes this.
  15. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Pretty harsh in fairness. But after that mouthful I'll have take the blame

16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

People being offended by bad language aside,he's right when he says it's not lazy to go after this government.

red2005 likes this.
  17. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Just watched prime time and the msg I gather is to expect more drastic measures being introduced in the coming days/week

Harris hid behind the national health organisation (or whoever he was refferring to) at every straight up question. Which is fair enough for now with the calls being made/to be made

For me, we should be taking the measures Italy didn't take in the time we have to take them.

Brian Boru likes this.
  18. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Were an island. Perfect opportunity to tell the brits.
    Were taking back the six counties and puttin the whole island into isolation.
    No one in or out..

Tounge in cheek before I get lots of different views

19. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

That's the issue though,. We don't have weeks or months to fuck about like they're used to doing. They need to take action now, to learn from the mistakes Italy made.

You just know that all Harris thinks about us how he is coming across, how he'll come out of this... He will never make a decision for the good of the people.

If the UK had proper leadership and someone responsible in charge to make big calls I'm sure we would follow on and do similar. It's the blind leading the blind leading the blind at this stage.

20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Nadine Dorries who I think is a junior health minister in the UK has tested positive for it.