This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

United Home 25/10/09

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by GaryMc, Oct 20, 2009.

1. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

sound i cant see anything comin up ill try again.

2. No Name

No Name
    Expand Collapse

on the phones Ian!

3. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Phones only.

4. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

alri cheers. i taught was online. try now.

5. justydawson

justydawson
    Expand Collapse
    One & Only

The only thing I would add to Gerry's post here is I agree with him completly (thats a change isnt it Gerry :rolleyes:)

Only thing to add is - A Draw and I'm happy, a win and Im Bouncing! :D

6. Podgecheco

Podgecheco
    Expand Collapse

Think about it lads, all the stick wel be getting off the mancs this week, ready to hammer us on sunday...oh god that victory is gonna be sweeter than the 4 1 last year...come on the redmen show them what liverpool is all about, down but were not out

7. justydawson

justydawson
    Expand Collapse
    One & Only

Ok Im repeat posting this since I believe its highly important. the yank twats are gonna be at the game.

Tom Hicks and George Gillett are, according to our sources, planning to attend this Sunday's game against Manchester United at Anfield. Being the massive football (soccer?) fans that they are, they couldn't afford to miss a big game such as this. They don't have to afford the trip, as no doubt a claim for expenses will soon be submitted to LFC for the cost of their stay. This is an opportunity we can't afford to miss.

Whilst their arrival will no doubt bring with it fresh speculation, about rifts and friendships, sales and investment, we have to make ourselves heard. We have to tell them, and the watching world, that quite simply, they aren't welcome here. Broken promise after broken promise, lie after lie, has become too much for fans to accept from these "custodians" who, quite frankly, don’t know the meaning of the word. It's time for Tom Hicks and George Gillett to get the message, sell the club (all of it) and leave, allowing us to finally move forward from this sorry mess.

We urge everyone who cares about Liverpool Football Club, whether going to the match or not, to make their voices heard. Firstly, tell Tom Hicks yourself. Email him at thicks@hicksholdings.com telling him why he's not 't welcome here. If you need some pointers on what to say, this is what Spirit Of Shankly has sent to them:

Dear Tom/George

You’ve been at our club for over two and a half years now. And in that time what have you achieved? Very little, other than a lot of hatred from fans, and a number of all expenses paid trips to Liverpool to watch that strange game called soccer. Please excuse the tone, but to be honest, it has gone past the point of us fans really caring what you think anymore.

All we care about is our football club, our history and traditions, and our future. To us, you play no part in that future – especially not if we want to be successful and keep moving forward. You will leave a black mark on the history of our football club. You have dragged us back, and this season, you have made us stand still, whilst other clubs move forward. The broken promises and repeated lies have caused anger, and there is nothing you can do to change that. You can claim all you like that the media make things up, but they didn’t make the debt up, they didn’t say they would put a spade in the ground in 60 days, and they didn't say that they would back the manager – You did. The pair of you don’t get on, and you can’t even lie without contradicting yourselves.

So do one thing for us fans. Leave. Sell the club, clear the debt, take the profit and go away. Because you, or your fellow “custodian” are not welcome here anymore!

Spirit Of Shankly

There will be a march taking place prior to Sunday's game. Meeting on Sunday at Noon outside the LFC Supporters Club on Lower Breck Road, it is a perfect opportunity for all of us, to stand as one, and speak as one, with one clear message - Tom and George, You're Not Welcome Here!

8. Phil!

Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

On a poor run no doubt about that but what better way to come out of it fighting than beating scum!!! We need to get behind the team and we can do it!! Would stick With the same defence as last night

Reina
    Kelly Agger Carra Insua

Unless Johnson is back in that case would start him!
    Aqualani playing for the reserves tonight so hopefully he can be on the bench on Sunday but think will be starting with Mach and Lucas again

Macherano Lucas

Difficult to say what the rest of the team will be if Gerrard and Torres were to be back would think it would be

Kuyt Gerrard Yossi
    Torres​

But as that looks unlikely I would like to see Babel start but dont think rafa will, would like to see

Kuyt Yossi Aurelio
    Babel

But can see Rafa starting

Kuyt Yossi Aurelio
    Ngog

No matter what team is played tough we need 110% committment and effort and passion from the lads and we can win!! Anfield will be hoppin on Sunday we can take the scum!!

9. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

From Times Online
    October 21, 2009

Rafael Benitez cannot be blamed for crisis at Anfield, says Tony Barrett

Times Liverpool reporter delivers his verdict on the key issues facing Rafael Benitez and what is going wrong at Anfield. He talks to Ben Smith

How have Liverpool come to this point?

There is a growing feeling of despair that Liverpool's season is hanging by a thread and it is not even November. Everyone has their own view on who is to blame, whether that be Rafael Benitez, the players, or even the injury problems, but it was only a matter of time before the ongoing ownership saga off the pitch lead to a crisis on it.

