This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Reserves in Cork

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by James, Jun 24, 2009.

1. windhover

windhover
    Expand Collapse

I thought it was a good event and well organised. E40 is defo steep but at least it is going towards the club development. The ground was fantastic IMO

2. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

how was the atmosphere lads.the irish independent had something about the game in it every day this week pure over the top

3. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Seen the goal.Class free Kick by Pacheco.

4. keithmurray

keithmurray
    Expand Collapse

Hi all,

Just after getting in the door after the game. Fantastic set up down in Cork for the game - Dunmanway should be very proud of the effort made to welcome the lads. My heart goes out to a few of the smaller kids there. One little guy in front of us heard Gerardo Bruna's name called out. His face lit up and he turned to his dad....."Is that Gerrard Dad???" The poor guy had to break his heart and say no.

Anyway, to the game itself, we started brightly with Dani and Nemeth looked very lively. Steve Irwin was fantastic going forward down the left throughout the game and probably impressed me the most. Pacheco showed some lovely touches and always tried to beat the first man. His free-kick was beautiful, top left corner as he looked at it, down off the cross-bar! Fantastic strike.

That goal aside, going forward, we were disappointing. I know it's pre-season, etc. but it wasn't until the last 5-10mins that we had another couple of chances and were it not for 2 fantastic saves from 2 different Dunmanway Town goalkeepers, we would have won more comfortably. This lack of clear cut chances, in my opinion was simply down to many of the guys trying to make a name for themselves in pre-season. Where they will, with experience, lay the ball off cleverly to a team-mate, today, they were over-working the ball trying to create space to get in a strike, giving the Dunmanway defenders time to get in a last ditch tackle.

To sum up, Irwin, Pacheco, Mavinga, Mendy and Nemeth all impressed. Jordy did well when introduced and dictated the play in the centre. Eccleston also has something about him that could be interesting. All in all, great to see the reds in Ireland again, great day for the town of Dunmanway and also David Hall (Captain) who managed to persuade the club to send an XI over.

It has whet the appetite nicely for the 15th... Here we go again boys!

YNWA

5. AnfieldAura

AnfieldAura
    Expand Collapse

I thought they were promised at least one big name to appear? Was it Babel that was mentioned previously? What happened to that?

6. keithmurray

keithmurray
    Expand Collapse

Ryan was in Lyn last night, giving a very assured performance.
    I genuinely hope it's the beginning of things to come.

7. AnfieldAura

AnfieldAura
    Expand Collapse

I know he was but weren't they assured of one big name?

8. keithmurray

keithmurray
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if they can ever give those assurances.
    Either way it's disappointing but hopefully those present today DID see some big names...they're just not big yet! :)

9. 4tothefloor

4tothefloor
    Expand Collapse

1. Hansen
    2. Mendy
    3. Irwin (c)
    4. Palsson
    5. Mavinga
    6. ? ? ? ?
    7. Pacheco
    8. Simon
    9. Nemeth
    10. Weijl
    11. Bruna

Subs:
    12. Eccleston
    13. Bouzanis
    14. Kalaniklic
    15. Brouwer

Anyone know who no. 6 was lads?

Poor game and we were very average. Pacheco and Irwin were the stand outs, the latter looks a fine player. As an event very good set up but way OTT. Security and stewarding was OTT as well and must have cost a shed load, no doubt contributing to the high ticket prices. Never worth €40 either but at least Dunmanway are using the money to develop a proper playing setup so it's not too bad. Great goal from Pacheco too!

10. Monty

Monty
    Expand Collapse

I thought it was good to see a few of the younger players. Good day, performance wasn't anything special.

I thought the No.9 for Dunmanway was very good, anyone know his name and age? He has a great touch, a bit of flair and an eye for a pass.

11. northside red

northside red
    Expand Collapse

lots of dont buy the sun & justice stickers/sos applications handed out .thanks to all who took them
    genuinely shocked at the amount of people asking why but then it was all about education wasn't it.
    We brought 2 banners ,a RAOTL banner and a very home made Dont buy the sun banner.
    The rattle one went up ok but the other one caused the most walkie talkie communications outside of Iraq this week.GET IT DOWN was being constantly screamed on the air behind me.
    I asked to speak to the Garda who had no problem with it, I presumed LFC had no problem with it.Dunmanway were advised we were bringing banners and welcomed it.
    I was told the FAI who were footing the bill wanted free speech removed.
    NEVER AGAIN WILL I SUPPORT MY NATIONAL TEAM
    MERCENARY MONEYGRABBING MONEY WASTING WHORES

12. smiley1987

smiley1987
    Expand Collapse

Thats appalling mate i mean freedom of speech is in the constitution i bet if it was a banner saying something about how great the fai is they wouldn't of asked for it and i hope you didn't take it down too

13. northside red

northside red
    Expand Collapse

no option,security who were ok about it & garda insisted!
    the raotl banner was behind the goal but the dont buy the sun banner was placed way behind the stands on the perimeter of the "ground"
    on the plus side dunmanway was great ,weather was good, game was sh1t but still an expensive but fun day out, for the west cork pill poppers the banner is now on a building site railing between bandon & dunmanway hopefully!

14. smiley1987

smiley1987
    Expand Collapse

well that sounds like a load of shite but then a fair few of the garda are thicks oh i wonder where they mancs too lol

15. le songmeister

le songmeister
    Expand Collapse

Clare & co were in Norway. They were flying back via Amsterdam with KLM. She was at the supporters gig (Phil Thompson, Beatles Band, SOS and some Irish c*nt) on Tuesday night. Looking well but albeit a tad pissed off. Think it was to do with all the other hotties about.

16. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Should Clare be worried about the amount of information you have on her ware abouts? ;)

17. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse
    Expand Collapse

Cracking goal by young Daniel....

And a great turnout too!!

[YOUTUBE]ZFkGrqILbko[/YOUTUBE]​

18. redrath

redrath
    Expand Collapse

Found some pics :cool:

link

19. windhover

windhover
    Expand Collapse

Saw you take it down. Disgrace to be honest. Well done with the efforts though

20. Paddser

Paddser
    Expand Collapse

:D

Good stuff Luke. Good trip so.