This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

FA Cup Shrewsbury v Liverpool Jan 26th @ 5pm

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by Skintown Red, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Pfoley

Pfoley Well-Known Member

Gonna be some fume over this. Can't see the logic myself... Surely we have enough players in need of game time to have a good mix...

2. zamaguire

zamaguire Well-Known Member

And rightly so. The people in charge of the premier League haven't got a clue

3. Irishkop96

Irishkop96 Well-Known Member

So is saints and spurs not gonna put out full teams? Utter bulls#it .. using it as an excuse

4. babbsnads

babbsnads Well-Known Member

I dont get it,excuse for what?

5. dantheman23

dantheman23 Well-Known Member

It's a fuck you to the FA and Premier league. Klopp obviously has a serious issue with the amount of fixtures the players have to play so he wants to give them a break like the FA asked for last April.

It'll be Aston Villa team then. Should be a good game.

6. babbsnads

Seems like he's taking a stand and refusing to change his carefully laid out plans because of the FA's bad planning. Not sure how I feel about that to be honest.

7. Irishkop96

The winter break everyone agreed too with the PL.. saints and spurs won't be coming out with that crap.

8. BallyfermotReds

BallyfermotReds Well-Known Member

Not happy about the decision to not play the 1 team in the replay, agree the organisation of this has been a joke but we should have put the game to bed today so only ourselves to blame for holiday getting cut short.

9. babbsnads

I'm still a bit lost mate. Who are you criticising here?

10. glen

glen Well-Known Member

With the league already won I was hoping we’d go all out for the cup but klopp isn’t arsed. All focus on resting the champions league from here .

11. dantheman23

I agree with Klopp to be honest. They've already fucked us off in the league cup and now want us to play during a winter break they advised us to respect and not arrange any friendlies, then they expect him to scrap all that cos of a fucking shit replay.

There shouldn't be cup replays end of.
    Make the draw and if a lower league team get drawn at home they should get preference whether they play at home or get their pay day and play away.
    Game to be played to a conclusion on one day.

Joedared likes this.
  12. Irishkop96

Sorry didn't make it clear. Klopp.
    I understand he making stand against fa etc.. we can go for fa cup as well

13. ROCCO

ROCCO Well-Known Member

Honestly some of them need games anyway

14. dantheman23

The FA are cool though?

15. Pfoley

Pfoley Well-Known Member

In fairness I don't agree with replays in the Cup but it was always the case of a replay this round and the reply to be one of the weeks before the next round. Maybe is West ham wasnt rearranged so quick this week would have been an option but it does seem like cutting off ur nose to spite your face. It won't be the league team starting just mix it up and don't cause all the crap... Was warming to the idea of the treble too...

16. blackbetty69

blackbetty69 Well-Known Member

Fair play to Klopp for sticking to his guns. Will be good to have the young lads get another run out at Anfield, but Shrewsbury will be well up for this and won’t be easily beaten.

17. GaryMc

GaryMc Super Moderator

Be interesting to what the club do about this ticket wise with auto cup scheme. Should be a fiver

18. dantheman23

I presume the players would have been promised time off, time I feel they deserve for what they've achieved.
    Yes they ballsed up tonight but I don't think they should cancel holiday plans or whatever to play a replay during a period they were asked to respect their break.

Great experience for the kids and should still have a good chance of progressing.

Pfoley and Niall like this.
  19. Colm75

Colm75 Subscriber

This was coming a mile off once the Winter break was announced. Scheduling Cup 4th round replays in the middle of it was never going to end well. Have mixed feelings as well but understand why Klopp would opt to give the the senior players the rest that they're entitled to.

GaryMc and Niall like this.
  20. babbsnads

I'm assuming the original post accusing him of using it as an excuse was just the wrong choice of words then. His decision is doing exactly what it says on the tin. The FA and the PL asked that the winter break be respected. He set out his plans accordingly and is not prepared to change them because they made a bollocks of it. I'm still not sure if I think he's doing the right thing or not but he's not making excuses,he's telling everybody out straight how things are.

Niall likes this.
  21. GaryMc

GaryMc Super Moderator

Wonder what he means by Senior players?
    Will Jones and Elliot play ?