This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Ticket info/questions/discussions

Discussion in 'Tickets' started by xRedmanLFCx, Feb 21, 2019.

1. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Nice move by them, get more members to join for next year with cheaper price. Then with hope in their hearts for next seasons sale dates see their dreams get crushed and not a sniff of a ticket in both sales.

#561 LFCRebel, May 6, 2021
    Last edited: May 6, 2021
  2. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Actually with the ballot system everyone not on 13 credits all have an equal chance of tickets for every game, so it technically opens up what was seemingly a closed shop.

3. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

I feel for people on 10,11 and 12 credits though.

4. Niall

Niall
    Expand Collapse

I pray to god we can go in August now.

dk.lfc, Fran74 and 77kop05 like this.
  5. Dfitzpatrick

Dfitzpatrick
    Expand Collapse

Harsh on people who may have had low credits in 18/19, got themselves up there in 19/20 and now they have the same chance as someone who signs up in the next 2 months. Always be flaws whatever way its done and I know the club need to have something there to sell just a kick in the teeth for a lot of people.

6. Kealan oneill

Kealan oneill
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone,
    Just looking for some advice. I have 4 Memberships which all have 9 games from 2018/19. However in the 2019/20 season I never got a sniff of a ticket and obviously this season no one could buy. I’ve paid out €240 over the last two seasons for nothing and I’ve paused my 2020/21 memberships for the moment. Is there any point in paying again this season or is there a decent chance of getting to even one or two games?

7. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Same here, tough for anyway to have the rug pulled from under them after being told this was the way for years.

Very harsh indeed, but it's also been harsh on any new members that have joined in the last few years that haven't been able to get a single ticket, the system has been flawed for years, and this new system is flawed as well. But we've known for awhile that the club have wanted to increase memberships and decrease the number of people on 13+ credits.The new mobile phone/ID measures coming in, and the ticket swapping changes are all to get that number down. Ultimately more people will get access to tickets than before, which overall should be a positive, less tickets for touts etc. But we'll see how it actually plays out.

As I've said above, you might have more of a chance to get a ticket this upcoming season than previous ones. At least now it's just a balot rather than needing to queue for hours and still not get anything.

Kealan oneill likes this.
  8. cantish

cantish
    Expand Collapse

I have 4 credits from 2018/2019.

Does anyone know if I am correct in thinking that those 4+ sales for the Cat A games are now gone and I am in the same boat as members with 0 credits for the 21/22 season.

9. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Based on the information we have available to us at the moment, yes that is exactly how it'll work. Basically it's 13+ and everyone else.

cantish likes this.
  10. IrishCan

IrishCan
    Expand Collapse

It’s gonna affect the lads who regularly go to between 5-12 games a season most. Depending on the ballot that could drop significantly. Although on the flip-side, it will mean more access to fans who were previously shut out which is what FSG want especially now that the amount of US and Far Eastern visitors will drop for the foreseeable future.
    Don’t think it will put a stop to touting as they cannot guarantee one membership card per fan. The individuals/groups with hundreds of membership cards at their disposal will still be able to access the ballot. The touts will add you as one of the 20 permitted friends/family on the account after you pay them and will then transfer the ticket to your account. Obviously an organised gang with thousands of memberships will have a much higher chance in the ballot than one member with one card.

11. liamo3

liamo3
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

The 20 friends and family have to be submitted before the start of the season. So the touts are going to have to do some amount of selling and organising. I personally think it will hamper them going forward and based on the soundbites after 21/22 passing on tickets and holding onto credits will become a lot more difficult.

12. cantish

cantish
    Expand Collapse

What I feared . Bit of a disaster , had 8 last year , would have been nice if I could have access to the Cat A 4+. Had most success in that over the years. At least my F5 days during work look to be numbered.

13. IrishCan

IrishCan
    Expand Collapse

Depends on how often and when they are going to do the ballots. Sounds like you”ll be able to “register your interest” for a game once the fixture list is released.
    They could either possibly, just do 2 giant ballots in mid-July and November based on the preferences provided or hold a ballot approx. 3 weeks before every home game.
    I’ve a feeling they will do a big ballot for convenience sake before the season starts and then also have a late availability/returns ballot closer to the game. If the tickets are allocated before August it will allow the touts to sort out their family&friends list.

14. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Anyone with the 13+ credits from 18/19 should be very happy with this announcement. No pressure to collect credits next season while knowing 18/19 credit's stay live for following season. The 20 F&F set up is a sound idea. Should see a lot of local supporters and families finding it easier to come by tickets which can only be a good thing. Seems relatively fair all round but feel for those that were going well building credits before covid hit.

15. oscar1

oscar1
    Expand Collapse

Just inquiring does anyone know if you can transfer the ticket for a particular game from your phone registered with the club to a friends phone who isn't a registered member?.or how does the nfc ticket actually work,,can the ticket be forwarded the same as you send a text or email etc..

16. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

On the Interview with someone from the club a few weeks ago on The Anfield Wrap, I think everyone will need to be registered with the club as they need to know who is the stadium but they don’t need to be a member. That pod was pulled a few days later so not sure if there was some inaccurate parts in it.

sounds to be that the person who buys the ticket keeps the credit if that is the system. If that is case that means the 13+ system will be a closed shop. The chances for someone with less than 13 to get 13 ballots would be close to zero.

unless of course if you transfer to a non member on your list, no one gets a credit. I have 13+ so if you kept the credit if it’s a non member, you’d only transfer to a non member.

Delighted myself with the announcement that Liam predicted that the credits for next season won’t be used for 22/23 as doubt it would be straight forward to go from August this year

xRedmanLFCx likes this.
  17. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

18. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

I think the new credit system for next season is unfair on those who had 1-12 credits in 2018/19 or 2019/20, and very unfair on those who had 13 in 2019/20.

prettyboylfc81 likes this.
  19. IanoM7

IanoM7
    Expand Collapse

So anyone who auto renewed there membership will be done this week and then we can manually renew sometime in June?

20. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Mine auto renewed yesterday.

just looked into the ticket portal for first time in forever and it’s absolutely shocking to move around. It’s like a bad college project website. Hopefully just a temporary couple of pages until they get proper system up and running for next season.