This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

What really grinds your gears.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Maverick, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Maverick

Maverick
    Expand Collapse

Seeing elvis' post on people clapping when an airplane lands I decided to start this thread to see what pisses people off or as Peter griffin says grinds my gears :)

What annoys me is a common one,people driving slow in the fast lane,does my head in I swear and people who walk around using Bluetooth headsets outside of the car:)

Thoughts?

2. PaddyW

PaddyW
    Expand Collapse

People repeating exactly what I just said to them on the phone, back to me and then adding a 'yeah' right at the end. Or when they ask if we're open on a Saturday and I say no and they say 'so you're not open?'. Grrrrrrr

3. DanielSwagger89

DanielSwagger89
    Expand Collapse

Bad manners. Just when people don't say please or thanks. Doesn't kill ya to do it, just common decency.

4. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

The in laws coming around during a football game they have all day to come over but always wait to kick off then the missus come in and says 'me ma is here' I feel like grabing her ma and shout 'come at a decent time you bitch' ok rant over:D

5. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse

Not letting people enter the line of traffic from a side road even when it's bumper to bumper. Moving up to the next car's bumper just in case someone can edge out. Like that's going to get them so far closer to where they want to go. Women, I'm looking at you for this one. How the hell do they think they ever get out in traffic without someone letting them out?

6. jaza

jaza
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

The missus ringing me when Im asleep. Its like she waits until im asleep and the phone rings. The bitch.

7. MutantNinjaSkrtel

MutantNinjaSkrtel
    Expand Collapse
    In Raga We Trust

When you wait a few seconds holding the door open for someone and they don't even acknowledge you.

Bouncers.

Nosey neighbours/gossiping oul wans.

8. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

6 posts in this thread and half are women related

9. jaza

jaza
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

People who dont say goodbye at the end of a call.

10. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

When glen posts in the "todays matches" thread and jinxs everyones bets ;)

When I'm driving the Micra in the fast lane, and some cnut in a beemer/merc/jeep speeds and goes up my arse, so I move out of the way, he then goes past, and pulls in front of me and drops down below the speed limit.... Why like????

I'll get at this thread later after work, I have a few good ones,.

11. Benbecul97

Benbecul97
    Expand Collapse

Depends on the attitude of the people trying to merge from the side road.
    If they look at you and look to be let in then I let them in.
    If they don't and they try to barge in then I don't let them in - even if I'm going no place myself.

Not obeying road markings - the council went to the trouble of painting them onto the road...they are there for a reason...so use them!

12. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

Bad service in a shop - i mean if you are at the counter handing over cash, the last thing you want to hear is that person going on about what they done the weekend

Roundabouts - an overwhelmingly high % of people have no idea how to drive on roundabouts. There are rules to be obeyed on indicators and changing lanes, its not up to the driver

Bandwagoners - no matter what the sport, they always come out of the woodwork once a team does well. No problem with people not being very active in supporting a team/ person but to just go to latter stages of comp annoys me (eg) Leinster, never knew was so many fans in Dublin until the 1/4 final in Heineken cup - i mean id love any Irish team to do well, i like rugby but not a game goer - down the local and everyone suddenly is discussing the tactics Leinster use when they cant name their starting 15

Ill be back with more....

13. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Or people who say good bye to much before they hang up bye bye bye bye does my head in just hang the fcuk up

14. Sim Sala Bim

Sim Sala Bim
    Expand Collapse

People that think the capital city of their country is the only city in the country and nothing outside that city exits.
    "Anyone going into town tonight ?" which town ? we only have about 5000 of them

15. stevieg

stevieg
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

When your in a shop looking around and an assistant comes up to you asking "are you alright, need any help" - it really irritates me. If I need their help I will ask for it - I have walked out of shops because of it.

16. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Me too, I can't stand it, It always happens in Next. I let her have it one day, your man walks up "are you ok? do you need any help" after I just got down the escalator not even a chance to look. I turned around and went back up it after saying "im fine, thanks" I then got asked by a manager "is everything ok? may I please ask why you are leaving?" and I let rip about the way they always approach people, its really annoying and intimidating, especially for lads,. She looked alittle shocked, but said she'll discuss it with head office, hasn't changed anything,.

17. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Theres a road where it merges from 2 lanes to 1 lane, just before the beehive in wicklow, and everyone slows down and q's up for ages in the left lane and waits their turn, but a lot of arseholes, just drive the whole way down on the right and then try and barge in right at the end, and some get annoyed when they then have to wait a minute or 2 after everyone else waited nearly 20-30 mins,. :mad:

18. Malzheimer

Malzheimer
    Expand Collapse

The flip flops and jeans combo.

Bandwaggon sports fans.

Women and their questions be it mothers, sisters, mates or other half's. Fuc.k off ya nosy bitch if it's important I'll tell ya.

19. torrard89

torrard89
    Expand Collapse

Hahaha cheer up Eric, is there anything that doesn't grind your gears

20. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I'm not easily annoyed but Trevor Welch does my fcuking nut in. He got Scalke's 2 centre backs mixed up twice last night. One is stocky and black and the other is skinny and white:mad:

Scabby people annoy me too.