This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by edcarroll02, Mar 10, 2020.

1. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

They're at over 10 thousand cases a day in The Netherlands now,the highest its ever been there. Without getting into the nuances of testing,hospitalisations etc. ,surely that puts an end to any arguments it's a seasonal illness?

2. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Yes it certainly does, this Delta Variant is smashing everyone right now, everything that worked before is being stretched here in terms of social distancing etc, they've reliable case transmission from people just walking past each other (indoors no masks in fairness). Case numbers are going to sky rocket again.

In other news I've done the world a service on the impact of a single Pfizer vaccine on having a truck load of booze and can confirm it's efficacy is 0%. Current HSE guidelines indicates more beer is the only approved treatment option.

3. bobby benitez

bobby benitez
    Expand Collapse

Minister Catherine Martin on the radio just now taking about the reopening of indoor dining. Uninspiring on so many levels. You're listening and wondering are these people we have running our country?

4. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

I haven't heard in any of the reports on tv/radio how they're going to manage the toilet situation when indoor dining reopens, are indoor and outdoor diners going to be using the same toilets?

STEVE1978 likes this.
  5. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

They'd have to. It will be no different to what's happening now with outside dining except that some of the people using the toilet will come from a table inside instead of outside.

6. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I hope to God we are not walking ourselves into setting the whole country back six months, and I'm not saying we are, I honestly don't know. The evidence from a lot of countries that opened ahead of us seems to be that they are reversing or entering back into various levels of restrictions again, our slow approach might have been right but only if we learn from the mistakes of others. If we follow on and suffer the same consequences it is pointless. There is massive pressure to open up but I'm not sure if it is in the face of another mounting storm. Another lock down will break so many people economically and mentally. There would be widespread backlash. Just seems like we are at a potential pivotal point at the moment.

7. Irishkop96

Irishkop96
    Expand Collapse

France doing this too

8. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

9. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

I know everybody is up in arms about the "Nazi,Apartheid" policy of having to have been vaccinated to eat and drink inside of a pub that turns all unvaccinated people into "Rosa Parks" ,but this is by far the most serious allegation the government are facing.

10. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

I think that happened in New York as well.
    Crazy stuff.

babbsnads likes this.
  11. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

I think it happened in every country in the world, if you look at the numbers around Europe it's shocking the number of deaths associated with nursing homes. I don't know what procedures, if any, they had in place to deal with it but they took a decision that it was more important to clear down hospital beds to deal with incoming Covid cases rather than keeping older patients in a more suitable environment where they had some protections in place. As far as I remember at the time nursing homes didn't even have PPE gear available.

The Rosa parks thing out of someone yesterday was embarrassing too, it always amazes me how tone deaf people who have their every comment scrutinised by the media can be, perhaps a lot of the time they realise the attention they'll get for it and that's why they do it because I find it hard to believe they can be idiotic enough to genuinely not consider how poorly received it will be but our elected officials don't cover themselves in glory on a lot of topics so perhaps I'm giving them too much credit that they've thought something through.

vodkacolly likes this.
  12. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

could be wrong because I haven't been paying too much attention to it but I thought people were up in arms because a section of unvaccinated people are being allowed in to indoor drinking and dining settings.

13. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

The list of things people are up in arms about is huge, a lot of it reasonably so. That's on the list too.

14. LFCRebel

LFCRebel
    Expand Collapse

Accountability will be zero as per usual unfortunately.

15. diceyreilly

diceyreilly
    Expand Collapse

I reckon they are doing this to get people who are on the fence over getting the vaccine it might just twist their arm into getting it.

Irishkop96 and GaryMc like this.
  16. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

been on hold for over an hour trying to get my recovery cert, great craic altogether. just as well it's a free phone number or I would've hung up long ago.
    edit: just rang the number for registering to get the vaccine to see how long I'd be on hold and I got through straight away. :)

#1336 SUPERFAN, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  17. babbsnads

babbsnads
    Expand Collapse

18. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Absolute respect for that kind of conviction in your complete and utter unfounded opinions on something particularly in the face of your own health having suffered on account of it. You can't fight stupid no matter how much scientific evidence you throw at it, you're losing as soon as you start.

19. vodkacolly

vodkacolly
    Expand Collapse

To be fair, there's nothing worse than having an agenda shoved down your throat.
    I like the way they described him as a hunter so you know he's not just stupid but a c*nt as well.

LFCRebel likes this.
  20. Liverpool-law

Liverpool-law
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

You would think the Republicans would start telling all their supporters to get vaccinated. It's really in their best interests, if all the dumbest fuckers die, they're never getting back in power, electoral college or not.

GaryMc likes this.