This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Ryanair’s “Always Getting Better” programme.

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Dub13, Mar 4, 2015.

1. MarkyMark

MarkyMark
    Expand Collapse

Any hotel recommendations for Liverpool guys?

2. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

Just with the new Ryanair boarding pass saga. What happen if you don’t present to get a boarding pass 2 hours prior.
    And did everyone who was over yesterday get stung with it.

3. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

Not everyone got stung but most did, certainly for coming back. One of the lads didn't buy a seat and his boarding card still came up on his phone and said seat allocation at gate. So he didn't que in airport or anything for a boarding pass.

diceyreilly likes this.
  4. cantish

cantish
    Expand Collapse

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67613343

Article on it here. Very confusing to be honest, Ryanair are denying it.

It says in that piece that 'One traveller said that staff at the airport check-in desk told them the new policy was only for the last 20 passengers checking in for the flight, and the charge had been introduced in the past few days'.

5. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

All of the Premier Inns are well located and always comfortable. Pay extra for the breakfast, it's worth it.

6. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

Checked in for the flight in the morning there and all sound no charge.

diceyreilly likes this.
  7. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Ryanair app won't allow me check in my daughter for return trip from UK. Says she needs to be under 12. I'm guessing I booked her as a child. Anyone experienced this before? She is 12.

8. Heraldo

Heraldo
    Expand Collapse

Didn't have that problem but I did have a problem checking in when the seats we bought had disappeared because they changed to a bigger plane. Get on to them ASAP as I found their customer service slow and it's stress you don't need before travelling. I can't remember if the Bot/Chat was best but you have to be prepared to sit and wait a while for them to respond.
    Good luck

bobby benitez likes this.
  9. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Got sorted over the phone, took an hour. Ryanair threat 12 year olds as teenagers, weirdly they didn't for the outbound side.

10. walterwhite

walterwhite
    Expand Collapse

I had this happen before, my fault I didn't know you had to select the category when booking flights and booked everyone as adult but they changed it up quickly and free of charge on the chat on the site

See you got sorted thats good

11. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

My missus just got stung for 45e for her carry on bag, I told her to take the stuff out of it and leave it there but she wouldn't.
    Shower of cnuts. :mad:

12. walterwhite

walterwhite
    Expand Collapse

Had me at the stile thing one time putting my bag in on its side then turn it to go length way then back to its side, tried everything to see could they make it not fit, was a large bag but I'd very little in it so it just squashed down into the space each time. I did get a little annoyed though saying turning it upside down isn't going to change the size of the bag

#572 walterwhite, Jan 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
  13. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Changed the boarding gate too without announcing anything, only I copped it on my phone we would've missed the flight.

14. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I stay back to the end now, when they start to become under pressure they stop this shit. Another thing I have in the armour that I haven't used is a thing I seen a yank doing before. They tried to charge her hand luggage and she was obviously in a point in her life where she wasn't taking it anymore. She told them she wasn't getting on the plane and she wanted her main bag taken off the plane. That proper put the shits up them, the idea of delaying the plane for €40 hit home and they began begging her to get on the plane. Obviously if you don't have a bag you need to start blagging.

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  15. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

We were right at the back, another lad came along with a similar bag and got through. Didn't want to throw him under the bus so waited till he got through and then I said it to one of the staff. He said he had priority boarding but there's no way he could've known that, a different girl let the lad through.
    Couldn't be arsed arguing with him

16. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Aer lingus on the way back, absolutely no problem with the exact same bag.

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  17. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Happened me last month, also fined €46. Dublin airport. First time ever they fined me and I must have taken the same bag through 50+ times.

Also went through the rigamole of trying to get it to fit into the blue rack measurement frame at the gate, but after 10 seconds they told me it wasn't going to fit and wanted my card details to charge me. I kept trying to get the bag to fit in but they told me they would close the gate and wanted my card details.

I was one of the last to board and the plane was full. I would also have thought they wouldn't bother fining/causing this issue at the end of boarding, in a rush to get everyone boarded and plane off, but no such luck.

Was pissed off at the time but even with a €46 fine, I've hundreds of euro saved over the years by not paying for the bag. I'm still in credit ;)

18. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

almighty delay on the 18.55 JLA back home last night, we missed out o a few quid by about 25 mins

Carlsburger and Joe Higgins like this.
  19. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Just booked a flight and it's showing in the Ryanair app with a reference number but I haven't got a confirmation email, does that mean the flight is not confirmed?
    Don't remember it ever happening before.

20. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Never happened me but if you have the reference number it should be alright. Worthwhile contacting Ryanair now to make sure.