This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Liverpool v Everton Sunday 2:15 KO

Discussion in 'Match Day (Closed)' started by ROCCO, Dec 7, 2017.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

As in a reminder not to be complacent.

2. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Ah right, I think the chances of Klopp allowing anyone being complacent for a derby are between slim and none.

3. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

Me too but another practical reminder won't do any harm. Belt and braces:)

4. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I'd say it's Klopps favourite game of the season, he thrives on madness and this is what it's all about. Funny one though because we probably want this game to settle down because we're the far better team as long as it's a football match and not just a helter skelter affair.

babbsnads likes this.
  5. Colm75

Colm75
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Always the optimist Glen. Providing that we do the business tomorrow any result in the other game will be good for us and won't be overly bothered on the outcome.

glen likes this.
  6. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

Any more word on the weather forecast for tomorrow?

7. Dub13

Dub13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

A lot of lads will be keeping an eye on the Met website tonight.

8. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Very interested to see the lineup for today, some big questions.

Both full backs could go either way but I expect a practical selection in Milner and Gomez (experience and height being my rationale).

Middle could go any way, I expect Philippe to remain there with Can and Hendo but maybe a trio of Hendo, Wjinaldum and Can would be more robust with Coutinho on the front left with either Salah or Mane rested.

Some big calls to be made, statement of intent from Klopp if he plays the Fab four though I do feel Salah will need a rest at some point.

9. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Seems to be very little snow if any in Liverpool

10. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Milner starting in midfield. 4 of the back 5 picks itself imo- Mingolet Gomez Lovren Klavan and for LB I'll take a guess at Robertson but also wouldn't be surprised if Milner starts there for the game that's in it. Hard to know what Klopp will do with regards to the rest of the line up but there will be a couple very disappointed not to be playing in this one.

11. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Think the only option is Wijnaldum or Can , the rest picks it’s self

12. Stevie S

Stevie S
    Expand Collapse

Yep. While it will be nice to have 1 of the front 4 fresh to destroy West Brom they won't be happy this afternoon. Unless he plays them all today and has one if his madder selections on Wednesday

babbsnads likes this.
  13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

It might not necessarily be one of the front 4 missing out,the likes of Can and Wijnaldum wouldn't be happy either but it could easily be and I think the way he's rotating is correct.A more traditional way of doing it is to pick games against so called lesser teams and rest 3 or 4 of what you'd consider "the first 11" but this way you maintain a strong 11 in every game.Obviously there will always be an element of who you're playing when setting your stall out but having the squad now and the balls to rest players when their body needs it rather than holding off for a game where rotation is normally considered more acceptable,keeps the intensity of our play higher which probably makes up for the loss of any particular player/players to the 11, ie. a player on the fringes at 90-100% freshness brings as much to the table as a first choice player at 70-80% and theoretically it should mean less injuries.

There's also the bonus that players who probably wouldn't be in the definitive best 11 are playing often enough and in big enough games to feel they're playing an important part in things which keeps morale up. It's a tough balance to strike and if you're not winning you'll get criticised for resting players for what are considered the big games but if a manager has the squad and courage to do it,I think it makes sense.

14. Melion

Melion
    Expand Collapse

Id rather he went full on attack in this, play the 4 lads with Wij and Can as the other 2 in midfield and then rest some against West Brom.

A friend of mine messaged me earlier asking for my opinion for his bets for today. I told him either we completely blow them away and win comfortably by 3 or 4 or else Allardyce completely spoils the game from the first whistle with fouls and time wasting. They will be a threat from set pieces but apart from that, I'm not expecting much.

15. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Where's Henderson in your lineup? He's the only player Klopp had said is 100% starting.

First really interesting lineup in a while for me today, balls out he goes with Coutinho in the middle with the usual suspects up top but a more pragmatic game plan would see Gini, Can and Hendo in the middle. Left full will be telling too, Milner the "safe" option.

16. Melion

Melion
    Expand Collapse

Oh I didn't watch the presser so didn't know that about Hendo. No problem with him playing alongside Gigi while Can takes a break. Not really right to bench your captain for the derby I suppose.

17. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Yeah he actually said it after he rested Henderson against Spartak so it was on Wednesday evening. I expect you're right that Can will be rested but I've a small expectation that Coutinho may not be favoured in the middle in this one. Maybe Milner might come in, Klopp might fancy his vast league experience.

18. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Didn’t see Coutinho in any training photos show since Wednesday’s game

19. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Was not aware of that, didn't he pull up at one stage in the game after a blocked shot. He looked yo have run it off but maybe something small there.

20. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Robertson has to play. If Milner said he didn't want to be left back then you can't reward that with 4 or 5 starts, he has to be a back up midfielder. Anything other than will destroy Robertson.