This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

City Home - 10 Nov

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by GaryMc, Nov 6, 2019.

1. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Going to be serious hype going into this one.

Have a feeling VAR is going to play a part in this game.

Chamberlain is really pushing for a start however think Klopp will go with the 11 that almost picks itself.

Gomez or Lovren and Henderson or Chamberlain the only potential places up for grabs if everyone is fit.

2. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I think Lovren and Henderson win both of those battles at the moment with relative ease!

babbsnads likes this.
  3. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Could see Milner if Henderson not fit , lovren should get the nod over Gomez

4. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

Kenny Cunningham wants Henderson in to replace Fabinho for the holding role. Go to about 7:20.

Don't think this is very likely.

5. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

He hasn’t a breeze. Doubt he has watched that many Liverpool games lately. Henderson does a lot of heavy running however Fabinho places himself in positions so he doesn’t have to make lung bursting runs chasing people baxkZ

gowinit6times likes this.
  6. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

That's it for me, I don't want to sound like I'm being critical of Henderson because I'm not but I feel like Fabinho has game level intelligence that you just can't teach. In the right place always and has this amazing ability to just get his awkward legs to the ball when it looks like he's got no right to get there. He also looks like he's going to be easy to brush aside but he seems to have remarkable strength too.

gowinit6times likes this.
  7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I love Henderson and I think hes just as intelligent a footballer as Fabinho but they're different players and it's not even a contest between him and Fabinho in that role. Kenny Cunningham is talking nonsense but it's not rare among PL pundits and it's not entirely their fault. You look at the MOTD lads,they're watching 4 or 5 matches at once,theres no way they're getting the full picture and it shows in their analysis. They'll highlight a couple of examples of a point they want to make that often bares no resemblance to what's actually gone on. They also realise that profile is important and to stand out you sometimes need to make a splash with an out there opinion. This week we've had Jamie O'Hara telling us McTominay is better than Henderson and Cunningham telling us Henderson is better than Fabinho.

GaryMc and gowinit6times like this.
  8. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

If we are still 6 points clear after this game I’d be made up. If we win 9 points is a massive lead and I fancy us to score a couple against that city defence.

9. gowinit6times

gowinit6times
    Expand Collapse

I think Henderson is better suited to a role on the right of midfield where you can get the most out of his attacking capabilities. He is not best served playing as a deep lying midfielder as he isn't great receiving the ball with his back to goal although defensively he can do a job. I think that Fabinho is our best player in that role. I'd be very surprised if it's not Fabinho, with Henderson on the right and Wijnaldum on the left in the midfield 3 for Sunday's game. Cunningham knows this and perhaps he is trying to build it up for an 'I told you so' if Fabinho doesn't perform on Sunday.

Maybe I have him totally wrong but Kenny Cunningham comes across as a bit of a know it all, but these pundits know that it will stoke a reaction if they say something controversial concerning a big team. It keeps them in the news and maybe you're right and that's what this is all about. The fact that we are even talking about him probably only reinforces the point.

redabbey and babbsnads like this.
  10. Dubfan

Dubfan
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Don't find Cunningham the worst most of the time, can be a bit of a dog with a bone but I think he is a Man U fan so not sure he is not a bit clouded when it comes to us.

11. padski08

padski08
    Expand Collapse
    YNWA

This won’t be the game that Allison gets his first clean sheet of that season, but I also can’t see our unbeaten record going

I would predict 2-2. With a crazy 6 weeks coming up, I would take our current lead going into it.

12. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Ederson subbed at half time. Hopefully ruled out of Sunday

13. mike

mike
    Expand Collapse

Things are going from bad to worse for them here tonight

14. glen

glen
    Expand Collapse

Bravo sent off now

15. mike

mike
    Expand Collapse

Kyle walker going in goal ☺

16. Pfoley

Pfoley
    Expand Collapse

I don't think a draw is a good result here iv always said we need to beat them in one of the head to heads this year. We should forget about the 6 point lead and go at them, last year's game at Anfield we and them in fairness looked happy take a draw. Think we will treat this one differently. Reckon we win by 3-1.

prettyboylfc81 likes this.
  17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

We've had a tougher start than they have and we're 6 points clear so while I'd love a win I think it's fair to say a draw would be a decent result.

redabbey likes this.
  18. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

We need to win this, we are 100% dropping points after we come back from Qatar. 9 points is a great cushion, 6 or 3 is fuck all really, could be gone in a week. We're at home to a weakened challenger, anything other than 3 points will be disappointing.

vodkacolly likes this.
  19. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

We've definitely had the tougher start but with an upcoming fixture pileup coupled with a smaller squad, it makes me think anything other than a win will see Citeh edge back as favourites for the season overall. On the flip side, if we do win, a deflated Citeh face Chelsea in their next league game. Really massive game. I think we smell blood and Pep's nice guy image slipping to show his shit house tactics this week is all the incentive we need.

vodkacolly likes this.
  20. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Let's fcukin do em :)