This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

LFC small talk

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by Dub13, Feb 1, 2013.

1. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Kinell,what time do you have dinner at?
    Might not be his last.;)

2. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Late on a Friday as the kids have stuff on, need a diary sometimes.

3. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

4. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Im over wanting a 4th place finish over a trophy. That's where the club need to be,I get that although I think we can get the business we need to do this summer done without CL football. But football is about winning trophies and I won't be praying for a better chance of winning some over actually winning one so I'm going to let the club worry about their priorities and mine is going to be picking up trophies. I'll be happy as Larry when we pick strong sides to help us do that whether we've an important game in the race for 4th coming up or not. Hopefully we manage both,they don't have to be mutually exclusive but if it ends up one or the other,I know which one I'll be celebrating more.

6. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

I was thinking about it yesterday & I want a trophy. I want to be at a semi final at Wembley & worry about getting tickets & then getting my ticket & arranging travel to Wembley & then I want to go through the scramble for tickets for the final & not get one & then make plans to go out into town & watch it & end up watching it in my house. I want to be on the kop for a European cup semi final & have gotten the boat over because flights were too dear but by the time 7.45 rolls around I've been drinking for a solid 12 hours & I can't make it out who scored the last minute winner in front of the kop, was it Sturridge? Ye, it was Sturridge, actually no it was Flanagan, ye it was Flanagan, no Flanagan is on the bench. Looks like Suarez. Delighted I had him backed. Trophies are the best. The journey to the trophy is the best.

11-12 was one of my favourite seasons. I can't remember where we finished in the league. 7th 8th? But I remember the cup runs. City in the semi & Utd in the cup in the same week, Everton at Wembley. They're the ones you remember.

7. F@ces

F@ces
    Expand Collapse
    Part of the dance

[tweet]569561788708233216[/tweet]

8. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Went to look up a stat on the wonderful www.lfchistory.net website tonight and came across a player profile of a former Liverpool keeper Billy McOwen who played for the club between 1892 and 1894. One stat. for his goalkeeping career is outstanding.

'McOwen was a dentist and when Liverpool were promoted to the First Division he left the club as he would make a much better living pulling teeth rather than saving shots! He was reinstated as an amateur and played with Blackpool and later with Nelson. McOwen was an expert in saving penalties and during his career he faced 13 penalty kicks and saved 12 of them!'

9. LKDAVE

LKDAVE
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

10. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

11. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

"Liverpool's plans to build high screens around their training ground have been approved by the city council.
    The football club wants to stop people watching and filming sessions at the Reds' Melwood Drive complex.
    Liverpool City Council backed the club's proposals to install 4.5m (15ft) high retractable screens which would be closed during first-team training.
    The club said the screens - which will be retracted at all other times - were first planned more than a year ago.
    This will minimise the impact on residents, as well as allowing the grass to grow properly."

12. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

I see a lot of the local Liverpool fans are giving out about Daytrippers and blaming this for the poor atmospheres at Anfield.

I know a lot have been unhappy out about this for a while but it seems to be being highlighted a lot more recently.

13. flies

flies
    Expand Collapse

This maddens me tbf no Club nowadays are local clubs as far down as conference have international support who can't go to games every week but still go, these people have as much a right to he there as anyone else and also wether you he daytriper or a fan who goes week in week out ya have aright to view the game watever way ya see fit, ya wanna sing sing away ya wanna watch da game in piece and quiet also away with ya. No fans have a god given right to tell other fans how they should enjoy their game experience.

14. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Was there no daytrippers last year when the atmospheres were incredible? The reason for the lack of atmosphere is because the team is playing so much worse compared to last year. I know there's a bit of a chicken and egg situation as a big atmosphere can lift a team but it's way too simple to blame daytrippers for this.

15. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Exactly. Best Atmosphere in years last year when the team was doing well. no complaints of whoppers then.

Outside of Thomas Cook and travel touts, you have to wonder where a lot of these so called 'day trippers' get access to tickets, esp in The Kop. If you are a member with no credits you have very little chance of getting a ticket for United or Everton home or away, yet there seems to be loads of 'tourists' in the kop for those games. Recently a few people got put away for touting and fraud regarding tickets. Could it be that some 'loyal' supporters are flogging their cards for massive profits when the team is not doing so well. Doubt even the number engaged in that type of activity could affect the atmosphere.

I don't think at the moment, the lack of atmosphere is down purely to who gets into the stadium, corporates or even touts passing tickets on at a profit, I think mates not being able to sit together has a big impact. The lads on the Anfield Wrap are always on about it. If you have six lads in the pub beforehand signing a few songs and then they are all dotted around the stadium in separate seats, you wont bring that atmosphere into the stadium. If you are sitting together you are having a laugh etc.

I saw a few weeks ago on Twitter some reds on twitter slagging off Palace fans for a Championship atmosphere. For me, their atmosphere is the best in the country week in week out. It's probably only about 1000 people in that corner, however it shows what can be done with a bit of organisation.

16. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

I was just wondering does anyone know if August 8th has actually been confirmed as the first day of next season please?

17. noodge74

noodge74
    Expand Collapse

18. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

19. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

1. Jones Gone
    2. Johnson Gone
    3. Enrique (more than likely)
    4. Toure (more than likely)
    6. Lovren
    7. ?
    8. Gerrard Gone
    9. Lambert (more than likely)
    10. Coutinho
    11. ?

Another big summer ahead and was just thinking the numbers 7,8,9 & 11 among others(ABOVE) are going to be available this summer. Big players have worn these jersey's over the years and in less than 2 weeks time they'll all need to be filled again.

20. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

This may seem like a trivial one but it bothers me each time I see it. Have or can the club get some proper black armbands when it wants to respect an occassion or person. I think it is disrespectful and thoughtless just to put a bit of insulation tape around one's arm. Recently in the Newcastle game I saw some Newcastle players wearing proper armbands. So why can't Liverpool. I did think it was a directive from the league. But obviously it's not.