This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Todays Matches Mark 4

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Apr 15, 2018.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Dont buy that mate. You don't embarrass yourself in your multi million pound job for motives like that. The game was over when he said his most embarrassing stuff and City had won,there was nothing for him to gain in that regard by being that disingenuous. I've no doubt he'll hammer them if they lose this weekend because he's going to be badly stung by the criticism he gets for his performance tonight.

2. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

Himself and tyler are a embarrassment to not only themselves but utd supporters, neville on bout sun calling out who didnt play well tonite but all him and tyler were concerned bout was continuously refering to our title challenge and us. Well at least we're in one unlike hes bunch of misfits utd dont deserve any form of European football next yr but dey prob get as it looks like nobody else wants it now either. It twists my shit listening to them 2, if i didnt enjoy football so much id nearly cancell sky just so i wudnt have to go through listening to them. Shower of pricks !!!

3. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Well that's my opinion anyway.
    The only criticism he'll get is from Liverpool fans.

4. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Hes being absolutely battered from all quarters already.

5. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

All quarters?haven't seen it on any sites but I'm not on twitter so maybe thats where it's coming from so. Could you give me a flavour of what people?and whats being said?

6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Yep,Twitter is where the immediate reaction comes from after games and both him and Roy Keane are trending. Jamie Carragher posted a half jokey tweet telling people to leave him alone. Football writers are creaming themselves over Roy Keane taking him to task,many Man U fans are all over it,even saw Jody Morris express his surprise at how bad Neville was.

7. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

He's a rat and a hypocrite.

A hypocrat.

8. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

:D:D

9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think in general hes a very good pundit but theres always been an element to it that's not consistent for differing reasons imo depending on the subject.

10. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Fck him and Keane... Obviously wanted them to win tonight but they are absolute sham at the moment and expected them to get beaten. How LFC did not go for the jugular second half in the game at Old Trafford is a mystery. Rashford playing on one leg the whole game, I know Firmino upset the game plan by going off but it’s all I could think about in last 20 mins of that game tonight.

dk.lfc likes this.
  11. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

I didn't notice anything bad about him tonight. He's always talks shit. Just because we don't agree with his opinion doesn't mean he had a bad performance. He defends his own team when he wants, he hammers them when he wants. He speaks his own opinions. His opinions are a pile of shite usually, but he gets paid to be on TV.

12. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

He's a good pundit/analyst but the mask drops far too often.

13. Stephen Chawke

Stephen Chawke
    Expand Collapse

The angle that im clinging to is that if City are to mess up the later the better. Our dip in form mainly conincided with when we had the biggest lead. Some racehorses are like that, idle in front and can only win when they get their head in front at the death. Possible that if we had a 2 point lead going to Rafa we could struggle under the weight of it. Best case scenario, if we win our next 2, Leicester do something leaving us only needing to hold on to the lead for the last day

No great logic there, just hope :)

14. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

15. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

He doesn't always talk shit,not even close. Hes one of the best pundits on TV normally but as a viewer you get to decide what you consider a bad performance from somebody in that role because what you expect from a pundit might not be what I do. Me,I consider it a bad performance when a pundit talks a pile of shite. You think he talks a pile of shite usually but as far as you're concerned that doesn't necessarily mean hes performing badly in his job. That seems weird to me but each to their own pal.

16. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

That was pretty much Neville's point he tried to somewhat bemusingly make about Fred last night when questioned by Keane, he said that it wasn't his fault that he was crap and that he pulls out of tackles and lets lads run by him because that's as good as he can be and he felt that was a perfectly fine defence for a player.

I think that was the first time that I've watched punditry before or after a game in a few years and I am happy to see that I'm missing out on nothing too much. Watch a game, enjoy a game, form your own opinions and move on with it, they add no value for me.

Joedared likes this.
  17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

As I said each to their own mate but Neville,Carragher and to a lesser extent Souness often add value for me because you never stop learning when it comes to football,and you can often learn from them. It's a pity Frank Lampard went into management because he was a fantastic pundit. I'm happy to let people who know more about the game than me play a part in forming my opinions. Roy Keane can be entertaining and it was good he was there last night to give Nevilles shite the treatment it deserved but imo hes not insightful. He never says anything that surprises you or you hadn't already worked out for yourself.

bobby benitez and Skintown Red like this.
  18. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Would probably add Scholes to that list with Keane as well...I mean I love ex utd playings moaning about how shite utd are as the next fella but yes I already know the minimum requirement of a footballer should be to run!

Stevie S, Niall and babbsnads like this.
  19. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

The analysis after the game was great tv. Keane looked like he was going to strangle Neville, it looked like Joe Hart wanted to put up his hand and ask to leave. Keane doesn't add anything you don't already know but if he's calling out players for lack of effort when they are being praised for effort 2 feet away then that's good analysis.

Stevie S likes this.
  20. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

First time really seeing that lad Fred last night, is he always that bad?
    He was fcukin shocking last night.