This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Trent Alexander Arnold

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by bazburke, Nov 29, 2016.

1. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Here's another angle, recovery times are estimates. We're not sure how long it'll take. 3 weeks is just a standard guideline for a grade 1 ACL/MCL/PCL tear. The range for recovery can be huge.

Everyone heals differently, lots of little things can affect the recovery times, eating different foods, eating at the wrong times, taking the wrong supplements, doing the rehab at less than 100%, did you catch a cold, did you get enough sleep, did you get stressed, and so many other little things and things that don't seem connected can all affect rehab. When your body breaks down with an injury that needs rehab there's a massive mental barrier to get over every single time you go to work on that injury which can halt the progress of the rehab.

I'll admit, it annoys me and frustrates me as a fan hearing someone is expected to be out X weeks, and it ends up being X weeks + Y weeks. But on a human level, I understand why it happens that way. I think the Liverpool staff are probably just more cautious with players coming back from injury than other teams, and to be honest, long term it's likely the best thing. The risk of reinjury goes way up immediately after rehab. Waiting an extra week on an injury could bring the risk of reinjury down from 80% to 20%, a further week brings it down to 5% another week and you're probably back to normal baseline with no increased risk of injury.

xRedmanLFCx and LFCRebel like this.
  2. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Close to a return according to Klopp.

GaryMc likes this.
  3. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Out for the cup final:(

Time to fill your boots young Bradley!

4. aquaman

aquaman
    Expand Collapse

not too surprised about this. 2-3 weeks for a ligament injury always seemed too short.

We are over a month now and he probably won't be ready until march to play again.

I think he will end up playing through some pain until the summer when there is time to heal it properly.

5. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Id be more concerned than you, when rest doesn't do the job first time it usually won't do it second time. Loads of players over the years have avoided the knife in favour of rest and it never seems to work out.

6. DerryKev

DerryKev
    Expand Collapse

Trent is an essential threat, he is always missed.

7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

TAA on sky there. Thought the reporter might have messaged up saying we might see you in a month and then correcting to say a few weeks and he gave a look.

Thepuinse likes this.
  8. Thepuinse

Thepuinse
    Expand Collapse

As impressive as Bradley has been I'd be excited to see Trent back ASAP. Hopefully to feature in one of the Atalanta games? Noticed that too with the presenter on sky Sunday.
    Confidence of achieving something grows hugely if we can see jota and trent both back quickly.

9. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

10. SHOWTIME

SHOWTIME
    Expand Collapse

As good as he is going forward he really is a brainless brutal defender and anyone who thinks he should be switched to midfield needs to have a word with themselves as he hasn't the game intelligence or the nous for it.

He was toxic yesterday and absolutely atrocious against Everton.

We looked alot better starting with Bradley as well!

11. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

His defending always has been the weaker part of his game.. however is creating ability is out of this world,we have nobody else like it.. last 2 games defending can't comment as been poor on certain goals.. the attitude on Everton goal was embarrassing but not gonna hold that against him..
    While you mention Bradley yes is solid but has been found wanting in good few games,game experience will bring him up

12. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

99,97 and 94 point seasons with Trent at right back. You can put a better defender in there but the chances are it costs you points overall. He reinvented that position and I wouldn't want any other player there for us. But each to their own.

13. this

this
    Expand Collapse

Trent is one of those talents that you need on the pitch, one way or the other. What we don't seem to have been able to figure out of the last 2 seasons is when teams invariably target his side as the weak link. Maybe that's the lack of a prime Fabinho type covering those spaces, or maybe Klopp 2.0 are easier to play against as the pressing isn't there like it used to be. Trents defending or lack thereof is definitely a symptom, but I sure as hell don't think taking him out of the team is the cure.

14. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

He hasn't been back to his best since returning from injury but the same goes for others... Salah, Dom, Robbo.
    He's achieved so much at such a young age but if he's a brutal defender and can't play midfield then it's a hell of a con job he's pulled on everyone so far.

15. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Good point made on a pod this week that if Trent went to Real Madrid, he’d be spraying balls from midfield to likes if Mbappe and the fans would love him. No one would bay an eyelid by the odd defensive lapse

16. this

this
    Expand Collapse

Roberto Carlos did alright for them and he didn't exactly come from the defend at all costs school either.

GaryMc likes this.
  17. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Exchange can't for won't, he's well capable of it. He's never been the most naturally defensivellly minded player, being switched on as always seemed like work to him but his flaws were always exaggerated. I have a theory that since Southgate dropped him and ridiculed his defending he has tried to avoid defending as much as possible. He tries to put himself in areas of the field were the right back slot has become someone elses responsibility. He often does this weird thing were he sprints past the midfield to be the highest presser we have, totally unnecessary, makes no sense from a tactical point of view either.

Trent has been my favorite player for a long time but I'd sell him now. Cash in, give Bradley the slot and buy the best number 6 available. I can see him at Madrid, Carvahal is aging, his mate Bellingham is already tearing it up, get the fee now and I'm sure he will be back in 2 or 3 years.

18. BallyfermotReds

BallyfermotReds
    Expand Collapse

I'd personally give trent a 5 year deal as the highest earner at the club, he's absolutely sensational, I can forgive his lapses at the back for everything else he gives us

19. cantish

cantish
    Expand Collapse

Totally agree with this. I’d be sick if Trent was sold.
    Would love if the likes of Trent, Van Dijk, and Alison all signed up which would give Slot a massive boost ahead of next season. Personally would love to get another year out of Salah too.