This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Spike in membership

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Dub13, Jul 23, 2010.

1. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Same here.
    Having a set fee might put new members off joining or push current members away but a voluntary contribution would hopefully work well.

2. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Its very intermittent Dom,some days it would only bring in a few cent the average would not be over a euro a day anyway.In saying that well less that half the visitors to the site see those google adds so its not a true reflection of them,they may work well on other sites.

So before you log in don't be afraid to click on them folks.

Dom,I see from a thread on IPB that you are testing Ad bite,now is it going...?I looked into that bit went with google instead.

3. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

At the time that note was issued that Zim $ 1 trillion note was just worth 1 $US.

The best holiday of my life was being on safari in Zimbabwe in 1998.

4. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

He really did say that :D

Good on you Dion.

"The crazies have been bolstered by comments from ex-players like Ronnie Whelan. In the devalued currencies of punditry, Whelan is the Zimbabwean dollar, but he found a few places where his money was good last week."

5. liamo3

liamo3
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Paul do you realise that irishkop has changed peoples lives in a positive way. I honestly think sometimes you are far too modest about your achievement around this subject. You have kept this site as a true football supporters site. You have allowed lads to become real good mates. Not everyone is going to get on with everyone but I would say every member has got something useful from being a member on here. I know for a fact certain Liverpool organisations that we all hold dear to us have the utmost utmost respect for this site and it's members.

I think if there is a financial cost to running the site it should be shared between those willing to offer a donation now and again to help.

6. The beard

The beard
    Expand Collapse

I don't think anyone that has been a member for any length of time would disagree with a yearly membership fee. I as very green about what was happening at our club till I joined here and really appreciate that IRISHKOP has opened my eyes.
    You are providing a great service here and at the very least deserve to be compensated if not rewarded

7. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

i'd echo what the other lads have said on here,i'd gladly contribute a few quid to the upkeep of this site but knowing paul i know he wouldn't accept it.
    how exactly does that facebook advertising thing work paul?
    could we do the same thing through our paypal/facebook accounts and maybe attract more members?
    liam is spot on in what he said,i know for a fact that irishkop is held in very high regard.just look at the banner canvas and how well it was received..

8. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Just donated 1 Ryanair credit card charge ;) Irishkop as saved me at least €100 by introducing me to entropay. Thats just a drop in the ocean compared to eveything else IK has provided me in the last 2 years. Keep up the great work paul.

9. 5starpool

5starpool
    Expand Collapse

We're just testing it out since we can't get google ads. I don't think we'll be making a fortune from it anyhow any time soon either.

10. wertyu

wertyu
    Expand Collapse

Spot on this Paul & it shouldn't go un-noticed I'd gladly give towards this site in any way that I can. As the lads I've met off here including yourself are all sound and alway's ready to help out a fellow red!

11. Huggie

Huggie
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Glady dontate to this site,

12. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the kind words folks.I am aware what a success the site has been and it does make me immensely proud that so many people have became friends through the site.It also gives me great pleasure that so much cash is saved by lads,even if its a small thing like a taxi share from Manchester done via the site or a bus rented out or the now infamous cheap flights heads up.Its more cash in your pockets and that makes me happy.

I would also like to think on a grander scale we have hit the Irish travel agents/touts for a huge amount by educating lads over the years on how to get tickets and cheap travel.

Along with the other changes I have been making over the weekend I decided to install the paypal donate option on the site.This is because I do fear we are getting to big for a one man backed operation and will outgrow our hosting soon,I don't want to have the site go down for a few days when this does happen.I made on mistake while doing this and thats I did not hide the button and 2 lads who will remain nameless donated....I am happy say they got there cash back by canceling the transaction.If this does not work its no big deal along with adds for guests/new members we should be fine for a while.