This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Glen Johnson.....

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by mossy199, Nov 21, 2011.

1. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Well said Glen

But please make it stop

2. The Pernicious One

The Pernicious One
    Expand Collapse

Well played Glen Johnson, Oh and as for Paul McGrath.....

óle
    The Pernicious One

3. Anfield Old Boys

Anfield Old Boys
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Really stupid Glen, let sleeping dogs lie....

4. Venom1983

Venom1983
    Expand Collapse

Good to see him support Luis but the media are going to have a field day with this

5. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

That was a nice honest piece. Now lets wait for the media to attack Glen.
    I reckon Liverpool must have more intelligent footballers than any other team, anytime I hear our players speak, they are clever, witty and well spoken, they all sound educated, then you look at other teams (Scum, Spurs, Chavs) and they all seem daft as fcuk.

Anyway, Well said Glen.

6. MucklaghFC

MucklaghFC
    Expand Collapse

What a clown GJ is -this issue had just gone to bed and now he's waking it back up again - seriously cheesed off over this.:mad::mad::mad:
    Bill & Bob and all the greats must be turning in their graves.
    The King needs to get a grip on his men

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Not a personal attack mate but this shankly will be turning in his grave stuff gets on my tits. Do we really think bill shankly wouldn't stand up for something he believed in. Nobody can claim to know how he would have handled this situation. He said plenty of controversial stuff himself but there was nothing like the media coverage there is today.

I think Johnson is perfectly entitled to defend himself against the likes of McGrath but personally I think he should have swerved the whole handshake issue. Can't see the club being happy.

8. Murph

Murph
    Expand Collapse

Just when we thought we can move on, BANG its printed again by a paper that absolutely slaughtered us over this issue, you're not telling me they haven't printed this to have another go at us.

9. Venom1983

Venom1983
    Expand Collapse

Headline on Football365 is reds reignite racism row. What a joke

10. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

The joke isn't the headline. The joke is the naivety of GJ. He really should have known better, completely sidestepped the issue of Evra and Suarez and just talked about his experiences with McGrath et al! I can't see Kenny or the owners being one bit happy about this.

I'm all for supporting someone but the club already looks like a complete joke and this will only serve as an opening for the hacks to lay into the club again!

11. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

He gave an honest opinion on the question he was asked. Hardly a big deal except for those who want to make something of it. Honestly can't see the club making anything out of it and why would they. Will be old news tomorrow!

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Johnson has been sitched up here. The Suarez/Terry/Capello/Redknapp sagas had run their course, now Glen has given them plenty to write about for the next week. LFC once again making headlines for the wrong reasons.

I agree with majority of what he said but I can also see Paul McGraths point of view on the situation with t shirts.

13. Malzheimer

Malzheimer
    Expand Collapse

Nice honest piece, refreshing to hear an interview like that. I don't give a fcuk what the media print about it, they will find some stick to beat us with anyway. All he is doing is giving an opinion and showing support for a team-mate. His views by the sounds of it reflect a lot of our views over the whole issue, so whats the problem.

14. RedPaddy

RedPaddy
    Expand Collapse

agreed.....to those who 'think,' 'it's gone to bed' - opposition fans are taking delight in every game at booing & insulting Luis & chanting 'racists' at us !
    It's time some of the mute numpties that seem, more & more, to be getting tickets for games at Anfield, drowned out those moronic opposition fans when they start up!:rolleyes:

15. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

It's been mild to be honest. One or two chants but other than that nothing. People move on and aren't going to be bothered chanting or booing him non stop.

16. eegorbishcan

eegorbishcan
    Expand Collapse

Come on lads, he was asked by a hack, a question he probably would've rather not been asked, I think he's answered very well and to be honest fook what the rest think - every other man and his dog has had their opinion on Luis and our club and we haven't been allowed to air a single word/opinion in return - anyway since the FA report, no matter what's said on this, people will interpret any information to suit their own opinion...

The worst thing about it is that most believe it's a statement from GJ and not an exerpt from an interview about football stickers FFS!

17. mvegaspool

mvegaspool
    Expand Collapse

I think Johnson just gave an honest answer to a question posed to him in an interview. Guaranteed if he refused to answer it or just bypassed it, the media would twist it that Johnson condemns Suarez or something like that. I'm delighted Glen came out with his opinion, why sholudnt he give his opinion, everyone has made their mind up on Suarez whether it is true or not. I also agree with him on Evra, he had it planned, he looked straight at the TV camera when Suarez went past rather than looking at Suarez. He knew what he was doing. If Suarez had paused and waited for Evra to raise his hand, the media would have made out that Suarez made a scene by waiting. If Evra held his hand up like everyone else there wouldnt have been an issue

Any interview I've read with Johnson, he has always come across as an intelligent decent sort. In that interview he was honest and open. I admire him for it and I am proud that he plays for LFC.

As to whether he is better than Kelly, I think at the moment he is hands down better than Kelly. Kelly will be a great player but I think people have rose tinted glasses on because he is a local lad and would give anything to be playing. Johnson is a better player, full stop. Kelly can be sloppy in his passing, was caught out of position a few times against Arsenal, and is more likely to make errors than Johnson. In time he will be as good a player, if not better, than Johnson (he will never be as good going forward), but at the moment Johnso easily deserves his place as he is playing great football both attacking and defensively. Kelly will just have to be patient I'm afraid.

18. Kop On

Kop On
    Expand Collapse

Do you know what I am absolutely delighted and proud of Johnson to come out and say what he did. I don’t care what other fans and media hacks think or want to write about our club. I’ve a lot of respect for Paul McGrath but Johnson is correct about McGrath. From day one Paul acted as a hypocrite, he fully supported Ron Atkinson during his scandal but was one of the first to stick the boot into Luis!

My mind was made up about this stitch up as soon as it happened at Old Trafford.

The most important thing for me in that article was the fact Johnson said Luis came to him at training and thanked him for his support. At least Luis knows his team mates and (most of) the fans are fully behind him.

Let the press write what they want, they’ll struggle to turn this one on it’s head though, a black player coming out and condemning the treatment of his team mate for alleged racism and the actions of a fellow black player in Evra.

As for the theory of if we just say nothing and stop talking about it, it’ll go away. That might be true but doesn’t make it right.

The catholic church did the same thing for years with child abuse. (I know they’re unrelated issues completely but the point stands on brushing stuff under the carpet for the sake of an easy life)

19. mvegaspool

mvegaspool
    Expand Collapse

Well said

20. Coolfran

Coolfran
    Expand Collapse

As indicated above if he hadnt answered the questions asked it would have been interpreted/advertised as an indication of his shame/regret etc. No one in teh media would have appluaded him for attempting to move past the issue