This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Ticket info/questions/discussions

Discussion in 'Tickets' started by xRedmanLFCx, Feb 21, 2019.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

That same company shafted a good few people on this site many years ago. We generally don’t name them on this site to give them any publicity. They will see themselves as legitimate and they are not doing anything illegal. They are though really charging people about 200 quid for a ticket that should be 50/60 when you strip away the other parts. It’s a grand setup for people who want to go to one match a season as tickets are hard to come by. However tickets are harder to come by because of companies like that.

2. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

Hi Mark welcome to the site. Not too sure about ur kids ages etc but id suggest 2 light memberships for the adults and 2 kids memberships. You get a little pack (boot bag and flag last year and couple of other bits) be roughly €100for all 4. Then go on to the sales and chance ur arm. U will be eligible for all but the "big games" ie top 6and Everton.. Most of these will not have a load of tickets available but you can get lucky and get in early and get tickets. 2or 3games usually go on what's commonly known as a"Free for all" this means no members tickets are sold on criteria all tickets for the game go on sale to all members in the same sale so a much better chance to pick up tickets for these games. It beats forking out €1000 to a tout agency straight away in my eyes.. Stick around here get involved and people look after each other with tickets.

AWB89, Joedared, GaryMc and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mark Smith

Mark Smith
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for naming the company. I've never gone down the package route before, seemingly it was a lot easier 20+ years ago to get tickets also I suppose there were only 2 of us then. I'll take out the membership and see what I can get when the tickets become available.

4. Mark Smith

Mark Smith
    Expand Collapse

[QUOTE="Pfoley, post: 1129176
    2or3games usually go on what's commonly knownasa"Free for all" this means no memberstickets are sold on criteria all tickets for thegame go on sale to all members in the samesale

How do you know what 2 or 3 games these are, I presume they are against the promoted teams

5. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it Was Fulham and Cardiff last season..

Mark Smith likes this.
  6. PureKlaas

PureKlaas
    Expand Collapse

Hospitality also an option, again lots of money but I assume they do seats together

7. mark buckley

mark buckley
    Expand Collapse

All games in hospitality up for sale now..
    Already being snapped up

8. DaveB

DaveB
    Expand Collapse

Big prices for the hospitality tickets. I use to not mind the phone lines for the members sale once having to hear "..you are being charged for this call" 100 times before you got through, didn't drive you mental. The online system is a farce when you compare it to some of the other online ticket platforms out there.

9. bert5e

bert5e
    Expand Collapse

@Mark - also worth factoring in a ot of the games that get to "Free for All" levels tend to be weekday fixtures

10. Dfitzpatrick

Dfitzpatrick
    Expand Collapse

Cardiff was Saturday 3 o'clock cant remember fulham, there was loads of availability for watford and leicester in additional sales though when they were midweek.

11. bert5e

bert5e
    Expand Collapse

apologies D - I though Cardiff was the same as Watford and Leicester, from memory the fulham game was that horrible 1130 am on a Sunday morning

12. prettyboylfc81

prettyboylfc81
    Expand Collapse

I have invested in Light Membership & Junior for my young lad aged 6. He loved getting the welcome pack, etc, so that is handy to become a nice surprise for him every year until he is old enough to cop on ha.

Hoping like some of the more seasoned lads have explained above, is to book in & out for the likes of Sheff Utd, Villa, etc at home this year with the hope to get late availability. Was hoping the same for Norwich game but that is fooked since its our 1st league home game. Plus the FA Cup could get decent home draw, etc.

Long Term aim over the next decade or so, try build up some credits that when my young lad is a grown lad, he will have a decent members card to be able to go to games himself with his own mates! That's the plan but let's see how this season goes trying to get tickets in members sale.

PureKlaas, GaryMc, Dave3 and 3 others like this.
  13. Paul Connolly

Paul Connolly
    Expand Collapse

You are spot on, Fulham match was early on a Sunday morning. I was at the match and two of my mates got tickets from the office that morning! Perfect opportunity for people to get credits built up

14. DaveB

DaveB
    Expand Collapse

What are ticket prospects like for the people that have 4 credits from the previous season?

15. liverpool4life

liverpool4life
    Expand Collapse

I was in the 4 credit sale last year only managed to pick up Everton. But with persistence theres a good chance of building up your credits. I was lucky in the week before games picking up tickets when i wasnt lucky in the additional sale(Think i only got one or two games in additional sales) it takes a lot of refreshing the ticket page which is mind numbing

DaveB likes this.
  16. Mark Smith

Mark Smith
    Expand Collapse

Just from looking at the fixtures will the opening game against Norwich be difficult to get even 2 tickets for, with light membership. We could leave the kids at home and flights and accommodation are reasonably cheap at the moment for that Friday but obviously they would have to be booked soon. Or would we have a better chance with say the Newcastle games in September.

17. bert5e

bert5e
    Expand Collapse

Also sitting on four credits for the first time in along time this year. Hopefully the structure of credits isn't altered giving a chance of getting to some bigger games.

18. Paddy M

Paddy M
    Expand Collapse

Wouldn't be optimistic, usually first game requires so many tickets purchased on each cars from last year. If you meet requirements you'll get sorted,if not you won't

19. mark buckley

mark buckley
    Expand Collapse

European champions on top of an already fully sold out ground means no tickets will be way to come by this season..gonna be a struggle all season

20. Dfitzpatrick

Dfitzpatrick
    Expand Collapse

Nearly sure a block came back last year aswell from west ham or half atleast, newly promoted team big game at anfield be no returns on that part.