This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

other clubs transfer rumours and makey up stories

Discussion in 'Transfer Forum' started by glen, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

These are outgoings so I'll stick them here.

Marko Grujic - 10.5m to Porto is done it seems
    Taiwo Awoniyi - 6.5m to Union Berlin
    Both with an alleged 10% sell on clause

Two youngsters earlier in the week Liam Millar to Basel and Kamil Grabara to Copenhagen for a combined 4.2m
    Both with alleged 20% sell on clauses
    Nat Phillips not involved in either friendly later today and Brighton are rumoured to be waving 15m at us to replace Ben White

David Moyes has annoyed West Ham supporters by seemingly identifying Divock Origi for 15m as his backup plan to Tammy Abraham.

read an interesting piece yesterday which poo-poo'd the "Liverpool are broke and need to sell to buy" Cant recall the originator of the pieces name but said "Yes Liverpool need to sell, but its fringe players to free up non-homegrown spots in the squad and not to generate funds - although obviously extra funds are always welcome"

2. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

About that non homegrown players thing.. Listened to the podcast on TAW they mentioned this. Saying we have so many non homegrown players taking up spots we need to sell before buying.. It made very good sense the way they talked about it

3. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Can't understand in what world Abraham at 40million is a better signing than Origi at 15m. Virtually the same player.

4. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Abraham is a footballer, getting the most from himself. Origi appears to play football as a hobby, he operates at about 40% of what he is capable of.

miked likes this.
  5. miked

miked
    Expand Collapse

Demerai gray to the bitters for 1.7 million?
    Jesus we were keen on him a few years ago and expected to give good money for him, amazing leverkusen got shot of him so quickly.

6. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Varane going to utd. Should be a good signing. Seem to be getting there weaker spots sorted

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Varane is a good player. They're doing decent business this summer. They'll never win the league with Solksjaer as manager,but they've plenty of quality.

8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I think City will still be too strong for them but 12 points back last year and definitely added two very good signings over the summer so I wouldn't rule them out of winning it. I'd like to think we're right in the mix but I'd like to see some signings and I'm not sure they're coming.

9. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

All depends on how the premier league react to the stories from the court proceedings in April published by the Daily Mail yesterday. Gagging order removed.

Quite obvious they will need to do something now

10. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

A great signing. They could actually do something even with the numpty at the wheel

11. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I'm with Mick on this, they could sign anyone but once Solksjaer is the manager they aren't winning anything.

babbsnads likes this.
  12. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Whats this about?

13. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Won't do anything on city. Will be all swept under the carpet again

14. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I think it's pretty obvious he hasn't got enough about him to win a league with arguably 3 teams with equal or better players, but definitely much better managers. The crazy thing for me is they keep hiring managers who aren't good enough to win the league unless there's a big under performance from their rivals. It was obvious Moyes wasn't good enough before they hired him, it was obvious Mourinho wasn't good enough anymore before he got the job, and its obvious Solksjaer never was or never will be good enough. I can't remember what I thought about Van Gaals chances,so I can only offer hindsight on that but for all the money they've spent, they keep getting the most important part wrong.

On a side note, let's see if the arrival of Sancho and Varane sees the likes of Gary Neville and the anti Glazer protests in general stop. If it does I don't want to ever hear another word from any of them about it because a couple of signings because it will have all been a sham from spoilt entitled brats.

15. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

On you're last point. The owners always have thrown money at the team. Alot of wrong players but backed the management despite wat Neville and Co said..
    Look at the team and huge fees paid

babbsnads likes this.
  16. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Protests will stop and kick off again once it’s going pear shaped in the pitch again , it’s a given .

babbsnads likes this.
  17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Relatively they've had a lot of money to spend but I think the protests were warranted. The first one died on its arse after they won the league, and it looks like this one is dead because of their transfer window and a token gesture of fan representation on the board. If this is dead,they can go fuck themselves and the next time the toys go out of the pram it shouldn't be taken seriously.

mushypea and bobby benitez like this.
  18. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

They just need to be called out on it by someone in the media. It's very obvious, the issues remain the same with the Glazers but when they are winning there is nothing and when they are doing badly or there is a super league type disaster the protest is full on again and we are all at fault for not rowing in behind them. Pathetic. F.C. United have been around since 2005. If there had been 16 years of proper organised protest you'd have seen real change by now but there never has been.

LFCRebel and babbsnads like this.
  19. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Klopp should call them out after we play them in the first game. They put our players in danger (twice) and tried to sabotage our CL qualification. He can say he is behind the right to protest but not when all they want is a shiny new plaything.

babbsnads likes this.
  20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

One of the main fellas involved, he runs the Republik of Mancunia site, is already laying the groundwork for the climbdown. The story is they never would have gotten representation within the club if they hadn't of invaded the pitch. Its a joke. When they don't win any of the big prizes in the next couple of seasons,they'll claim promises were broken and the fan representation was a token gesture to justify their new protest. It's so transparent.

Liverpool-law likes this.