This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

What really grinds your gears.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Maverick, Apr 27, 2011.

1. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Super sports is my go-to channel now for matches, Tony Adams and Tim Sherwood last night but sure what can ye do.
    He wasn't asked to elaborate last night but Tony Adams reckons Liverpool won't win the league this year, would've liked to hear his reasons why.

2. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

I suppose Premier sports was Kenny Cunningham?
    Hes another one that does my head in. He uses the phrase "in my day" 20 times a broadcast.

You'd swear he was around in the Billy Bremmer and Chopper Harris days. Nobody knows how to defend/play midfield according to him. I swear hes turning into Johnny Giles more and more every time I see him

Beano87 likes this.
  3. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Does me head in when pundits and commentators call 2 lads running after a ball a "foot race."
    What the fcuk else kind of race is it?

4. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Jesus what a combination with those two. Hate when Chris Sutton is on too.
    I used to love listening to Alan Green on 5live, pity he's never on the TV. I like listening to the chap who does the Scottish football on Sky too.

5. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

I think his main reasoning was VVD being out.

6. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Kenny Cunningham loves laughing at his own wise cracks. He is a terrible co commentator. Not bad in the studio

7. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Try installing the HotMic app, from Google Play...

The lads from The Anfield Wrap do commentry for all of the games live, on it.

You sometimes need to pause the game, to let them catch up on what you are watching, but it's never far behind.

Roll on 19 likes this.
  8. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

While we're on things shouted at a match that do your head in....

The keeper roaring "AWAY" every time a corner or cross comes into the box

Often wondered what the defenders were thinking at that moment....."No actually keeper, I was giving some serious thought to planting a cracker of an own goal header in the bottom left corner just for the sake of variety"

liverpool4life and Skintown Red like this.
  9. Beano87

Beano87
    Expand Collapse

Hes very annoying. All game against ajax on rte 2 he was calling Neco Williams neck-o Williams, drove me nuts

Skintown Red likes this.
  10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

3 punctures in the last 4 weeks. The latest one was from a screw so big that it couldn't be mended,needed a new tyre. Had planned on buying 2 new tyres this week anyway,the front 2 need replacing. So obviously it was one of the rear 2 that got fucked with this puncture.

11. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Got away for 2 nights with the missus the other week. Got sorted in the b&b and then headed back to town for dinner. Back left tyre went on drive in, it started to rain (it hadn't rained in about 6 months!), got spare on, drove a 100 yds and spare blew out!!

Only we knew the owners of the B&B who had a similar vehicle as us and lent us their spare we would've been royally fooked! Went into the tyre place the next morning to get it both replaced. The fella says 'We only sell them in sets of 4' (cost about $750!!) I was like the front 2 are not even 6 months old, so left and went to a shady wee mexcian ran place...he took one look at the tyre, fixed it and charged me 20 bucks!!

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

This month alone following things have gone in the house
    - Microwave
    - Printer
    - Dryer
    - Pump in Hot Press

Shit ain’t built to last these days and it’s not worth getting it fixed as it costs almost as much as getting a replacement.

Garrett and babbsnads like this.
  13. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

That's rough going mate,

Usually comes in batches of three, for me.

14. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

Government covid rules or center parc covid rules!:rolleyes:
    Treated the kids & herself to a few days in center parcs in Longford.
    Booked the Santa workshop experience & photo op.
    Turn up for it & were informed that only 4 could meet Santa for photo op, so either my wife or me & the 3 kids! Got the " sorry its covid policy blah blah"
    Now if it was a numbers thing in a closed room I might have said with resentment, "ok", but Santa is behind a glass wall !!!! So one of us had to stand out of the photo litterly 5 foot away! No amount of pleading, " were from the same family"..."how can ye leave out one of us" ..."gwan it's just for a few seconds for photo"....a resounding NO !
    For the love of God where has common sense gone:(:mad:

Aside from that nonsense center parcs is an amazing spot !....like another country! Would deffo recommend.
    Restaurants are not that expensive either if your on a short stay...lodges are extremely cosy & all kitted out...

15. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

That's peak capitalism Gary, you're right, shit is literally not built to last, so that people will have to buy more!

16. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

If he's behind glass and your family is all the one bubble, that just seems madness alright, particularly for a couple of seconds for a photo.

17. Dzer2

Dzer2
    Expand Collapse

Said it here a long time ago.

Second generation gibshites raising pure bred gobshites now.

No one can think for themselves any more

18. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Online deliveries.

In last 6 weeks ordered stuff from Curry’s, JD Sports and Harvey Norman. Mainly for the kids. A lot of hassle with each of them. Orders seemingly lost, click and collect but turns out no stock etc. On help chat and phones for hours and they haven’t a scooby what is happening due to Brexit, Covid, every excuse under the sun.

Been reluctant to use Amazon that much as good to support business with a footprint in Ireland but when you order with them, you get it early rather than all this messing. Need something for one of the kids in a hurry so ordered on Amazon on Saturday and it arrives this morning. Ordered a click and collect from Harvey Norman last Monday and still waiting for email to come and collect it.

During this whole mess, never once had an issue with an Amazon order whereas for retailers based in Ireland, rarely had an order that was hassle free.

Moral of the story it’s easy to see why this Besos guy is minted to the extreme.

EDIT: In the 30 mins since I posted this I got a confirmation to on to collect from Harvey and an update on a JD order. That is weird :D

#3938 GaryMc, Feb 15, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    Stevie S likes this.
  19. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

JD Sports I will never ever use again. Shocking hassle I had with them and their customer service was terrible.

I'll be keeping it Irish from now on.

20. red2005

red2005
    Expand Collapse

Was staying clear of Amazon myself as was worried that there would be to much hassle. Great to know it was quick.