This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Tips for parking at Anfield to get 20.40hrs ferry from Holyhead

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Mags, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Mags

Mags
    Expand Collapse

Hi

Need some advise will be driving to the Spurs game on 2nd April. The kick off is 3pm has anyone ever got the 20.40pm ferry from Holyhead and made it on time. Would rather not have to leave the game early and will be traveling with my 11 year old twins. Theres a ferry at 02.15am which would be fine on my own but not great with two children as we still have drive from Dublin to Kerry afterwards. Was thinking if I got the earlier ferry could stay in Dublin and head home early next morning.

2. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

That spurs game is not set in stone for a Saturday 3 o clock kick off, more than likely it'll be switched for tv.

Mags likes this.
  3. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

I think you would make it but the Spurs date and kick off time is still to be confirmed.

Mags likes this.
  4. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

I'm nearly sure we got the 20.40 sailing home after the FA Cup draw with Blackburn last March and made it fine. @Stevie S might be able confirn. He was in a crackin motor mind you :cool:

Good chance that this Spurs game will change time and possibly day also. @redabbey is usually good at this sort of stuff.

Mags likes this.
  5. Mags

Mags
    Expand Collapse

Oh really! Sorry didnt know that. Do you know when this will be confirmed? New to all this lark got the tickets from my local supporters club they did mention some games might be changed but didnt say this one. Im going to London for Easter to family and thats why this game was perfect as would drive up and head home after in time for school Monday. Feck it anyway. Best laid plans :-(

6. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Could be February before it's confirmed. Don't book anything. I reckon this will definately be a TV pick as Spurs are flying and could be title challengers, so chances of 3pm are very slim. Could be anyone of 6 kick off times

Saturday 12.45, 3.00, 5.30
    Sunday 1.30, 4.00
    Monday 8.00 (Unlikely as one or both could be in Europa League Quarter Final that week).

Mags likes this.
  7. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

Could be late Feb / early March before the TV fixtures are confirmed for April I'd say.

Mags likes this.
  8. Mags

Mags
    Expand Collapse

Thanks so much everyone. Im so glad I posted my query on here as would have booked the ferry! I will hold on for now.

Dub13 likes this.
  9. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

The 2040 would defo be doable on the Saturday, the funbus did it after a few 3 o clock kick offs, if it's switched to a Sunday at 4 I reckon there's no chance of making the 2040 sailing that night.

Mags likes this.
  10. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

I cant see the game being 3 o clock I am going to take a guess at BT taking it at 12.45 but @redabbey is the man for this,

I have never missed the 20.40 with a 3pm kick off. Park in Lime Street as its a quick getaway from the city after the game.

Mags likes this.
  11. Beanokelly

Beanokelly
    Expand Collapse

I don't think this will be 12.45 kick off as Spurs may have been picked 4 times already if that's the case id have a guess for 1.30 kick off on the Sunday

Shane_90 likes this.
  12. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

That is correct BT have maxxed out on Spurs weekend picks with five now picked.

@Mags For a quick getaway to the tunnel I would suggest parking in Everton Valley, just up from the Valley Pub, on St. Domingoes Road about a 10min walk to the ground. The day we beat Spurs 4-0 in season 13/14, I was in a car, and we did the journey to Holyhead in less than 2 hours from when we were all back at the car and that game was a 4pm kick off on a Sunday. The driver had a heavy foot so progress was rapid.

As others have said this will be certain to be a television pick which would rule out 3pm on the Saturday. The April television announcements were made on the 20th February last year.

GaryMc, Shane_90 and Mags like this.
  13. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

That was off a 4pm kick off on an 8:30 sailing and Skrtel in a heap on the ground for 9 mins :)
    Parked in Everton Valley and left in last (only!) min of injury time

GaryMc and Mags like this.
  14. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

This made me :)

15. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Can you guess the driver Willie? Send me a PM