This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by edcarroll02, Mar 10, 2020.

1. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

But don't forget the majority of them think the vaccine is a way for them to kill people off. So they'll survive and rule the world while anyone who took a vaccine has died.

2. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Imagine for a second if they were right... not only would so much of the world's population be wiped out, but what was left would be all the ones you wouldn't want to share a planet with anyway :D

3. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I think I'd rather get off at the next stop on that basis alone! Imagine being stuck in a world with nothing but Gemma Doherty et.al.

4. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Someone should be greenlighting that dystopian sci-fi show in one of the networks right now.

5. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

There's a show on Amazon called "Utopia" that is the beginning of what that might look like. Seems it might tie in with a series from 2018 called "Distopia" so it's a sequel prequel type of thing. The 2018 show was meh, but the Amazon one is really really good.

6. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

This is a bit crazy

7. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Covid hospitalisation are often the result of a PCR test. I call bullshit.

8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think I'd be looking for a bit more context than just taking his interpretation of it. A quick scroll through his tweets wouldn't have me viewing him as somebody I'd trust.

Irishkop96 likes this.
  9. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

News out of the UK over the last week has been quite positive in terms of case numbers continuing to drop with no lockdowns introduced. The link between deaths and Covid seems to have been severely weakened too which is great news. Hopefully it bodes well for us as we continue on the path to fully reopening. As we're opening a little more cautiously I'd hope that we'll fare even better as we continue to see big increases in the fully vaccinated as the weeks roll by.

10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

A different interpretation of what's happening here.

Irishkop96 likes this.
  11. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

I'm curious on people's thoughts in England. They had good few weeks of euros. And then the final celebrations before the game, thousands a pound thousands mixing together. They didn't seem to get a big 'surge' after this. Cases seem to be falling pretty well. Yes they still had deaths but thankfully not on same levels.
    Hopefully it's the sign vaccines are working and maybe rest of us can follow suit.

12. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Wonder when the videos will start circulating of the dickheads who'll go out looking to be refused service in bars/restaurants?

Liverpool-law, Irishkop96 and GaryMc like this.
  13. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

With babk holiday coming up will be very soon.
    I just feel sorry for the staff and business owners who have deal with this

babbsnads likes this.
  14. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Dickheads is absolutely right. Some of these twats need to be called out by other patrons of the restaurant too if they are giving grief to staff. Obviously people will want to avoid conflict and if it means you are going to get your head kicked in, I can understand no one wants to draw that upon themselves. But a lot of these protesters are just entitled whingers as opposed to violent thugs. They need to be told to fcuk off.

15. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I was in a few counties last week and there was massive differences in shops / bars in how people are treating it by the looks of it

Was very surprised to see how lax some places/people are, it seems many have given up taking precautions.

16. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

How does a non EU tourist get into a bar?

(not a joke)

17. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

heard a speaker on the radio earlier saying this new delta variant loves congregations, loves people close together, loves unvaccinated people, makes no sense at all why they're allowing unvaccinated people in to pubs/restaurants.

18. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I thought they weren't letting unvaccinated people into pubs/restaurants? Is it not only for people who are fully vaccinated who have their covid passport.

19. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

https://insidemedicine.bulletin.com/2977384169199489

It's an article about suicide attempts/cases in America among 12-17 year olds since the pandemic began, and how the data correlated with schools opening and closing. Overall,there was a large spike. You can't establish causation with this kind of data,it's far too complex an issue,although that didn't stop people on the anti lockdown side of the argument doing just that. But it shows that the big spikes were after schools which had been closed due to covid, reopened,so if we were to judge it on the numbers alone(which we shouldn't) going back to school had a bigger impact than closing schools.

But I've thought all along something that hasn't got much attention is the mental health impact for some people of lockdowns ending. With people dying of covid,losing their income/jobs and the obvious mental health impacts of that and lockdowns, saying lockdowns have been good for you generally wouldn't go down too well. So you don't hear a lot of people saying it but a prolonged break from the stresses/pressures/anxieties of normal life has been a good thing for a lot of people. And because we haven't really talked about that, there is very little attention paid to the mental health impacts of lockdowns ending which can't be a good thing.

#1359 babbsnads, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  20. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

unvaccinated under 18s are allowed in and unvaccinated staff.