This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Roberto Firmino

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by IanoM7, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

What if a player goes there and then builds a hospital in his hometown with the money he makes?

2. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

Is Mane going there?

3. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't really bother me what Gerrard or Firmino do.
    They did the business on the pitch and that's what I'll remember.
    If they take oil money, cheat on their partner or not pay their tv licence, it's none of my business.

They could turn down the offer and publicly make a stand against sportswashing or oil states suppression of rights etc. but they would be pushing against the tide.

It's very easy to say "If I was in his shoes I wouldn't take that money, I would already have enough" but let's be honest we haven't a clue what it's like to be in their shoes, what their ethics are or what their thought process is when they accept the job.

We all have a moral compass and mine goes a bit wonky from time to time so if a professional footballer gets true north mixed up with magnetic north, who am I to judge?
    I'll leave that to Judge Judy.
    Or Judge Reinhold.
    Or Judge from Wanderly Wagon.

4. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Totally agree with this.

Totally disagree with this. I wouldn't do it now with no money so I can say hand on heart I wouldn't do it when I was already a multi-millionaire.