This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Rafa Benitez

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by SUPERFAN, Nov 21, 2012.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Not blaming Ronaldo for the dysfunction in the club Bob. I do think basing their game purely on what's best for him,which is what he insists on,will give them no chance of being better than the current Barca team.Not only is he inferior to Messi but his backing group is inferior to Messi's too so if they want to be better than them in the league and Europe,they need a system that gets the most from everybody in the team.Spend the fee they'd recieve and wages on a world class player who's a bit happier to share the limelight and what you'd lose in aggregate between what that player brings compared to Ronaldo,you hopefully make up and overtake by making other players roles in the team more important.I hope they don't, I enjoyed watching Ronaldo in Messi's shadow last season and I wouldn't be surprised if he's overtaken by Suarez too in this one.

2. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

He got to manage his club and walk away with a major payday. It is a ridiculous soap opera of a club. As dk says above, 4 points off top and a great shot at the quarter finals of the champions league, just bonkers. Ronaldo always has been and always will be a complete dickhead. Has always overshadowed his ability for me, he is such a twat I just cannot appreciate him as a player. But I don't feel sorry for Rafa, Rafa is singing all the way to the Bank.

3. dantheman23

dantheman23
    Expand Collapse

He'll probably take over Valencia in summer, Neville sends to have little interest in managment.....

4. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Mad club

5. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I hope Rafa's bagged a load of cash for himself....

It's just a shame he didn't get to finish this season with them, would have interesting to see how they would have finishe up - my bet being 2nd in La Liga and potential finalists in the CL.

6. Pimboli

Pimboli
    Expand Collapse

Zidane clearly is off his head taking on this gig, himself with a massive ego who has managed as many top flight games as I have taking over a dressing room of egos.

What could possibly go wrong? (Fingers crossed, please be lots!)

7. Pimboli

Pimboli
    Expand Collapse

In Madrids world that would amount to failure and a sacking anyway.

Garrett likes this.
  8. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Real are a disgrace of a club. Becoming a shambles. They should look at their arch rivals - Barca - that's how a club should be run.

9. RedArmagh

RedArmagh
    Expand Collapse

disgusting club.
    4points off the top of the league with half of the season to go.
    Top goalscorers in la liga.
    Topped their champions league group.
    Joint top goalscorers in the champions league with 19 goals in 6 games.

Too good for them Rafa.

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  10. Anfield Old Boys

Anfield Old Boys
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Is there an element of fan ownership there?

11. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Huge, are you suggesting that the boo boys influenced the decision of Perez?

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Would love to see him take over Swansea.

13. Anfield Old Boys

Anfield Old Boys
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Yes, I think it could have.

14. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The goings on at Real and Barca are the reason I dont believe in complete fan ownership for Liverpool.I honestly couldn't stand those type of politics in the club.

15. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

No matter what the ownership situation, there will always be decisions made we don't like, or some form of internal politics, mate. I personally think fan ownership (in part or full) is a great system and the LFC fans missed a massive opportunity a few years ago. I only recently discovered that Swansea fans have a 20% stake in the club, which I think is a nice way to help keep the fans and the club united etc.

16. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Me too. The Swissramble, Kieran O'Connor did a blog on Swansea just a few days ago http://swissramble.blogspot.ch/2015/12/swansea-city-dont-let-sun-go-down-on-me.html

'Swansea’s unique ownership structure, with 21% held by the Supporters Trust and a fan elected on the board, has been described by the Premier League’s chief executive, Richard Scudamore as “ideal”, but the need for outside investment is clear, especially when you compare their cash balance with their Premier League rivals: Swansea have less than £3 million, while 11 clubs have more than £20 million.

Indeed, last season they held discussions with American businessmen John Jay Moores and Charles Noell, the former owners of Major League baseball team the San Diego Padres, who were reportedly seeking to acquire an initial 30% stake (rising to 66% in a few years), but these came to nothing and they seem to have moved their interest to Everton.'

Anfield Old Boys and Garrett like this.
  17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Complete fan ownership as a concept is not the worse way to run a football club(we know that from experience)but imo its pretty close to it. Inefficient and devoid of real stability and eventually would tear our fanbase apart. I can see plenty of positives in partial fan ownership in terms of protecting fans and traditions but I honestly dont want supporters making everyday decisions at the club.

Anfield Old Boys and Garrett like this.
  18. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I take your point mate. However, just to ensure we are clear here, I'm not saying the Board would be dominated by the fans, it would have to be a professional board (just as any other club).

babbsnads likes this.
  19. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

GaryMc likes this.
  20. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Glad he is gone from that Jokeshop. Really dislike that club and hope they win nothing.