This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Jordan Henderson

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by Ron1892, Aug 3, 2011.

1. No Name

No Name
    Expand Collapse

He's turning into a smashing player. He gets better with every game. Sometimes you have to admit that you were wrong and I was wrong about him. Doubt that I'm the only one either ;)

2. gav003

gav003
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

But KD didn't play him in the centre much at all either. Too much agenda I agreebut on both sides. The lad has a great future.

3. Vito

Vito
    Expand Collapse

4. Luke*****

Luke*****
    Expand Collapse

Passion right there, Something many of the wasters that have come and gone to the club have been lacking!

5. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

About 8 plyers lack passion for lfc

6. trucker

trucker
    Expand Collapse

I said all last season Kenny was destroying him by not using him in the centre, as soon as Lucas was injured Adam's lack of mobility was exposed and Henderson shoulda been in middle, I reckon Gerrard been injured stopped Kenny doing it, 9 games Gerrard started in the league last season, this season every game.

7. trucker

trucker
    Expand Collapse

Who?

8. Bren100

Bren100
    Expand Collapse

I'd hazzard a guess that physically Henderson is probably the fittest player at the club, he has some engine.

Was only talking to a mate before Xmas about Henderson, he thought he should be sold. I didnt agree stating youth, good attitude, strong, long contract, wirth another season (kinda like Lucas a few years back, ability to come good). I worried about his confidence with the whole Clint Dempsey thing. So glad then and more so now we kept him.

He won't set the world alight with skill but play him in the right position and he will give you 100% each week. Deserves a chance in the team

9. stamullenredmen

stamullenredmen
    Expand Collapse

hendersons been great the last while now thank god he wasnt sold it wouldve been an awful waste to see him go.id rate him above wilshire at the moment now

10. Captain_Morgan

Captain_Morgan
    Expand Collapse

To think Rodgers wanted to give him and cash for Dempsey is mind boggling stuff

11. trucker

trucker
    Expand Collapse

“@LiverpoolScout: Lucas, Gerrard & Henderson have only started 5 league matches in CM together, resulting in 3W 2D (City(A) & Arsenal(A)

12. Anfield Old Boys

Anfield Old Boys
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Couldn't agree more and Hendo knows it too. It too the lads credit that he has gotten on with the job after such a public vote of no confidence.

13. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

Fair comment but it's more mind boggling that FSG hadn't got or wouldn't give the few quid to sign Dempsey outright.

14. trucker

trucker
    Expand Collapse

It's not really is it.

15. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

At the time I thought it was a huge mistake but now I'm not so sure , if we would have signed Clint would be have signed Sturridge in jan ?

Mistake is not signing Sturridge in the summer

16. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Not surprised , think I've asked for that 3 in every game this season

On Henderson
    Has a great Engine and no one better in the side to get in the face and break up the oppositions play and get us on the attack
    But going forward looking to challenge for the title and a permanent top 4 side is he then a regular or a very good squad player ?

17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I agree with you that it would have been a terrible and very short sighted decision to include Henderson in any deal for a player like Dempsey. I also agree with you that he played very well every time he played CM last season. I defended him on numerous occasions last year because like you,I thought the potential he had was very obvious. Kenny should of played him more often in the centre. But I think Kenny showed a lot of belief in him and I think a problem he had was that he didn't show the same amount of belief in himself. A prime example was his one on one situation against Stoke away last season,the lack of conviction in his effort was unreal.He was asked to fulfill a role in the team that he was plenty capable of doing. He's proved it this season that he can do it. He played more or less that role against city away this year and was excellent. It's a point being made a couple of times on here and I've never seen you respond to it. Im not being smart here,I'm genuinely interested on your take on it. What I'm asking is do you think it's right that he carries a lot of the responsibility for his performances last season,which to be fair to him,he seems perfectly willing to do. He's got a great attitude and coupled with his ability,what we paid will be excellent value for money.

18. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Needs to start every game from now on IMO, no excuses Brendan

19. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

20. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse