This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

The Snooker

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Dub13, May 7, 2012.

1. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Trump hasnt been his usual electric self - seems to be easing through, and has a lot more in reserve.

TBH you could make a case for any of the final 8.

Selby is playing as well as he has for the past 2-3 years
    Murphy is playing BETTER than he has in years and his cue action is rock solid - a big help under presure
    McGill now has the experience of wining and losing a final frame decider in the Crucible and again is playing very well
    Robertson - the pure scoring power he has makes him my favorite
    Wilson - Fancy him to bag a world title, but maybe not this year simply because of his side of the draw
    Mark Williams - firmly believe he can win it, if he wants to. one of my favorite players to watch

and finally Stuart Bingham....quietly going along, doing his business. Could be a fairytale ending for him. Going from World Champion to having to qualify to being world champion again

Joedared likes this.
  2. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Great summing up in above post.

3. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Last session of the final is starting tonight . Selby ahead by a couple of frames . Would like to see Murphy win it, as he is kinda the underdog, but would be happy with a 18-17 game either.

Murphy needs to get the first two frames I think to have any chance .

4. Roll on 19

Roll on 19
    Expand Collapse

Well Murphy has form for reeling of a rake of frames in the tournament this year.
    Ronnie wasnt too happy with Selby not calling the respot of the brown when he was using the extended spider and then swan neck before finally hitting a red using just the rest. Selby couldnt hit the cue ball anywhere except going over the top of the brown the first and second time, and then on the 3rd attempt he could suddenly hit the cue ball on the right hand side. Having said that, the ref asks both players if they are happy with the placement, and obviously Murphy said he was.

Like Ron, would like to see Murphy win. Selby tends to take too long over shots for my liking, and he's never happier than when he's chasing 4 snookers, granted a part of the game but he seems to play on from impossible positions and you have to wonder if he does it purely to put his opponent off

5. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Weird seeing a full house in the arena.

6. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

Really enjoyed it this year for the 1st time in years. Last year was absolutely shite.

Wanted Murphy to win just because of his links to Dublin but wasn’t to be. Selby is absolutely quality and a deserved winner.

mushypea likes this.
  7. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Selby is good. A grinder.
    But so so boring.

8. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

What was murphy thinking of going for that red along the cushion, madness.
    Had a great chance of getting it back to 17-16.

9. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I wanted Murphy to win it too, at least he made a game of it in the last few frames. Selby was obviously very good and a deserved winner but there was so many times in loose balls that Selby managed to escape fcking up by the ball falling in a way that Murphy didn't have a shot. I guess you need the run of the ball to win a final and Selby got it.