This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Bajcetic

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by £6.50, Feb 13, 2023.

1. £6.50

£6.50
    Expand Collapse

This lad could be an absolute monster of a player
    Great performance in his 1st derby

2. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

Agree, and he was at it right until he was subbed - really got stuck into some tackles, no fear factor.

Played some great passes too - my only concern is that he persisted with a few back heel flicks, which went ok tonight, but which could be a problem for us when they go wrong just outside our own penalty area.

3. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Usually with a guy his age your hoping they'll come in and do the basics right and lean on the older players to feel your way in. This guy came straight in and started influencing games, not getting too carried away but very few spring to mind in that position who played as well at that age, Fabregas springs to mind.

sligo fan likes this.
  4. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

I was reading your post, and I was thinking to myself "Fabregas", then I see you had the same thought.
    Stick a little bit of bulk on him and he'll be a monster. Very exciting talent.

sligo fan likes this.
  5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

A player at the start of the transfer window we didn't realise we had. We either saw him as one for the future or gave him no thought at all. We could have spent 50 or 60 million on a midfielder and not be getting as much out of him as we are this lad. I'm not saying we don't still need midfielders,obviously we do but there's loads of people who would be happier if that was the case despite the fact it would be a worse situation overall. Its a weird trait with some supporters these days. It's the same with our transfer business in general. If we'd spent 200 million more on the squad we have and ended up with the exact same level of players, the club would get far less criticism.

Obviously I know we could have the new 60 million pound midfielder and Bajcetic(although I think Klopp was forced to fast track him into side) and its possible we could have spent 200m more and had a better squad,but that's not the point. It's that there's a huge amount of fans who care so much about the club solving problems by spending big money, that they'd be happier to end up no better off in terms of squad quality,and worse off in terms of finances.

6. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

It'd be a huge call but he's playing his way in to starting next week against Madrid, not a hope hendo and fab are getting through 3 games in 9 days.

7. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I think it's a no brainer, he starts against Madrid. Pick our best 11 and he's in it without a shadow of a doubt. Everybody else is battling to see who gets to play with him as far as I'm concerned. If any of them want to change that,then they'll have to do it with their form,not their reputation because it will count for fuck all against Real Madrid.

8. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

Agree he starts v Madrid

Looks very composed for his age , don’t see the occasion or the opposition make him any more nervous than any other player on the night .

9. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

You often see in times of crisis that opportunities come up. Wonder does he start this weekend away to Newcastle. It’s a massive game and could set the tone for the rest of the league season. Win and top four is alive, draw its still achievable, however and he’s going to be very hard to not only pass Newcastle, but all those in between

10. ROCCO

ROCCO
    Expand Collapse

DB668373-3F9F-40A0-928E-8C4299096AAE.jpeg

F0246F67-D47B-4A46-9B4C-366B70837CD5.jpeg

smarten likes this.
  11. D-Red2

D-Red2
    Expand Collapse

Phenomenal talent. The levels this kid is hitting at his age is surreal. I think we’ve all seen amazing young forwards and full backs and all where you can have more freedom and less responsibility to the team and it’s a more forgiving position, but it’s unusual to see someone so young look so at home in such big games in central midfield as this kid.
    He’s dominating midfield at an age when you have no right to do that.
    Even Stevie wasn’t doing this at his age, he was RM initially and no real cm dominant displays at that age.
    Plus there’s no real hint of obvious strengths v weakness yet, he just looks very well rounded and everything seems natural to him.
    Amazing talent. It’s early days obviously and we’ve all seen great things turn sour at various clubs, look at Delle Alli etc. But from early knockings this young fella looks very very interesting

#11 D-Red2, Feb 17, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  12. Skintown Red

Skintown Red
    Expand Collapse

I’d say Tyler Morton is looking in enviously at his ride to fame.

Could save us 100mil in the market.

13. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

14. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

He was my MOTM last night. Wolves couldn't stay close to him so when they got near they just kicked him. He was also fouled for the free kick that led to our first goal. What a player he could turn out to be.

15. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

One of his outstanding attributes is the ability to take position with his back to goal in midfield, one touch or even a drop of shoulder and he is facing goal by 1 or even two players. At his very best Thiago is a master it. I remember Fabregas at a young age at Arsenal was brilliant too. Zidane another one who stands out with that ability. The problem is (and we saw in against Madrid), there are going to be times where it doesn’t come off, a player gets a Nick on it or a players come from nowhere to smash him.

Really exciting prospect, definitely the best since Trent

IrishCan likes this.
  16. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

If he can cut out the sloppy passes and easy giving up of possession he'll be some player, only 18 so no reason at all why he wont

17. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

Out for season.. will be missed. Crazy amount of injuries

18. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

That is a real blow, only League games left and I’d have started him in every one.
    Hopefully back fully fit for start of next season

19. xRedmanLFCx

xRedmanLFCx
    Expand Collapse

Big blow.

20230316_125451.jpg

20. sligo fan

sligo fan
    Expand Collapse

That's a shame - based on his performances so far this season, he would have been a big help in our fight for a top 4 spot.

Hope he makes a full recovery and returns at the same level of performance