With Manchester United arriving at Anfield on Sunday that has just brought everything to a head but at the moment the squad is clearly some way short of the standard required of a club that expect to be challenging for trophies.

Who is to blame for the current problems?

Primarily the owners, but Benitez and the players do have to take their share of the blame. The walls are closing in on the manager but it is not fair to rest the blame for this squarely with Benitez, not when his reign has been undermined by the continuing lack of stability in the boardroom.

George Gillett Jr was at Anfield last night to see a team that suddenly looks weak and vulnerable. Yes, Benitez could have done a better job in the transfer market and could have done a better job in motivating the players and getting the best out of them so far this season. But the lack of activity during the summer transfer window was as big a wasted opportunity as the club have had in many years.

After finishing second last year the hope was that there would have been investment in the playing staff to strengthen from good foundations. But the owners told Benitez to balance the books - he was only able to spend what he brought in and that has resulted in the squad lacking the strength and depth that it should have.

Manchester United would have been a big game regardless but the current problems have just raised the stakes still further. How big a game is this for Liverpool?

United is always a massive game for Liverpool regardless of form or league positions. It is the one game every season that the fans want to win more than any other.

Defeat on Sunday is unthinkable for most Liverpool fans but should it happen it would really set alarm bells ringing. Last season Liverpool beat United at Anfield without Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard but their form is so precarious this year that they will need to get at least some of their big guns on the pitch or they are not going to be able to compete.

United will, as Lyons did last night, smell blood and they will relish the opportunity to put Liverpool out of the title race and send the club into an even deeper crisis.

Benitez was booed for replacing Yossi Benayoun last night. Is there any hint he is losing support among the fans?

A result often changes the way people recall a game. When Liverpool were 1-0 up the Kop were singing his name and there is nothing new in the crowd showing their disapproval at a substitution at Anfield. If the crowd don't like it they will let you know about it and there have been quite a few occasions when that has happened in recent seasons.

Having said that, last night's booing was much more vociferous and was clear there was genuine anger being shown towards Benitez. Come Sunday the fans know the team will need all their support to have any chance of beating United. Liverpool are likely to be missing some key players and now is not the time to turn against the team or the manager.

Tom Hicks and Gillett are both likely to be at the ground so the crowd may well direct their anger towards them if things start to go against Liverpool. Throw Michael Owen's return to Anfield into the mix and it could be an even more volatile atmosphere than usual.

Are the owners still 100 per cent behind Benitez?

Their position has changed and they insist Benitez is still the man for the job. As we know from previous experience, often what Gillett and Hicks say is not what is going on the background. The problem for Benitez is that the men who are at the root cause of Liverpool’s problems are the ones that will decide his fate.

What would defeat against United mean at Anfield?

Winning the Premier League title this season is already the longest of long shots with so many big games to come and so many doubts surrounding the side.

Defeat by United would certainly put the final nail in the coffin of Liverpool's title hopes but I have a suspicion that Benitez, despite everything that is going on, will feel confident of defying the odds and getting a victory that could turn the tide.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article6883920.ece

10. stalker

stalker
    Expand Collapse

Who the **** are Man Utd
    Who the **** are Man Utd
    Who the **** are Man Utd
    They're a shower of dirty ****ing ****s

11. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Honest assessment.

12. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Lads we will do it on Sunday. We have our lucky charm Stevie Kehoe back!!!!!

13. stalker

stalker
    Expand Collapse

Correction

14. richie_lfc

richie_lfc
    Expand Collapse

Wish I could go to this, would love to get behind the lads. Hope there's a cracking show of support Sunday and we stuff them and get everything back on track. Come on you Redmen!

15. justydawson

justydawson
    Expand Collapse
    One & Only

Im sick to death of listening to Mancs in work today... hope we have something to sing about in the next couple of days and weeks.

Especially Champs League, Please God we dont suffer there also!

16. stalker

stalker
    Expand Collapse

This Old Man
    He Told me
    Man United are total Wanks
    With a Nick Nak Paddy whack
    Give fergie a gin
    Man United Can suck me hole

17. justydawson

justydawson
    Expand Collapse
    One & Only

not bad for a first attempt at song writing... !

18. stalker

stalker
    Expand Collapse

I say what I see.

19. clayton

clayton
    Expand Collapse

i am getting serious flak off my so called Man U pals, and it's doing my head in i must say (even though i don't show the frustration). but a Pool win on sunday (never mind the performance, a win will do) will go a long way i must say. it would be the perfect tonic, and will shut them up for a few more minutes at least.

20. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Liverpool defender Glen Johnson is confident he will be fit in time to face Manchester United this weekend.

"It is a lot better today, I think I will be alright for Sunday," Johnson told skysports.com.

"I think Nando might be alright for Sunday, but I am not too sure about Stevie," added Johnson.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_5642468,00.html