This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Villa Vs LFC - FA Cup Semi-Final Wembely

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by Bez Bing, Apr 17, 2015.

1. trucker

trucker
    Expand Collapse

My 4 year old woulda put up a bigger threat than allen in the middle of the park, allen sums up where we are at the moment with our manager our fan base and probably owners, just happy to tick along achieving nothing, Allen is the poster boy of nothing. I swear people probably thought he was motm Sunday, he is the epitome of mediocre and is basically his manager on the field.

2. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

Yes but my point is Can was having a mare of a game was regularly caught on the hop, why move a fella who had gotten he's ass handed to him by a bunch of average players for 70mins and expect him to be the game changer all of a sudden he's confidence got enough of a battering without that pressure, was never going to work.

3. trucker

trucker
    Expand Collapse

Can was terrible Sunday in fact he's been pretty awful last 2 months, like the way teams have Sussed this 3 at the back he's now a target of he plays anywhere in defence, given he's widely regarded as our best summer signing it's fair to see without s shadow of a doubt last summer was the worst transfer window in our history

4. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Who hadnt got there arse handed to them on Sunday other than maybe Coutinho and Balotelli... he tried something that appeared quite logical too me.

On the whole Richie Can has been very impressive in his debut season especially when age is considered. Show me a 21 year old foreign player with a better debut season in the league. He might not be what we needed when we needed it but you often campaign to have Hendo cut some slack when hes shfted to right back.... and in his first season out on the right. Same logic should apply here the kid has been played everywhere this season. Im not having that he is anything other than a success.

5. trucker

trucker
    Expand Collapse

He's average, deserves slack for been a shit FB I agree, but he's a average midfielder, and looks lost unless he's in a back 3. The fact you consider him a success is only a reflection of the sabotage rodgers inflicted on the club with his last shopping spree.

6. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

Have to agree with @trucker there. I don't see the fuss about Emre Can from our own fanbase.

7. trucker

trucker
    Expand Collapse

If we stick with 3 CB he could be excellent in that role but it weakens team elsewhere, he's young so time will tell, but bar a decent month there after Christmas he's meh, he's given away pens and been caught out a few times, he's probably worth £10m to be fair though.

8. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Far too early to write can off
    Had some very good games and some poor ones while being played out of position
    Totally swung the game in our favour v palace in the cup at a time when we really looked in trouble

9. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

Not writing him off, far from it, but I don't think he's been as great as people are making out. He's been ok, nothing more & nothing less. He's probably been the best of the summer signings but that's not saying a great deal.

10. Clerk

Clerk
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking exactly that myself and in the United and the Arsenal game. To be honest he's been a big miss all season. He has loads of heart which was sadly lacking in those games. l hope to fcuk that injury is ok - it seems very serious, he's out for the season.

11. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Part of the problem when it comes to Can, is we're judging him based on performances in a defenders position... he wasn't bought for the position he's being played in and yet, we judge him as if he were.

Another example of BR trying to get everyone playing in positions besides their own and while Can has done better than others when played out of position, he's not a perfect fit and I dont think he should be held accountable for it.