This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The Trump Presidency

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Dub13, Sep 22, 2016.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Going to be chaotic no matter what.

2. twixfix

twixfix
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully himself and the republican party go to war with each other and destroy each other.

3. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

They should have buried him when they had the chance after the Capitol riots,now there's very little chance he doesn't make things harder for the new golden boy DeSantis. It's satisfying to watch them stuck in the big cowardly hole they've dug for themselves, and they've no idea how to get out of it. The Democrats must be caught in two minds on whether they want Trump to get convicted for some of his many crimes as they can see what an asset he's become for them.

4. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

This is beyond class shenigans :D

mushypea likes this.
  5. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

At this point in his presidency , biden is the least popular president in polling history apart from Jimmy Carter, can't help but think if that was the Donald we'd all know about it.

6. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I reckon every president from here in will poll similarly. Everyone hates each other now, can't see that changing.

FYI the idea of a chap in 90s being president is insane.

7. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

What's this DeSantos fella like?
    I don't follow it closely but he seems to be a hardline Republican with more brains and less baggage than Trump.
    I'm not sure if the latter part is a good thing or not.

8. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Biden is old but he is 80 now, even if he were to win, he'd complete his second term by 85 and he can't run a third time. So there will be no president in his 90s.

De Santis seems to be running as the anti-woke candidate. Says Florida is where woke goes to die. They've been steadily getting more and more divided ever since 9/11, but I think we have finally gotten to the first 100% culture war election campaign.

Could genuinely see another civil war there in our lifetime. Too many right wing candidates are prepared to say things they know are inciting the wrong kind of people. And they are eroding the willingness to accept anything but a win with each election campaign. If things go tits up, there'll only be one winner as the fascists have all the guns.

mushypea likes this.
  9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Agree with all this. The riots on the Capitol were something unimaginable in the 00s. The greatest threat to America is not from the Middle East, Russia and China, it’s from within its own country. There is very little middle ground anymore. The
    Media in particular created this and Republicans know how to exploit it. Just a hunch but I think the rivals for republican nomination could take each other out.

10. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

If the US self destructs and there's a civil war, who's going to keep China, Russia, N Korea and all their other enemies in check?
    Like it or not, team America is the world police.
    Fuck yeah!

11. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

I enjoy listening to dunphy's podcast but jaysus he's channelling fine gael and their need to include Sinn Fein in everything the way he's going with trump, he's the devil incarnate and it will be absolute Armageddon if he gets back behind the wheel.
    Joe is a great president by the way and doing a great job but it appears he's still on the ropes.
    He does his best to shoehorn trump in to most of his pods now.

12. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I find that with most pods no matter who it is. Most people have issues they'll talk about all the time and points they will always end up back at. That's why I never stick with those kinds of podcasts.

13. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

On Nato countries paying their due's....

'You didn't pay? You're delinquent?'... 'No I would not protect you, in fact I would encourage them (Russia) to do whatever they want. You gotta pay.'"

Say's the man man who literally avoids paying his dues. And they lap it up. It's a fucked up world.

babbsnads likes this.
  14. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Sleepy Joe's problems slipping nicely under the radar. ;)

15. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Not really. He's being hammered for his cognitive lapses,including in a report by a special prosecutor. He's being attacked worldwide for funding and arming a genocide and conversations are happening among Democrats about the possibility of getting somebody else onto the ballot instead of him.

I think when a man who has a really good chance of replacing Biden,encourages Russia to attack America's NATO allies,it will be major news whether Biden is under the microscope or not.

16. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

And people still pretend he's not Putins puppet. It's crazy when you think about it, but ar one point the maniac dictator of Russia, had the leaders of the US and the UK in his pocket

mushypea likes this.
  17. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure puppet describes the situation that accurately, if it possible to be to stupid to be a puppet then thats were i reckon we are. I think he just admires him and is dead jealous of the power he has. Putin plays and had played him like a fiddle, Putin will help him make decisions but actually leave the decision making up to Trump. I can't see any situation where he is taking orders or is being blackmailed. If there was anything sinister going on he would have just nuked Russia first time around.

18. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

All the Democrats actually need is someone who can call his bullshit, bullshit and highlight his links to Putin and its game on.

If they choose to stand by Biden then they hand the keys back over to that pig if he stays out of jail. I feel sorry for the average voters over there who just wants better options.

babbsnads likes this.
  19. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

It speaks volumes for the state of the nation that out of 250 million adults, the best they can come up with to hold the position of the world's most powerful leader is someone with minimal political experience and a failed businessman/sex offender/traitor and all-round gobshite of the highest order.
    And the other guy is so old there is serious concern about a decline in his mental state and also concern that he might pop his clogs during the next presidential term.
    It's also ironic that Trump is saying Biden is too old for the job.
    When the next term begins, Trump will be older than Biden was when he became president.

babbsnads likes this.
  20. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Seen some female Republican politician saying live on Sky for David Cameron to kiss her ass and slammed a door right in face of the interviewer. The interviewer was asking about how Cameron mentioned Hitler when talking about their views on Russia.
    This US election is going to be some car crash. It seems unimaginable that Trump could get back in but at the moment he is even money favourite.

After the shooting in Kansas I saw that there has been 48 mass shootings in US already this year. A mass shooting is where at least 4 people have been shot in one incident excluding the shooter(s). Biden put a tweet out about it and my god you only have to look at the 10000s of replies to understand the mentality. Basically criminals kill people, not the guns…