This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Todays Matches Mark 4

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Dub13, Apr 15, 2018.

1. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Thats a bad challenge that, I'm punching in him in the face if he tries that on me.

babbsnads and vodkacolly like this.
  2. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

Was thinking I'd come down with an accidental elbow or headbutt as I fell.
    But nothing wrong with an old school punch to the face too.

babbsnads likes this.
  3. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Utd absolute pish again. Did know what result I wanted at the wkd when they play the bitters but I think I want utd to win to keep ole in the job

£6.50 likes this.
  4. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

100% United win. Ole have shown that with the United players he has, he can get the team playing ok on the break in big games but in run of mill games they are shocking

5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

That first goal Man U conceded was incredible. I know we all exaggerate sometimes and say things like you wouldn't see defending like that in an U13's match,but it's genuinely not an exaggeration here. Never seen anything like it.

Irishkop96 and Beano87 like this.
  6. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

When the ball was played, my first thought honestly was - Jeez that cameraman is showing a pisspoor angle.....cant even see the Utd defenders....

and then the reason became clear - they just werent there - ANY of them.

I'd have to disagree with you Babbs - U13's can (sometimes) be counted on to remember if they are playing in Def, or at least midfield.

It was like watching under 7's on a beach. Kick ball....everyone chase ball...last man backs fly goalie.

7. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Wow just seen that goal, I had read it was shite defending but these things are usually exaggerated. That was unforgivable, the goalkeeper can't allow that to happen, the bench can't sit there and allow that to happen, Matic can't accept being abandoned like that. That's a 90th minute goal when you're chasing an equaliser.

Irishkop96 likes this.
  8. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

Lennon under serious pressure now after another bad result tonight.

9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Roy Keane trends on Twitter now when Man U lose,even when he's not even on TV but every time he's on TV you get more and more insight into why he was a shite manager. He's not insightful,even when he's right he's not saying anything the average football fan doesn't already know,so he must have sounded even more basic to professional footballers. But his biggest problem imo as a manager and definitely as a pundit,is that he's consistently analysing things on how he thinks they should be,rather than the reality of how they actually are. Souness did an interview yesterday saying he walked away from management because he couldn't deal with modern footballers attitudes,honest and understandable for a man with his personality,he realised that it wasn't changing and he couldn't manage anymore. But Keane still sitting in that chair and absolving Solksjaer for his teams performances because modern players aren't what he thinks they should be,is his version of Principal Skinners "are the kids wrong or is it me?" ,and he's come to the same conclusion as Skinner,it's the kids that are wrong. Thats why he's not a good manager and why he's a poor pundit,or at least he is when it comes to insight because he's very good television.

10. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

He's a shite manager because he can't manage people. That doesn't make him wrong in what he's saying. Tactics have evolved massively in the time since he stopped playing and he's been left behind in that but the basic facts haven't changed. Football is still a simple game, if 2 evenly matched sides play each 9 times out of 10 that team that works harder will win.

He is watching a Man Utd team that are a disgrace, Lake Shaw's strolling around the park with his fat arse waddling infuriates me and I hate Utd. Martial standing around like a hatcher is another one, then you have Pogba who manages to make those 2 look like Dirk Kuyt. Solksjaer is in miles over his head but that doesn't give the players free reign to phone it in every 2nd week.

11. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I'm not saying he's wrong that some of those players attitudes aren't a disgrace Bob or that he's wrong when he says that. I'm saying he's wrong to think the attitude of the players that take the pitch isn't also the managers responsibility,and so is providing the structure,environment and belief in what they're doing that helps a team stay motivated and the squads morale stay high.

12. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

I don't believe he truly does. Deflection tactics at play here as OGS is a former teammate and a good friend of his. Swap Ole with say Lampard or Gerrard and he'd be rightly slaughtering them weekly and saying they're not good enough for the job.

13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think he does feel players shouldn't need motivating and there should be no blame on managers for individual performances,and in a way he's right but the fact is players do need motivating,and I think he gives managers a pass on things like that because he wasn't good at it. He also denies managers praise for things he wasn't good at,like with Arteta last week.

14. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Happy enough for United to win this. Busts the blues bubble and keeps Ole in the job another few weeks

15. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

In a lot of cases probably but on this occasion I think he obsolves all blame from Ole's door because of their friemdship. As stated if Lampard or Gerrard were managing Utd, spent as much and were playing as shit no way would he not be laying into them on a weekly basis.

16. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

According to Sky:Bruno Fernandes was stupendous, Harry Maguire a colossus and Luke Shaw got his first assist since April 2019. Things are loolimg up

It's also a top flight equalling 7th successive away win for Utd, joining Fergusons team from 1993 season.
    No crises here, Ole's at the wheel man, put another contract in front of him amd let him write down whatever he wants on it :)

17. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

That should be 4 league defeats on the trot for the ev but the lad doing var in the Derby fcuked it up.

18. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Ole was fairly feisty in that interview after the game. Trying to create a siege mentality against them I thought.

19. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Again I don't think he's totally wrong here. If the players need the manager to motivate them then their probably the wrong players in the first place. The great managers will get the maximum from their players, that's why they're great managers but even the best can't get it if its not in the players.

20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think we're more or less on the same page Bob. I'm not trying to absolve players of their responsibilities and some players will let any manager down,which is why managers who have proven they keep squads highly motivated choose their players carefully and don't keep ones who let them down with their attitude. But if you're there as long as Solksjaer is,they're your players and no matter how you slice it,the attitude of the squad is now his responsibility. When Keane says no player should need their manager to motivate them,he's probably not wrong, but some players do,in every squad. Its not simply a case of man management either,its the whole package. Klopp is a charismatic guy and obviously a great man manager,but that alone is not enough. The players wouldn't stay motivated if he didn't walk the walk,and if they didn't believe in his methods and tactics,and didn't know without doubt that what he's asking them to do was the best way to get results. There's players in our squad who'd be getting accused of not caring enough if they were in the ManU squad,because Solksjaer falls down on all those things. My point is Keane being right that players shouldn't need motivating is irrelevant,because modern football is a world where some do and any manager who can't understand that,will never be successful because he'll never have a squad where some players don't need to be managed in that way. Ferguson knew it and Roy Keane might not have needed to be motivated by his manager,but he needed to be managed in other ways to get the best from him. It was probably Fergusons biggest strength.

bobby benitez likes this.