This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Niall, Aug 31, 2017.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Injury is a big concern of mine, the rest I don't really care too much about. I think Klopp identified the raw materials and believes there's a player there with a little bit of work. I've always had the feeling that players at Arsenal can just completely lose interest for whatever reason and hopefully this guy has a new lease of life with us.

Stevie S likes this.
  2. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I always think Arsenal turn their players into softies, especially mentally. Sanchez joined them as a warrior and now he's a butterfly. Whether they can change after leaving the club is a different story, one we're about to get the answer too.

3. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I dont pal,sorry and the reason I say apparently is because I didn't understand a lot of the info I was reading to be honest.There was stuff about his ability to transition through zones,expected chances created per 90 depending on position played,even a graph that looks like a spiderweb.Somebody had worked out that he was Arsenal's 3rd most effective player.Id be pretty sure some form of statistical analysis was used by us to decide if he was worth signing or not,but I couldn't really say what that was mate.

4. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

@babbsnads I really confused by the bit about "transition through zones".
    What does this mean?

5. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Moving from defense into attack I assume but in fairness to Babbs he has already said that he didn't fully gather exactly what they meant in the article.

Mico and babbsnads like this.
  6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'd only be guessing mate

Mico likes this.
  7. Mico

Mico
    Expand Collapse

Yeah i wasnt trting to start a debate as i didnt fully grasp what it meant was all.

babbsnads likes this.
  8. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

9. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain arrived at Melwood for the first time on Wednesday morning to begin life as a Liverpool player - and our photographers were on hand to capture the new signing's day.

Having completed international commitments with England, the No.21 checked in at the club’s West Derby facility just before 10.30am, six days after completing his deadline-day transfer from Arsenal.

Oxlade-Chamberlain was greeted by his new teammates and Jürgen Klopp before popping into the canteen for a bite to eat. He'll undergo a session with the club’s medical team later this afternoon.

Stay with Liverpoolfc.com throughout Wednesday for more from the midfielder’s first day at LFC.

Exclusive LFC copyright images. Do not share or republish without authorisation.

Photos by Andrew Powell.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dub13 and ROCCO like this.
  10. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

He's ours now, let's get behind him and give him every opportunity to improve and Christ can we allow him a few games to bed in without writing him off as shite. No point in undermining our own. I'd say the majority of us have moved job at one point or another, wouldn't think anyone would appreciate being written off as shit after your first day.

babbsnads likes this.
  11. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Dub13 and babbsnads like this.
  12. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

The Klopp effect.

13. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Looks like he's not going to get it. The will to be proved right is so strong with some fans that they were probably hoping he'd be a disaster. He needs time to find his game again, think he'll prove a good signing in time.

(I feel like a cnut replying to my own comment)

14. RedArmagh

RedArmagh
    Expand Collapse

You are spot on though. While he didnt have a great game tonight its FAR too early to judge. It was his first start in a much changed side.
    The lad deserves a chance to settle

15. corkred

corkred
    Expand Collapse

Sorry but the way football has gone commercially etc. Dont think we will make money on Ox in shirt sales.

Think our financial controllers will have to look at that one on outlay paid out.

16. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Any proper LFC fan wouldnt want that for any LFC player. They'd want them to succeed first and foremost and wouldn't be idiotic enough to want them consigned to the scrap heap after only his first start. You get these so called fans at every club. They were the ones calling for Klopp to be sacked after Saturday or calling Robertson a shite player and not good enough already. We're worse to actually take any notice of them. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but when the opinions totally idiotic then best to just ignore and move on

17. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

I won't fly the flag for anyone else here, and I didn't call him shite, but I did indicate that I've serious concerns and don't have great confidence in him defending given he played regularly for the club that conceded the most goals last season ... does that qualify me for the group you are referring to ?

Getting back to Ox, he wasn't someone I wanted and I can't see why I would have him as a first team regular while others are fit and in form. He's got a lot to do to change my mind on that and I firmly believe that Klopp should have spent the money on a CB ahead of Ox, but perhaps a year from now I'll be eating humble pie for saying this (even though right now, I very much doubt that).

Tonight's game was an ideal opportunity for him to steal some of the spotlight, but few seem to think he achieved anything in that regard... I'm expecting Klopp will give him further opportunities, having brought him in he'll want to show people it was the right decision and also want to be fair to the player, having persuaded him to join us. Hopefully, Ox will come good for us.

18. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Nope as you haven't written him off already. Players need to be given more chance than 1 or 2 ganes and anyone with any cop on would give players enough time to settle in and evaluate after. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you when it comes to having concerns but after only a few games nobody can write him off. Especially as I think he's been more impressive than a lot of the other defenders so far this season.

19. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Oh please don't misunderstand me mate, I'm not far off... as soon as I saw we were signing a player from Hull with their defensive record, I began to fear the worst and to date, I've struggling to change that view any. The fact that Moreno is getting regular game time ahead of him is saying a hell of a lot (and I don't just mean in terms of who can run 200 meters faster :))

By January 2018, I will probably have seen enough of him play to know if that was intended to as compliment towards our new LB, or just a reference to how bad the rest of our defensive players are ;)

Anyway, sorry back to Ox (again :D) ....

20. dubit10

dubit10
    Expand Collapse

He's been judged on his career not just a few minutes on the pitch for us. You can't polish a turd.