This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Lucas

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by muller, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

You should post more often

2. denashpot

denashpot
    Expand Collapse

I'm guessing you don't agree with what I said.

3. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

I could take him or leave him really as a squad player, always been a bit meh towards him

I did like that you left out the obligatory 'nice guy but' part

denashpot likes this.
  4. robbie st leger

robbie st leger
    Expand Collapse

Nice to see after 10 years good service to the club we still have some respect for players

5. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Gutted to see him leave tbh. Very under rated player, though most of our fans appreciate him. In fact we fuckin love him! Won our player of the season in 2012. All the best Lucas.

6. CHARMAC

CHARMAC
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

7. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Been a good servant, however hopefully it will be a long time before LFC have a player at the club 10 years around first team squad with one medal to show for it. Hardly his fault given some of the dross he played with, he was close to two league titles.

A bit like Kuyt he will be remembered fondly by fans even though probably both heavily criticised. Someone like Skrtel had a decent LFC career however dont think history will be so kind to him given he finished in should bad form.

Think he will do well in Italy

8. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully it will be an even longer time before LFC have another player who has been with the club 10 years and scored so few league goals for us too ...incredible stat when you think about it, even a keeper might get you a couple of goals over a ten year stint :D

9. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

Sound.

prendy, Niall and Stevie S like this.
  10. Happy Wednesdays

Happy Wednesdays
    Expand Collapse

Always came across as a decent fella and a great fella to have around the squad, especially for the South Americans we signed.

I personally never felt he was good enough but you could not question his attitude.

Hope he has a couple of good years in Italy.

11. ConorKop

ConorKop
    Expand Collapse

Sad to see him leave, never set the world alight on the field just did the dirty work that probably always went unnoticed. Clearly a big personality off the field and in the changing room will always be remembered fondly hopefully enjoys his time in Italy.

12. thenewguy

thenewguy
    Expand Collapse

genuinely sorry to see him go, even if i think the time might be right its just after all the years of hard work he put in. hopefully he gets on well in italy

13. RedArmagh

RedArmagh
    Expand Collapse

Was a good squad player and a very good character in the squad. I would have had no problems keeping him as backup but the lad deserves to go and play regular first team football.
    Its a real pity he picked up that bad injury (cruciate I think), he was really developing into a very good player for us.

redabbey likes this.
  14. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I've always had huge respect for Lucas Leiva. His parting message is so dignified. He will never ever feature in any best 11 of Liverpool players, but he was a great signing and a great person to have in the squad for the 10 seasons. I remember being at Anfield the game before he did his cruicate, he was my man of the match that day. That injury really held him back.

Here is the video of his parting message

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/video/latest-videos#29754

vodkacolly and RedArmagh like this.
  15. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Really hopes he enjoys his time at Lazio with plenty of games .

Lovable bloke .

Unluckeeee ;)

16. redabbey

redabbey
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

17. theoriginals_lfc

theoriginals_lfc
    Expand Collapse

Having a read through some of the posts on this thread. Jesus some lads just love a good moan don't they?

Fair play to Lucas for what he gave over the last ten years. He's going at a right time theres no doubt about it but if only all the others to play for us over the years had the same attitude as him. All the best to him.

18. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

I think I recall when we were signing him he was described as a dynamic box to box midfielder, and we all expected a classical Brazilian midfield general. He obviously wasnt that and the fans quickly nominated him as the player you love to rag on. He was Glen Johnson before Glen Johnson. Will admit I did my fair share of it too. Think once we all got used to the fact that he wasnt the new Kaka we started to appreciate him for what he actually was - a solid, give you everything DM, the fans adopted him as one of their own.
    Think Italy will suit him nicely and hope he does well there.

19. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

Good squad player over the last ten years for us, got a fair bit of stick over the years, always seemed like a decent bloke and a good club man

20. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

The fact he appeared to be universally liked within the club seems to have gone against him. Its like people assume he was only kept around because he was a good teammate to Spanish and Brazilian lads, he was a decent player in his own right. He never reached the standards of Gerrard, Alonso or Mascherano but he never could, they were exceptional players. He was a good player, every bit as good as any of the midfielders we have had in the last 25 years bar those 3 and i include any of the current crop in that. Its a good thing that we have moved the bar ( or hope to) to a level where those players are below the expected standard.

Adiós Lucas, best of luck in Italy.

redabbey likes this.