This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

League of Ireland

Discussion in 'Football Chat' started by born red 79, Apr 23, 2009.

1. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Bohs bang in trouble now, they could be in the bottom 2 this weekend.

2. liverpool4life

liverpool4life
    Expand Collapse

3. Gerry

Gerry
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

4. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

R.I.P. Alan Keely, terrible news that. Sound lad.

5. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Desperate news that only 38 and a fit lad too.

6. mushypea

mushypea
    Expand Collapse

Really enjoying this podcast Gerry. I completely lost touch with our own league here years ago and would class myself as the mildest of Shels fan so I can relate a good bit to the London lad as basically looking to pay much more of an interest again. Fairplay to them.

7. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

The second round of games starts this weekend, I'm quite happy where the Hoops are at present :) Still a lot more to come from this group I feel.

Breaking a record held since 1927 for consecutive unbeaten games in the league is some achievement by Mr Bradley and the chaps, superb stuff.

Tough one tomorrow with the 'Luas derby' in junkieville, I would expect it to be quite similar to the first game of the season with Pat's playing more on the counter, they certainly did that to a tee in tallafornia and almost bagged all three points on the night, could literally go either way.

Sheedy and Co finally fooked off from waaadafud, about a month too late, I fully suspect we will see an asterisk beside their name before the end of the season. Lee Power is making an absolute jokeshop of a once-proud club. I'm guessing the fans are hoping he gets the fudge out of dodge asap.

The fun never stops in craptown, looks like Magilton will stay on for a few more games until the insane owner brings in some other bizarre group of coaches, before he inevitably does a disappearing act.

8. DalglishGold

DalglishGold
    Expand Collapse

Good interview with Shane Keegan on Newstalk last night.

He seems like a decent guy. He was very embarrassed about the whole situation where he was rolled out as manager when Mario & Luigi were clearly calling the shots.

9. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Heard on the radio earlier that Waterford had to field their under 19 team today in their game against Drogheda cos of covid, that's ridiculous.

D7Hooper likes this.
  10. D7Hooper

D7Hooper
    Expand Collapse

Same thing happened to Cabo, they had to stand down their first team, but as it was on the day of the game, they didn't forfeit the points, waaadafud were told to field their U19's or face a 3 point penalty and fine. Agreed, fookin ridiculous. #greatestleagueintheworld

The Late Late show rolls on for the Hoops ;) Good man Danny, very even contest, we had been getting on top in the closing stages, but it looked to have fizzled out, but fair play to this bunch, they just keep going.

dundaaaaalk decided to bring their players out on the piss in Belfast, breaking Covid rules on Inter-County travel, be interesting to see what, if anything comes of that.
    They should all be punished, by being made to stay at dundaaaalk for the season ;)

11. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

I would've told them to fcuk off and take the fine, a 7-0 home defeat does nobody at the club any good.