This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Stewards Clampdown on Cards

Discussion in 'Tickets' started by Rover 609, Feb 10, 2014.

1. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Yes red means there's no ticket on the card, or the card has already been used to enter (perhaps a paper ticket was used to enter first etc)

2. Beanokelly

Beanokelly
    Expand Collapse

No. I had the use of a members card from here and my young went in on my card but the members card went red and i had purchased on it in the bulk sales. The stewart just said the card was faulty so she scammed me in and posted a new card to the member on here.

3. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

So is the clampdown on people buying the wrong type of ticket or is it on peoples names not matching whats on the card?
    Are we talking about getting to the stage of random ID checks and told to bring ID with you on a match day.
    i would be pretty sure most people on here have used another membership card other than their own, and also have let other people use their card.
    would certainly be a major issue for most.
    It would however stop travel agencies etc and make it easier to get tickets to games.
    Id also imagine that the credits required for games would drop dramatically as people would only be buying games they are attending themselves.

4. Phil!

Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Think they seem to be focussing on the Local Sales area's looking at RAWK. There was a lot of noise about the £9 tickets being sold on at higher prices and them potentially scrapping the Local sales so imagine this could be linked and they're all paper tickets too so would match up.

5. sullycarr

sullycarr
    Expand Collapse

I hear that the Tralee offical branch has had 50 plus cards taken off them from the Swansea game, not physically at the game but all cards registered with the branch are suspended pending an investigation and what was said to me all was above board so I'm not sure who they targeting

6. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

When you have more information please share it as by your account this is a very serious development for a supporters club.

Dub13 likes this.
  7. dogrady26

dogrady26
    Expand Collapse

Wow

8. Horan01

Horan01
    Expand Collapse

I was taking to guy from Tralee today and he was filling me in on this. I think the number of cards confiscated was closer to 85. They were to have a meeting in Tralee last night to see how best to respond back to LFC. Apparently it was just down to complacency, but my guess is that they were being watched for a while. They had a guy standing outside the KOP after the game with a backpack collecting all the cards off people. A steward and 2 undercover cops/anti fraud guys approached him and took the majority of cards he had. This guy that was telling me has a game booked with them toward the end of the season and it looks as though there are no refunds being offered by the Tralee branch (his words not mine, in case anyone takes offence).
    They are going to try and get each person named on their confiscated cards to send a letter to LFC claiming that they were at the game. Apparently the SCUM supported club of Tralee also got into similar difficulty with manc cards in the past and they were all returned back to them again after they received the letters from the card holders so the LFC branch are hoping LFC will do the same.

Heraldo likes this.
  9. Phil!

Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

So they were c85 seperate cards that they used in normal members sales instead of the supporters clubs tickets or have I picked that up wrong?

10. Horan01

Horan01
    Expand Collapse

No, your right, it was members cards that they were using

11. northside red

northside red
    Expand Collapse

Genuine supporters club, lad was a bit naive , hope they get it sorted. Liverpool are a disgrace for chasing an affiliated supporters club.

12. Dzer2

Dzer2
    Expand Collapse

Not a nice thing to happen.
    I collected a fair few cards after the Wolves game for lads here so lads could attend the Chelsea Game.
    Will be a lot more careful the next time and will arrange it for away from the ground

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  13. kop75

kop75
    Expand Collapse

it was 83 off the tralee lads,all genuine,no touting just other people using other peoples cards.
    sets a dangerous precedent for a lot of people

14. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Looks well dodgy though if 1 bloke is collecting all those cards.

Stevie S likes this.
  15. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I know nothing about this incident but my understanding is that to be a member's a of a supporters club you also have to be a member of LFC as well on an individual basis.

16. LKDAVE

LKDAVE
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

A supporters club requires a minimum of 15 LFC members and can have as many non LFC members as they wish.

17. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

You would know, I got a different impression from following one supporters group on twitter.

18. LKDAVE

LKDAVE
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

They must insist that all their members have one.

19. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

If 15 tickets were issued to those 15 members for a game do they have to be used by those 15 members or does the SC have the freedom to distribute them as they wish?

20. LKDAVE

LKDAVE
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Nah just like any fancard holder here there and everywhere, the name on the card is supposed to be the same as person attending game.

SUPERFAN likes this.