This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Jordan Henderson

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Ron1892, Aug 3, 2011.

1. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

Think I might give the England games in the euros a miss. I can’t see myself wanting them to lose with him on the pitch.
    Can’t think of too many more likeable players that ever played for us.

2. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Never had any affinity with any of our players when they play for England, easy for me to separate the club player vs the country player
    Saying that I hope they lose all three games in the group

Brendinho, vodkacolly and diceyreilly like this.
  3. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

At the time I was going mad he was overlooked to be England captain. Once I thought about it clearky I came around to the thinking it was for the best

4. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

That was a lovely tribute to Hendo, there's something so endearing about Geordies and folk from that part of the country, I've a few pals up that part of the world and I've always loved the people there, genuine salt of the earth people!

I actually don't mind how England do in the tournament to be honest, this England team in particular isn't too hateful to me, none of the players really bother me too much so I can happily hope to see Hendo and TAA doing well without getting too bothered about it.

5. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Same, doesn't bother me like it might have done 20 years ago. I have no problem with the team. If the england fans start acting like yobs though, that's another story.

6. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I hope they go far in the tournament. I'd probably prefer if they didn't win it because of their media, but they're the team I have the most interest in at the tournament and I'd like to keep that interest going. Although I'm pretty sure Jordan Henderson wouldn't appreciate being referred to as a Geordie :)

7. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

He fell into the "folk from that part of the country" cohort!

8. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

I hope england go far, it'll be good to see the 2 Irish lads in the team do well.

£6.50 likes this.
  9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I hope they get walloped in every game, Pickford drops a clanger or 3. Wasn’t bothered last World Cup but More now than ever with a not insignificant minority booing their own players, I’d hate to see them do well.

robbie st leger likes this.
  10. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

I don't think that England will win it but I don't get the ill will towards them. Particulary from people who devote so much energy and money to an english football team. Who often play LFC players.

I have english in-laws and my experience generally is that english people like the Irish and always wish us well.

11. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

I can only speak for myself and it’s partially about the hundreds of years of oppression and a general hatred for their superiority complex so on that count hears hoping for a 5-0 hammering by Croatia to shut them up

12. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Tell us what you really think Robbie ;)

Irishkop96 likes this.
  13. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Scouse Not English mate. And who are we to argue.

14. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Forgetting all the history between Ireland and England and even putting all that aside, I still don't want England to do well, as I'm sure they'd hate to see Ireland win a tournament. It's akin to us as Liverpool fans wishing for Everton or United to do well in Europe because they are our neighbours and we know people from there, but that's exactly why there's a rivalry, as humans we're competitive by nature, England, Scotland, Wales and NI are our closest neighbours and thus our closest rivals. We still hear on a near daily basis about the boys of '66 and we don't even live in England. If they win the Euros they'd have everything ruined, couldn't buy the papers, turn on the news, listen to the radio, use social media etc. I imagine that's how other fans feel about us as when we win something we seem to take over and be everywhere, great because we're a part of it, but none of us want to see that from our rivals. I still want to see Liverpool players do well, so if they are to win it then it's great for Hendo and I'll be happy for him.