This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

New Sponser is........

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by trucker, Sep 11, 2009.

1. trucker

trucker
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure there are mate there has to be some, I just know that the CL qualification is the main 1 of them.

2. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Just wondering if any more leaked :)

3. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Liverpool in talks over new £5M-a-year Carlsberg agreement

Liverpool are ready to retain their relationship with Carlsberg.

The Reds will replace Carlsberg with Standard Chartered as shirt sponsors next season.

However, the Daily Mail says Liverpool also hope to raise another £5m a year with a new deal with brewing giants Carlsberg.

Also saying our deal with Standard chartered is worth £21m-£24m per season.

My thinking is ... there will be a a lot more deals like this on the way.....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/soccer/wires/09/15/2080.ap.soc.liverpool.hicks.0823/index.html

Ive been epic swindled has promised to reduce Liverpool's debts and strengthen the squad after revealing the club expects to generate 26 million pounds ($43 million) from British bank Standard Chartered and Danish beer Carlsberg next season.
    "It's not just the 21 million pounds that we will develop from the new sponsorship agreement with Standard Chartered because we will have an additional two or three million pounds for the Infinity part of the deal with Standard Chartered,'' epic swindled said

"Knowing Rafa Benitez I suspect he's got his eye on part of it,'' epic swindled said. "As we build our revenues it gives ability to be more competitive on the pitch and, this is a very important one, but we think we have other opportunities in the future as well.''

#83 ROCCO, Sep 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  4. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Liverpool sponsor wants Asian players on club

By Rob Harris, AP Sports Writer

Standard Chartered executive Gavin Laws outlined his hopes for Liverpool in an interview with The Associated Press on Thursday, saying the bank sees great potential for the club to increase its exposure in the Asian market — where it does most of its business.

"The real power for what Liverpool could do for us, and I think for the English Premier League, is if there was a way they could nurture foreign players from Asia ... a great Asian player — you see what Park Ji-sung does for Manchester United," Laws, the bank's head of corporate affairs, said at the SoccerEx conference.

"The markets in Asia and the Middle East are so nationalistic, they are very proud about their countries. (Matches) become huge events. One appearance from a player, say from Dubai in the Premier League, and you'd have the whole of Dubai watching it."

Liverpool is sixth in the Premier League, four points behind fifth-place Tottenham, which is in the Europa League spot and has played a game less.

It means the five-time European champions are set to miss out on competing in the more lucrative Champions League for the second successive season.

For Standard Chartered, the European competitions are of less interest than the Premier League.

"The Champions League for us as a sponsor is not that important for us," Laws said. "By the time the games are played, the major markets we are interested in, everyone is asleep and in bed."

And it's in those Asian markets where Standard Chartered wants to be selling more shirts with its brand across them.

"The market is saturated in Europe with so many clubs, how many more merchandise sales are they going to create over the next 10 years?" Laws said. "If the clubs want to do merchandise sales going at an exponential rate you've got to be in China, you've got to be in Korea, really getting all the people excited about the game."

5. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Regarding Gavin Laws comments above. If a player is good enough to play for the club I would not care what nationality they were. I would be very opposed to Liverpool having a token asian player though just to please our sponsors.

6. Juan

Juan
    Expand Collapse

Agree with you there mate 100%..Footballs big big bucks thesedays,but if it comes a day when our sponsors have a say in who and from where we should sign the said player..then it will be a sad day for LFC.

7. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Even more stupid quotes off another website

8. Sim Sala Bim

Sim Sala Bim
    Expand Collapse

Honda would get us started in Asia

9. Dubred

Dubred
    Expand Collapse

We are getting some amount of mileage out of him already.

10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

He was supposed to sign but did a last minute u u-turn.

11. JFT96YNWA

JFT96YNWA
    Expand Collapse

"If Liverpool were winning the league and were keeping at the top of everybody's minds then it's fantastic for a sponsor," Laws said. "But I would have thought that Liverpool have had more exposure around the world this season than anybody else ... without the turmoil at the club there wouldn't have been (the publicity). They are a mid-table team, who have an outside chance of getting into the Europa League again.

"I'd like to see Kenny as the long term manager — I'm sure the club would."

"They are going to be talking to him if they aren't talking to him already," Laws added. "The Kenny magic is all around the world, everybody believes Kenny can take the club (forward) and that means they stay focused and that means they stay in the newspapers around the world ... we are looking for brand awareness."

:eek: WTF , sorry but where did this quote come from.

If this is an accurate quote from someone in the Standard Chartered organisation , as far as i'm concerned they can go fcuk themselves :mad:

12. this

this
    Expand Collapse

Don't understand all the offense, we are a mid table team at the moment, like it not, we've made great strides since Kenny took over but let's not fool ourselves, if by some miracle we make it into the top four at the end of the season it will be a comeback of Istanbul proportions.

However, it's one thing for me to be saying that, it's another for the executive of our clubs sponsor to release the same comments to the press, he needs to learn a little bit more about the Liverpool way and keep his gob shut.

I'd take Honda in a second, can't believe some people saying at 25 he's past it, plenty left in the tank yet.

13. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

14. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

If you only counted points in the premier league table since Kenny took over we would be top. We stopped being a mid table team (or even worse) when the King returned.

15. this

this
    Expand Collapse

If me Granny had wheels she'd be a bus lad :p

The whole interview is just Standard Chartered trying to drum up some publicity for themselves, simple as that, but if the donkey thinks that corporate advertisement is going to sway Kenny in making his first selection then Mr. Laws is more delusional than any of us can imagine, and we are giving his comments way more time than they deserve.

16. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Things is were not a mid table side , were a top 4 side that was playing like a mid table side but now sit 6th.But still imo easily a top 4 side under Kenny.

17. prendy

prendy
    Expand Collapse

we were playing like a bottom 6 side for the first half of the season.
    Its a mark of the man Kenny is that he has us back fighting for CL places in 3 months.

18. F@ces

F@ces
    Expand Collapse
    Part of the dance

"....a great Asian player — you see what Park Ji-sung does for Manchester United".

Number of PL appearances by Park Ji-sung this season: 11.
    Number of PL goals by Park Ji-sung this season: 4

19. No Name

No Name
    Expand Collapse

Would we be able to force the young Asians to join us?

Or would this be voluntary euthanasia?

20. aquaman

aquaman
    Expand Collapse