This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The general news thread

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Red7778, Aug 4, 2011.

1. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I'm the same, never watched a single documentary on it. I seen the planes hit the buildings, as far as I'm concerned they can stick all the computer simulations in the world up their hole. A plane hitting a building is more than capable of bringing it down.

2. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

mc sharry resigns from ff and will vote no confidence in sc, i doubt o callaghan or cowan will have the balls to do the same despite having plenty to say on the matter.

3. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

McSharry had to resign the whip this time. His act would be done if he hadn't. Probably guaranteed his seat at the next election but it was no moral stance imo. Personally I don't see much point of O'Callaghan or Cowan giving up the whip on this one. It would of passed easily anyway.

Sinn Fein played it well. Made out they were giving Martin the opportunity to do the right thing before putting up the motion, knowing he wouldn't, and also knowing he'd have to force TD's who are sick of being Fine Gaels doormat, to be doormats again. That everyone bending over backwards to save Coveney entrenched the view that Fine Gael are arrogant and don't do accountability will have also been factored in. Matt Carty using Dail privilege to accuse Simon Harris of leaking Zapones appointment to the press will give this another week in the media. Again Fine Gael gave them a dig out on that one with Peter Burke claiming that if SF have information Harris did leak it, they should go to the police as its a serious criminal offence(I don't think it is)raises even more questions. This shit has been a huge gift for SF.

bobby benitez and Shane_90 like this.
  4. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Don't know a lot about McSharry but he comes scrips as an arrogant prick.

5. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

its been well known in political circles about leaky simon, sure catherine martin let it slip on radio a few weeks ago that the leak was a matter for fg to sort out.

6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

He's denied it publicly now,so there's going to be a stampede to find the evidence. Anybody finds it,and he's done. Not a chance FF TD's bend over again for this.

Irishkop96 and Shane_90 like this.
  7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member