This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The "I'm off on me holliers" thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dub13, May 9, 2011.

1. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

During term?? :) lol

Stevie S likes this.
  2. jonnylpfc

jonnylpfc
    Expand Collapse
    Shankly

Sssshhh o_O

Stevie S and LFCRebel like this.
  3. jonnylpfc

jonnylpfc
    Expand Collapse
    Shankly

Was in there on Wednesday great little bar only stayed for an hour as the little fella was getting restless .

4. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

Its still there alright.

Stevie S likes this.
  5. Phil!

Phil!
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Anyone been to Sorrento that can recommend somewhere to watch the final on Sat?

6. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

Was there about 10 years ago and found an Irish pub run by an Italian man and his old mother, who sat outside the door. We ended up joining a couple from N Ireland who were celebrating their wedding - great night was had by all - Probably all changed now though.

Phil! likes this.
  7. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

You think they divorced since then?

Dub13, Shane_90, sligo fan and 2 others like this.
  8. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

I hope not, they were a lovely couple.

Might have to go searching for pictures now that it's come back to mind!

LFCRebel likes this.
  9. Chambers

Chambers
    Expand Collapse

Anyone any feedback on Cambril's Park? There in July and looking to sort transfers from Barcelona. Everything is just going up!!!

10. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Three years ago, we were up the road in Sanguli.

Nice area. Take the day trips to Nou Camp/Barcelona if you have never been. Also, a trip to Tarragona. Their version of CIE do excellent trips and good value too.

Chambers likes this.
  11. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

I'll second Tarragona, it's a great trip, it's like if the cities of Rome and Barcelona had a baby, it'd be Tarragona. Cambrils is a nice place too, lovely marina and much quieter than Salou, but still walking distance away if you want the madness. I'm actually over there myself from the 3rd of June.

As for airport transfers, have you looked at renting a car instead?

12. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

Brilliant. Been there 4 times

Chambers likes this.
  13. pam

pam
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Check the trains out they are very reliable, and reasonable
    What station does the Barcelona to Cambrils train leave from? Which Cambrils train station do I come into from Barcelona?

Omio customers travelling this route depart most frequently from Barcelona Sants and arrive in Cambrils.

14. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse
    LFC till the day I die and beyond!

Heading to Agadir Morocco on Monday with the wife and kids for two weeks, I’m quite well-travelled over the years and have been to a few countries in Africa including Egypt and Tunisia, however, never been to Morocco.

I booked the transfer in advance for the airport to hotel through get your guide who has never let me down over the years having used them in many countries.

Any tips and or advice for a smooth enjoyable holiday gladly welcomed guys and gals?

15. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

This is advice for the end of your holiday.Might seem like a small thing,might not even be an issue for most people but on your flight home make sure any of you with a weak bladder get a piss in before the fasten seat belts sign goes on for landing. They're low on ground staff and we were waiting 30 minutes on the tarmac before we could get off the plane. My mate got caught out and was bursting by the time he made a toilet in the terminal building.

Oh,and they aren't taking cash on Ryanair flights,card only. And they'll hammer you financially for being even slightly over the weight limit with your bags. And check out the covid restrictions in Morocco. I don't know if there is any,but in Spain masks are mandatory in taxis,on buses and in pharmacies. Could be a pain in the whole if you arrive,need masks for your transfer and don't have any.

Terry likes this.
  16. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse

Nice one Babbs, me missus works in travel and has all the documents and stuff sorted. The biggest stress is thinking about that bleedin airport FFS. I’m hoping because we are flying on a Monday and late at night that we will be ok

#1756 Terry, Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    babbsnads likes this.
  17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I know there's some horror stories coming out of the airport, but if you go out expecting to queue for longer than you would have before covid, it probably won't be that bad. We told the kids there would be a fair bit of queuing,we were all relaxed about it and it was alright. Around an hour and 15 minutes from bag drop to clearing security and that was early Friday morning. I reckon you'll be grand.

Terry likes this.
  18. Terry

Terry
    Expand Collapse

Yeh that’s a good point mate, I was thinking that today - just prepare for the inevitable, stay calm and relaxed and make the most of it

19. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

I flew out Sunday afternoon. First thing is set down is gone, moved out to where the longterm buses stopped. Tip 1, grab a trolley and stock your bags on it even if they have wheels. They were pulling people with trolleys from the original queue and ushering them in threw arrivals. Tip 2, keep the kids visible, they were taking them from the security line and moving them to the front. Whole thing took 45 minutes, I reckon 75 without being moved from the queues.

As for Agadir, prepare for cats coming up to your table and waiters not giving a fuck.

20. cantish

cantish
    Expand Collapse

Anyone hardly know of a pub in Bilbao that always shows GAA? There for the weekend and was hoping to catch Kerry/Dublin. Seen a few online but find Irish pubs very hit and miss in terms of showing it !