This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

General (non LFC chat) Football Chat.

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Sep 15, 2013.

1. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

When man u sacked moyes they were on 57 points after 34 league games, the highest number of points they can be on after 34 games this season is 56 points, if they win their next 2 games.
    They've gone nowhere in 10 years.

sullycarr likes this.
  2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

3. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

babbsnads likes this.
  4. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Not gonna lie, I did think he may have been talking some nonsense there but...... I've just seen he played for Washington Diplomats in 1981, if that team is not the CIA then I give up.

babbsnads likes this.
  5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Makes you think alright. And I won't lie, I'm desperate to see what a 107 year old JFK looks like.

6. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I don't want to be ageist but Johan would want to get a move on and say what he has to say, if the smokes didn't kill first time they have to be catching up on him.

babbsnads likes this.
  7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

And Princess Diana must be fucking raging looking at Queen consort Camilla.

Imagine that's what your life turned into though. Going from sitting there with the lads on Soccer Saturday, to having to sit there and listen to a lunatic because if you don't,you won't sell as many CBD products. And all because you couldn't deal with the golf courses being closed. It's the other lads I feel sorry for,the ones who lost their jobs because just dumping Le Tissier was considered too awkward for Sky. I wouldnt mind, LeTissier was the only one of them who wasn't entertaining. The show wouldn't have missed him at all. Its gone to shit without the others though.

8. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

It's a tough one to row back on though, I've no idea what kind of advice a PR company could give someone that far down a rabbit hole.

9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think there's only two choices.

Dissapear from public view and hope that after enough time you stop being persona non grata with mainstream football media.

Or lean further into it, racking up as many "wins" as you can along the way. The wins,with the exception of some of the shite you're throwing at the wall sticking,will be misrepresenting or spinning situations to people who are down the same rabbit hole you are,in a way where you build up a following who think you're a brave truth teller,exposing governments/big pharma/george soros/the woke agenda etc. etc. That way you'll still have ways of making money and keep the personal appearance bookings coming.

I dont think Le Tissier could financially afford the first option,or that he'd want to even if he could afford it. He genuinely believes he has the kind of intelligence most people don’t possess,and that anybody who doesnt see the world like he does is either stupid or bought and paid for.

10. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I know it is obviously all bollocks but what is he actually saying? I know he went haywire but what is his trigger?

11. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I've heard Le Tissier interviewed about his mad ideas and his exit from Sky. The impression I get is he doesn't have the stomach for it, that video you shared is proof he's not cut out to share the world that interviewer resides in. My memory of the situation was he was a single issue candidate, on an issue (restriction of liberty) that most people could at least understand if not agree with it. The rabbit hole sucked him in and now he's fucked.

I'm not sure I agree with you on option 1, I'd say he's plenty of money to sit it out. I heard Paul Merson on Tommy Tiernan the other week, he was mentioning figures you don't often hear football people mention and he was loaded (up until very recently) despite his best efforts to gamble it away. Le Tissier played the same era as Merson so would be in the same ball park you would imagine.

babbsnads likes this.
  12. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I remember LeTissier being adamant he wasn't a millionaire a few years ago, and I believe it to be fair. A lot of the wealth accumulated by players in that period would have been from signing on fees. Le Tissier only ever had one club and while there would have been signing on fees on his contracts,it wouldnt have been near the type of money Merson would have earned for his moves. He also got divorced towards the end of his career. I'd say hes a decent pension and has a comfortable life, but Id also say he has to keep earning to maintain his lifestyle.

bobby benitez likes this.
  13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

It started during lockdown,or at least it did publicly. He's obsessed with golf and not being able to play made him incredibly angry. And like most of us sometimes, when youre being denied something you badly want,you look for reasons to justify getting it. In this case though that meant attacking what he came to believe was the agenda behind covid lockdowns. That moved onto a refusal to wear the BLM pin on Sky, and its all snowballed since.

Liverpool-law likes this.
  14. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Le tossier had a pop at carra recently and I don't think he was too happy about it.

babbsnads likes this.
  15. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

My least favourite type of people in work. Get themselves in the shit, and then try to bring others down with them. Fucking weasel.

SUPERFAN likes this.
  16. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

got an email about this in work earlier, might interest some.

Calling All Football Fans!

As you might know, the UEFA Europa League Final 2024 is due to take place on Wednesday, 22nd May in Dublin.

Dublin City Council, alongside the FAI, the Aviva Stadium and the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media are a primary partner involved the organisation of this event with specific remits around mobility, fan meeting points, fan festival, safety & security, rights protection and city dressing and promotion.

A huge amount of work is being carried out in the background by Dublin City Council’s Sports Project Office as we fast approach the big match next month!

The official trophy will embark on a pre-promotional tour around the city this week, stopping off at Civic Offices Atrium on Friday, 19th April from 8.00am – 10.30am. Why not drop by for a photo opportunity?

If this day and time doesn’t suit, don’t worry – you can catch the trophy again at the Official UELF_24 Fan Festival which will take place in Dublin Castle on Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd May.

This free event will also feature fun interactive football themed activations by the event sponsors, an official merchandise outlet, food & beverage vendors and even a 5-a-side pitch with a full programme of activity over the two days. A great way to spend your lunch break! For more information, please click on the following link: https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/event-guide/fan-festival/

LFCRebel likes this.
  17. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

got a photo with the ‘old’ UEFA cup last time the final was here.
    They had a stand set up in the ILAC

18. sullycarr

sullycarr
    Expand Collapse

Isn't that great

19. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Looks like new spending rules coming in. City, United and Villa voted against and Chelsea abstained

20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Why did Newcastle vote in favour?