This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Transfer Rumours And Makey up stories (V2)

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by Dub13, Apr 9, 2013.

1. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Pulisic has been over hyped but still looks a very talented player and has been doing in the bundesliga , Wilson playing well in the championship but I’d have to say Pulisic is the better player at this time

honald_tdb likes this.
  2. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Not seen much of him but Jaysus Dortmund can fairly bring in players for nout and sell for crazy cash

babbsnads likes this.
  3. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Must admit mate I was one of those who wasnt overly fussed about losing Sterling, especially given the fee and the fact there seemed to be a different "news" story about him week in week out. Also thought he was pretty one dimensional and a poor finisher and genuinely thought Ibe was going to be the better prospect.....wow did I get that one wrong. Ibe has basically been attached to the worlds biggest bungee cord and whipped back into obscurity, while Sterling to give him his due has developed significantly.

I dont think us not moving for Pulisic has too much to do with Harry Wilsons development, more that Pulisic doesnt make our first eleven, week in week out atm so why would we spend 58m on him, when theres several youngsters (including Wilson) who could use the oppertunity of first team involvement better than what would basically be a 58m luxury we dont really need.

redabbey likes this.
  4. bono

bono
    Expand Collapse

It's a sign Hazard is on his way in the summer imo.

5. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

There’s a few murmurings of Werner, most likely due to his contract down to only 18 months left.

Would seem to tick all the boxes as a Klopp and FSG signing. Young, not yet reached potential, not at top club, hard worker, plays a few different positions etc etc.

I think it would make sense to swoop in now with a 40 odd million bid, loan him back to them and he arrives in the summer.

6. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Anything can happen in the future. Unexpected things always happen. Fair play to you for making a good call on Sterling v Ibe at the time (I can't remember what I thought).

I think the difference with Wilson and Pulisic is that Wilson has played at English level, including a goal in Old Trafford. Pulisic is on the bench a lot of the time for Dortmund, in a different league. That said, he is known more around the world, and hence the high fee for him.

7. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I've seen some quotes attributed to him where he says he's more Manchester United than Liverpool. I actually know nothing about him.

8. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Was not impressed with Werner at the World cup. Fair enough Germany as a whole were disappointing but he looked very average to me.

10. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

I actually believe that one big signing be it on loan or otherwise would help energise the squad now but it would have to improve the quality of the team. If we are obviously deficient in one area it is still midfield but this is only ever really highlighted in the big games if you look at Madrid last season, Napoli & PSG away and again last night. We have a lot of similar type players around the same level but quite often we lack that midfield general a la Alonso, someone who demands possession in tight areas and can construct the play from deep. We often struggle to get enough good possession of the ball to the front three.

I thought Fabinho showed signs of that last night when he came on although the game was already starting to get stretched by then. However he has definitely improved in the last month and I expect that he may become a permanent fixture in the side given time. Keita has been the big disappointment in that regard and Klopp obviously doesn't trust him yet when he was left sitting on the bench all of last night. In reality though it is difficult to get the right quality player in January so more than likely this will be left unaddressed until the summer.

11. prettyboylfc81

prettyboylfc81
    Expand Collapse

Solanke en route to Brighton in a permanent deal, according to the twitter folk.

12. MrVelo

MrVelo
    Expand Collapse

£19M is a great price really. Official confirmation later today.

13. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

The market is gone mad now. But it's good money.

14. MrVelo

MrVelo
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Best of luck to the lad ? Pity didn’t work out with us

16. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

19 Million, that is some profit from 3 million outlay. Seems the sort of player with a run of games could do well.

17. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

Story doing the rounds that fekir left out of lyon squad for next game, apparently not injured

18. mark buckley

mark buckley
    Expand Collapse

This is gonna do my head in ...Facebook already full of tweets of this bullshit.
    There’s nothing in any of it...lol

£6.50 likes this.
  19. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Maybe it's the fact that Lyon are playing a 5th division team in the cup??
    Non story here me thinks from the usual Twitter/ Facebook bullshit brigade

£6.50 and mark buckley like this.
  20. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

Being linked heavily with Trabzonspor wonderkid Abdulkadir Omur. He is only 19.

Anyone seen much of him?

#14660 Honda, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019