This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

FA Cup Shrewsbury v Liverpool Jan 26th @ 5pm

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by Skintown Red, Jan 25, 2020.

1. flies

flies Well-Known Member

With us still being in the CL id much prefer a CL and PL double than risking our players fitness in a cup we haven't respected from the start of this season, no point being hypocrites just because a lower division team earned a replay. Klopp is dead right and what ever thinks is golden in my eyes .

2. Irishkop96

Irishkop96 Well-Known Member

I'm just getting greedy now trophies.:)

3. flies

flies Well-Known Member

:D:D well yes i hear you there, its a great position to be in tbf.

Irishkop96 likes this.
  4. robbie st leger

robbie st leger Well-Known Member

Lovren is an easy target though
    Fabinho could have covered the header instead matip had a brain fart and went too far out leaving his CB partner exposed to a one on one

5. robbie st leger

robbie st leger Well-Known Member

He didnt need to challenge for that ball, fabinho was there to do that he could have held back imo

6. Fran74

Fran74 Premium / Subscriber

When we are in Taksim Sqaure knocking back Efes on our way to do a League and European Cup double I wouldn’t say many will be thinking I wish we had had a day out at Wembley..Klopp’s made his plans around a break next week and he’s right to stick to them.No choice to be made.

Niall and Colm75 like this.
  7. dantheman23

dantheman23 Well-Known Member

8. babbsnads

babbsnads Well-Known Member

To be fair I dont think Matip had any option but to challenge for that header and I dont think there was anything wrong with him being in that position. Allowing the guy to bully him was where he fell down. Lovrens was a much bigger mistake though imo. You can't sell yourself like that when your last man.

9. dantheman23

Whoever fucked up all I was thinking was thank God we have Van Djik because he makes everyone around him so so much better.
    Tonight was a reminder of how good he is.

10. Stevie S

Stevie S Well-Known Member

Lovren drops off on the cover then gets done with a nutmeg, shit happens.
    I do think his legs are going though and not based on today

bobby benitez likes this.
  11. babbsnads

babbsnads Well-Known Member

Haven't noticed but I think it's very likely he'll be off in the summer.

Stevie S likes this.
  12. Kaye

Kaye Member

Good goal.

dantheman23 likes this.
  13. RedPaddy

RedPaddy Well-Known Member

Spot on, fabinho, lovern, kieta, ox, minimino, shaq, they all need the minutes to further their fitness having missed spells & had enough time on their arses!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  14. RedPaddy

You know it's funny, cuz I was watching that poxy table tennis game between him & Salah on LFCTV with a mate on friday & in it he completely missed several easy slam dunk shots, i said to my mate that's just typical Lovern, make that a football & he does the same thing !! I've said it before multiple times, Lovern is an 'ok' defender, he can have a good game, but can consistently turn around & undo his good work with his 'brain fart' moments, which are always in him..

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  15. Dubfan

Dubfan Subscriber

Klopp has being banging a drum about the need for a winter break to get players sorted for the second half of the season. We get break and are then expected to play.
    He is dead right to make a stance on no senior players in this context for what has frankly become a minor contest.
    Based on tonight's performance the kids may do better anyway.

16. RedPaddy

On another point, why was larouci not red carded for the 'peno' OUTSIDE the box? Was he not last man regardless !
    I'm confused cause sideshow Bob was sent off the other day & he wasnt last man back for a peno..?!

17. bobby benitez

bobby benitez Well-Known Member

I'm fully in favour of Jurgen following through with promises made to the players. A break without a break isn't a break. No other team in remaining in the champions league won't have had a break so too right we should have one. I wouldn't like it to be a piss take though, no reason why Jones Elliot Williams etc shouldn't play and I wouldn't be surprised if one or 2 senior pros make themselves available. I'm thinking Lalanna and Milner, maybe 1 or 2 more too.

dantheman23 likes this.
  18. dantheman23

Fully agree except for the part about milner and lallana. I hope I'm wrong because I'd like to get through this round but I don't think we'll see any senior players in the squad after hearing klopps comments after the game today.

19. Garrett

Garrett Well-Known Member

Let the kids play the replay, they've done well overall in this competition to date, and it's a very important learning opportunity for them.

As for Lovern and Matip, the Echo gave both of them player ratings of 5/10, poor ratings for poor performances. Elliott and Origi also got 5/10 and I would struggle to argue against their ratings either.

I've no issue with Klopp and the first team taking a break when the replay takes place, I'm far more interested in the PL and CL this season, and want our lads fresh for the run in, in both competitions.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  20. twixfix

twixfix Well-Known Member

They have that new rule where it's either a peno or a red card no triple punishment unless it's holding or handball. Google triple punishment rule and it explains it.