This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The "I'm off on me holliers" thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dub13, May 9, 2011.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

A good kids club can make or break a holiday. Some great deals to be had in Gran Canaria All Inclusive if your kids are not school age and you get in before school holidays.

2. BallyfermotReds

BallyfermotReds
    Expand Collapse

Clubmac in alcudia was excellent

3. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Anybody been to Berlin? Looking to stay in the most touristy part possible and would be handy to know when booking the hotel. Basically just where's most convenient for the main attractions. Thanks.

4. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

It's been a few years since I was there but my impression of Berlin was that there is no real centre where you have most things, there is a bit of moving around to different districts for different touristy things, be it checkpoint charly, the wall, the tv tower, the holocaust memorial, the brandenburg gate and parliament, etc. but it is very easy to get around with public transport. I was struck by how much open areas there are in the city too but I guess some of that is due to a good part of the city having been bombed out of existence.

babbsnads likes this.
  5. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Great city and transport as @Liverpool-law says is super. So much history, one of my favourite cities to visit. We stayed near Alexanderplatz. Went to a place called House of 100 beers on one of the afternoons. Had a few 14% beers, was an interesting journey back to the hotel in the middle of the day.

xRedmanLFCx and babbsnads like this.
  6. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Starting to look for next summer, flights seem to have gone up a good bit.

7. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

It's very noticeable, when you add bags in for a 4 piece you're lucky to get anywhere for less than a grand return.

8. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, soon ads up with a few kids as well.

9. Phil!

Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Have found the tracker on google flights to be great for getting a deal, have been tracking flights for Chicago for Paddys Day the last few months and they dropped to €250 return for 24 hours and managed to jump on when the notification email for the price change came through. Lowest I had seen them before that was around the €400 mark and they've been north of that since we booked.

GaryMc likes this.
  10. crumlin red

crumlin red
    Expand Collapse

Anybody been to any of these campsites in the south of France that they could recommend that is good for kids?

11. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Went to one last year just south of Bordeaux called Domaine la Rive and it was fantastic, not quite south of France admittedly. We booked through Eurocamp which saved us a few bob but their cabins (mobile home's) are pretty gritty, the ones that the site sell directly were much more modern and cleaner. Haven't seen how much of a price difference there is though to be fair.

A friend has done heaps of them and has mentioned Il De Rey near La Rochelle and swears by it and there's a few tucked down in the corner new the Spanish border just up from Estartit that are meant to be great. One of them is La Sirène.

crumlin red likes this.
  12. Dzer2

Dzer2
    Expand Collapse

Lac de 3 valees near Toulouse yellow village do kids club. Have entertainment for kids from 3 to 17 even organise night activities for the older ones over 14. Loads of Dutch and Belgium, few english scatter of Irish

crumlin red likes this.
  13. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

We have booked La Sirene for this July. flying in and out of Perpignan. have heard good things from neighbours but not been

booked direct, didn't see a marked difference to Eurocamp for an 8 day stay.
    Booked Confort 2 model, looked middle of the road facility wise from the options, no frills but all basics

14. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

Booked 11 nights in July, to the same place we went last year in Majorca, as the kids loved it and we did too

It was cheaper to book 11 nights than 8, so was a no brainer to stay a bit longer

15. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Definitely interested to hear how you get on down there, I was 50/50 on going to the same place as we did last year or going there but familiarity won out. I've heard great things about it and you're so close to Perpignan so no major hassle with transfers.

16. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

How does that work?

17. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

Im guessing the return flight was more expensive to come back earlier.

we booked online and the option to amend your stay was there, so checked 7, 8, 11 and 14 nights

11 was best option and cheaper than 8 :)

Win win

LFCRebel likes this.
  18. cantish

cantish
    Expand Collapse

Friend of mine moved over to live in Stuttgart. Heading over to visit him in a few weeks and just picked up some tickets for their game against Koln. They seem to be going very well this season considering they just avoided relegation last year. Be interested to hear if anyone's been to a Stuttgart game there.

Will be my first experience of a match in Germany so looking forward to it. Also the former home of Endo!

19. dk.lfc

dk.lfc
    Expand Collapse

Stopped off there for a few hours on the way to Munich in 2019

Lashed rain the whole time and it seemed a very grey old soviet city, beer was great tho.

cantish likes this.