This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fantasy Football Advice

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Skintown Red, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Not sure where to put this so Admin please move if there is already a thread.

So I'm signed up to a fantasy football league...load of yanks, 2 Irish men, and a scot!

I have played fantasy football in years...the last time I had a team I had Jamie Clapham playing left-back and Paul Dickov up front with Michael Owen!

Over here in yankville they do a draft system...there is 15 people...1st person picks who they want, 2nd who they want and so on...after the first round, the last person gets the first pick and so on.

Anyway, any advice on players I should try to get...outside the Salahs, KDB, Haalands etc?

2. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Try get someone you'll want to captain most weeks so Salah, Haaland, Son, Kane, KDB, Trent, Robbo, James, Cancelo.... if you're nearer the end of the 15 then Jesus, Saka, Darwin, Mount, Maddison, Bowen, Kulusevski... lads who are going to start in teams that score goals

Players I like then for further down; Martinelli, Zinchenko, Toney, Sanchez (keeper), Chilwell, Gabriel, Trippier, Dier, Dunk, Sancho (they gotta improve at some point and he will start) Mylolenko, Cash, Neto, Ait-Nouri, Odegaard, Mitrovic, Johnson (Forest), Zaha, Barnes, Castagne,

going really far down then just look at who started the first match so at least they'll probably play

Skintown Red likes this.
  3. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Defenders and midfielders who assist are always good for decent points over the season

Several defenders take frees and corners - TAA, Robbo, Digne, Cresswell, to name just a few
    Midfielders who always score points - Ward Prowse, Maddison, Salah (nearly always listed in midfield) Mahrez, Moutinho, Neves, Harry Wilson at Fulham although injured atm might be worth a punt later in the season

Saka takes pens, frees, and corners at Arsenal
    likewise Stanislas at Bournmouth
    Townsend or Gordon at Everton
    Brian Mbeumo at Brentford

4. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

I was number 10 pick over all and ended up with this squad...
    GK
    Henderson

Def
    VVD
    Diaz
    Konate
    Anderson
    Gomez
    Hickey

Mid
    Henderson
    Fab
    Elliott
    Bissouma
    Gallagher

Att
    Sterling
    Alvarez
    Mitrovic
    Daka

Midfield definitely lacking goals but hoping with Thiago injured Elliott will get some game time in there. Also probably should've tried to get another attacker over a defender but there was nothing left worth picking

5. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Lacking attacking fullbacks in defence, they are pricey though but Trent, Cancelo are basically midfielders who can get clean sheet points.

6. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Aye Trent, Robbo, Canelo, James, Chilwell were either all gone or I wanted to pick the likes of Sterling before getting a fullback.

7. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

You're team is shite. Sorry to be so blunt but you need to set expectations.

Skintown Red likes this.