This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Jordan Henderson

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Ron1892, Aug 3, 2011.

1. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Gini was 30, had 2, possible 3 very good years in him. He is a more robust player than Hendo and still the club thought he wasn't worth what he thought he was. They probably let Gini go with this very scenario in mind, Henderson, Virgil, Salah and others will approaching ages where their best days are behind them. Arsenal let Ozil, Sanchez and Aubameyang told them over a barrel, FSG and Klopp won't allow that. Captain or not he will be offered an extension on terms the club feel suits his role, Henderson will no doubt feel it isn't fair and they will probably meet somewhere in the middle. If they can't he will move on as a 33 year old like hundreds of players before him. Next stop would probably be Sunderland or America, it won't be to a top club.

2. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

All valid mate but again there's no denying a backlash. It'll be warranted too imo. I have my doubts Henderson and his agent are holding the club to ransom. If he sees himself at the club into his mid 30s and the club view him as a player who can still contribute then let common sense prevail.

BallyfermotReds likes this.
  3. BallyfermotReds

BallyfermotReds
    Expand Collapse

The talk is the club don't want to lose him in 2 years for free and would be open to selling him. That would be a travesty imo

4. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Dissapointing it was leaked solely as it is the club captain. To me, their must be some exceptions. Tie your captain down ffs. He's earned it. 2 Years time could see Henderson and Klopp walking out the door.