This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Manchester Utd Away Sunday 4.30 pm

Discussion in 'Match Day' started by thenewguy, May 1, 2021.

1. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Interesting to see how this would have went down with us if we were anyway involved in a title race or if we had those 4 points we threw away in our last 2 games. Personally, I say fair play to 99% of the mancs who got exactly what they wanted which was the attention of the owners and media. They sound like a right bunch cnuts the Glaziers and best of luck to them going after them.

As for Neville and the rest who think we need to join the revolution. Go fuck yourselves. We had our fight 11 year's ago and that rat and the rest would have loved nothing more than see us 24 hours away from being the next Leeds. He doesn't get to tell me who is an isn't fit to run our club. We're smart enough to make our own mind up on that.

Getting really tired of his Mother Theresa act and just wish someone could pull him up on his own hypocrisy.

smarten, ROCCO, Skintown Red and 2 others like this.
  2. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

@ mushypea

Neville just worried about his job at Sky read he was on about £1.5m , Sky just rolling him out there and loving it .
    Can’t help him self bringing FSG into every conversation about the Superleague .
    Telling us to watch our backs , as though we don’t know what’s going on at our own club .

3. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Soap boxing as usual banging on about their precious football pyramid. That pyramid has been fucked for years with sky playing a huge part in its unhealth. Taking his whack and pouring money into Salford. He needs to pipe down. Klopp was right when he said everyone needs to calm it a little last week while Neville was practically dishing out the pitch forks. He should feel in some way responsible for that copper getting glassed but was too busy fist bumping the protesters. Then it was straight into deflect mode with his speech and shoe horning FSG into it. There's a lot wrong with our shower but it's none of his business in how we'll hold them accountable.

W@nker.

4. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

If you're going to complain about lack of nuance, then your argument probably shouldn't lack nuance. Yes there was a group of fans who were in it for the right reasons,success or no success. But that movement ran out of steam when United won the league in 2011. And those fans on Sunday could have given the Glazers a far bigger headache by stopping Thursday nights fixture going ahead,Uefa wouldn't have bent over the way the PL will,but they weren't giving up a European final. And do we actually believe if Man U were level on points with City, they'd have forced the cancellation on Sunday? No way.

I support their protest on Sunday, I support their fight to get rid of those parasites but it's ok to be honest about whats happening. If they want the Glazers out they're going to have to be willing to make actual sacrifices,the kind that many of them have showed they weren't willing to make in the past.

That spoofer Neville is a perfect example. His business partner destroyed Valencia,he brought the kind of greed he claims he's against to the lower leagues,after benefitting from it his whole career and is benefitting from now with Sky. He didn't stand up for fans when his employer was looking for another 15 pound a game during the lockdown, he wanted the season voided to stop us winning the league. He was supporting the Glazers very recently and now he's asking Liverpool fans to make sacrifices he's never made, in order to help Manchester United obtain an ownership model we already have. He doesn't give a fuck about 50+1, he wants the club to give the huge profits they make to players so they can be the best again. Its a joke that he's now being hailed as a man of the people.

5. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

It's a threshold moment and rightly so club owner's have to take all the heat. But to see fundamental change in the game then at what point are player's their agents and their greed going to be called out? It's the elephant in the room.

We are all compliant in this. You don't get to p1ss and moan about missing out on Mbappe or Haaland because we won't pay the rate then refuse to pay the ticket price hike or the €100 replica shirts.

6. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

It'll never happen but I'd fcukin love if fans of all the PL teams got together and cancelled their sky/bt subscriptions en masse, even just for the summer months initially to put the shits up the PL and club owners and the tv companies.

Super Sunday without subscribers is nothing.

7. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

This. A bunch of united fans that I know were being all "you should get behind us" and other white knight bullshit to me on sunday. I suggested they should be docked points for it and they were up in arms. Whereas that is the kind of thing that will actually have an effect on the Glazers. The fans want to be seen as heroes until it affects their league position or winnings in any way. If you are going to be a crusader you need to able to connect the dots.

8. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

I find myself wondering have a lot of these weekend warriors (I dont doubt there are truely passionate ones too) have thought past the "moral victory" of getting the Glaziers out of their club. What happens if they say "fuck it, this is too much agro, stick the lot up on Craigs list".
    Who is going to a) want them and their self entitled fan base, who dont seem to just want to support the club, they want to run it.
    And b) who the hell can afford it? If we're rated at 3billion, they have got to be 4+. The only people who could pay for it are oil states and Countries investment arms (i.e China). Try demonstrating on the Chinese government and they would pick up the whole kit and kaboodle and relocate it to Bejing.

Of course theres been the fan share idea floated, but have any of them actually sat down with a pen and paper and worked out how many people and how much they'd have to spend to but the club? I have - they need a million people putting in 4-5k each. And even if that happened - how the heck would shareholder meeting and votes work?

See that gimp Carve my socksup floating the names of Bill Gates and Elon Musk (missed the 3rd name) and asking "but would they be interested?" LMFAO - Even if you could convince Gates, youre getting an owner whos made his fortune on systems that look robust but fall apart and refuse to work for no apparent reason. As for Musk - he could bugger off to Mars any day now.

Fan groups as a whole have seemingly gotten a vastly inflated opinion of themselves. Demands made in that open letter to the Glaziers more resembled a "get outta town" note in a Western than a carefully composed civil invitation to constructive conversation with the fans.

I understand that they feel they have been ignored since their take over, but do they really feel that they are any different than the vast majority of fans? Owners want our money, be that for tickets, replica shirts, tv subs or whatever, and like any business owner they are in it for themselves, not their customers. They dont want to hear our opinion on how to run THEIR business, no matter how entitled we feel we are to do so.

9. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Good post Mick, however the bit I highlighted is wrong I think. It wasn't Sky or BT charging, it was the PL and those 2 had to facilitate it. I also recall Neville being against it. He is a populist cunt though.

10. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Im 90% there on this but the one bit I'd take on is the populism of the protest, it would seem to me to be the ideal time for the hardcore anti glazers that never went back to rally the troops and suck in the gombeens to make the protest and that I can get behind. The protest at the ground was messy and unorganised but the one at the hotel was militant and very organised and what appears to have stopped the game whichever group orchestrated it. I would question the timing of the fans piling on but fair play to the group behind it. They made a stir all over the world, thats a massive statement. Docking them points wouldn't bother this group I dont believe.

11. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Was there a protest outside the hotel liverpool were in?

12. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

13. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Some craic trying to reschedule this.

Wednesday May 5

Thursday May 6 - Roma vs Man Utd

Friday May 7

Saturday May 8 - Liverpool vs Southampton

Sunday May 9 - Aston Villa vs Man Utd

Monday May 10

Tuesday May 11

Wednesday May 12 - Man Utd vs Leicester

Thursday May 13

Friday May 14

Saturday May 15

Sunday May 16 - West Brom vs Liverpool

Monday May 17

Tuesday May 18

Wednesday May 19 - Burnley vs Liverpool and Man Utd vs Fulham (TBC)

Thursday May 20

Friday May 21

Saturday May 22

Sunday May 23 - Liverpool vs Crystal Palace and Wolves vs Man Utd

14. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Our game V West Brom will be moved forward which will free up the midweek slot for the game.

15. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

What if we refuse to move that and or West Brom refuse

16. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

Rescheduled to Thursday the 13th

17. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Is utd's game with Leicester being moved?

Edit: looks like it got moved to the Tues. Utd now have to play Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday.

18. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Good enough for the cunts

19. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

I can see them resting everyone for Leicester and going full strength for us

Thepuinse likes this.
  20. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse