This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Pre-Season 2017

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by Niall, Feb 17, 2017.

1. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Another final loss for Klopp, the curse continues!

Just remembered we picked up a huge one a few weeks back....my bad.

2. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Hendos peno was shocking. Hopefully his last peno of the season. Loved kents peno, really cool.

Garrett likes this.
  3. corkred

corkred
    Expand Collapse

Our captain Henderson and vice Milner will struggle to get in our starting XI this year. Gomes is really looking like a good player who is still developing. Klavan thought played well tonight. Left Full is a huge issue with this squad

4. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Henderson is a nailed on starter mate.Nobody can do that deep lying role as well as him and a if we go a bit more solid for certain games it will only cement his place.Will be interesting to see what happens at left back alright.I'm not one of those whose desperate to get Milner out of there but I've liked the look of Robertson so far.

Beanokelly and Skintown Red like this.
  5. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

I hope we start with the team that's going to start the season on Saturday.

6. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

Klavan was shocking for goal, but seemed to improve, Kent cud grow into a decent player

7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nine very good penalties. Pity.

Ragnar Klavan man of the match. I think playing 90 mins was significant in the way it was rewarded.

Big difference in the 2nd half after the substitutions. A very good workout and you would have to say the management team are likely to have learned a lot. Danny Ward had an excellent match.

Thought all the younger player on the pitch were good tonight. Jon Flanagan will have very limited chances of playing time in my opinion going forward if he is still part of the squad when the transfer window ends.

8. kopdub

kopdub
    Expand Collapse

Possible opponents for the CL Draw IMG_4608.JPG

Garrett likes this.
  9. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Even though I have previously said that the team I want to see start on Saturday is likely to be very close to the starting team at Watford away. I am slightly changing my mind, the following midweek game might be considered more important.

10. Garyoc97

Garyoc97
    Expand Collapse

I have a feeling Karius might start the first game of the season. Think Klopp has preferred him over Mignolet this pre season. Would be harsh on Mignolet to be dropped after a great end of season. Danny Ward will keep them on their toes with that performance tonight.

11. corkred

corkred
    Expand Collapse

Don't agree. Klopp obviously wants to recruit another midfielder and feel loosing out on Keita he will target another. Wijnaldum & Can will slot in there no bother. Henderson is now injury prone and feel he could be rotated alot this season. Pending of course we qualify for CL group stages.

12. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think youre miles off if you think Can or Wijnaldum are above Henderson in the pecking order but we'll agree to disagree and see how it plays out pal.

13. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

When I saw the line up against Atletico, I feared the worst .. sure, it was only a friendly but after the important win against Bayern I just couldn't believe the team that Klopp put out - did he seriously think they'd hold their own, or even win ? Because if he did, then we've bigger problems with our manager than we ever thought we had !

Friendlies may be friendlies, but the bottom line is that we are not featuring in the Charity Shield this weekend, so it would have been great to have taken this game seriously and really tried to win the bloody thing !

Hopefully Klopp put this team out on purpose, to send a clear message to the owners regarding he qualify of our squad and our genuine need for more quality this summer... how they ever managed to get to the penos is beyond me, not alone how they manged to score 4 out of 5 of them.

Simply not good enough is the only way to describe half the players who togged out for LFC against Atletico ! Ironically, the younger, less experienced players are probably the ones I'd have more positive things to say about, following this performance.

Linoel,

While you made a fairly persuasive argument when you and I first touched on this, I still think there will be little more than cameo appearances from the cream of the crop on Saturday. I hope I'm wrong, because I'd love to see a near full strength team play, but I just can't see it - they had their big game against Bayern, now it's just a bit of jogging etc. before the real challenges commence.

Babbs,

You once told me that if nothing else, I was consistent... I'd now like to say the same thing to you with regards to Hendo. :)

#213 Garrett, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  14. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Spell it out to me, problems with our manager? Klopp the fall guy?

Klopp and his whole management team would have learned a few things. It is not right in my opinion to be overly critical of the performance tonight.

15. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Some head bangers supporting the club

LKDAVE, Fran74, Gerry and 3 others like this.
  16. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

We can get Simione to replace to Klopp because he's getting sacked too. That team he fielded last night pissed all the traditions of the club and the great trophy that is the Audi cup. They won't be invited back any time soon.

17. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yep how dare the manager make changes for a game 24 hours after another one
    We will never forget the day we lost the Audi cup
    Massive problems indeed

LKDAVE, Skintown Red, Sib and 4 others like this.
  18. Fran74

Fran74
    Expand Collapse
    Premium / Subscriber

You are spot on Gerry, we had a prime opportunity to add our name to the list of greats that have won the Audi Cup and we blew it. The manager in his complete and utter madnness disregarded a peice of silverware for long term goals such as the Premier League starting in just over a week and Champions League qualification. Does he not understand that we want silverware and we want it now? FFS what is wrong with the man?

There is a summer project 5 a side in Cabra on Saturday, I would hope that someone within the club has researched this and that 5 of the squad who are not going to play in the Aviva will be sent up to Cabra to take part. It's fly goalie so a keeper doesn't have to be part of the 5. A cup is a cup at the end of the day and I want one! I want one now!!!!!

Skintown Red, Sib, Colm75 and 4 others like this.
  19. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Garrett in fairness I think you're blowing a gasket about nothing on this one, I know there's a strong link to your ongoing issue with FSG not providing the quality which is required but you could simply not have expected Klopp to go and field a strong team the night after playing an intensive game against Bayern. Word doing the rounds is that the players were actually training yesterday morning too so your issue might be more likely to be with Klopp and how he is overworking the players but I think that too would be harsh. The man has very high demands of his players and needs fitness to be absolutely spot on to implement his game plan.

I think you can definitely have your issue about the quality and quantity of additions we've made this summer but lets keep it sensible, last night was always going to be difficult after a game the night before and it's a friendly at the end of the day.

20. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

If Henderson is fit he starts, that's as simple as it is for me. If we sign Keita I think it frees Hendo up to play his more natural role arriving late into the box and supporting the play high up the field.