This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Connecting phone to TV

Discussion in 'Computers/Gadgets' started by liverirish, Nov 29, 2019.

1. liverirish

liverirish
    Expand Collapse

Hey I have a football app on phone that works very well. Its called live football tv. How would I get it to my tv screen? Thanks everyone I'm not into technical stuff much.

2. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I use a google chromecast,they're about 30 euro but it's the business. The app I use for football has a chromecast option and I can leave the house with my phone and it will keep playing. I still have the reincarnation of the old liveonline footy and to this day it's the best technology decision I've ever made to get it. 6 pound for 90 days and I can count on one hand the number of times its let me down in all those years which is just as well because I haven't had much luck with IPTV.

3. liverirish

liverirish
    Expand Collapse

I have the Google chromecast alright. Would it be that my football app doesn't have a casting option. What app would be better to use?

4. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

It's likely your app doesn't have a casting option. But your phone might. What phone do you have? If your phone doesn't have an option there's some 3rd party apps you can get that will allow you to cast to a TV.

5. liverirish

liverirish
    Expand Collapse

I have a Samsung galaxy s8
    I dont know if it has a casting option.
    I know tech isn't my thing.

6. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

You'll need to download the Google Home app on your phone from the playstore. Here's a link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.chromecast.app&hl=en

Then you must make sure your TV/Chromecast and Phone are connected to the same WiFi network and just follow the onscreen instructions for set up.

You should then get a little TV icon (square box with 3 lines in the corner) whenever you start playing videos and that will give you the option to cast to the TV.

If you share the name of the App I'll be able to see if it's even possible from the app first. But I'd still recommend setting up the app as you'll be able to cast youtube, netflix etc to the TV.

liverirish likes this.
  7. liverirish

liverirish
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Elvis
    its called Live Football TV
    I can cast YouTube stuff to the tv already. Hows that possible?