This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Amazon fire tv stick

Discussion in 'Computers/Gadgets' started by leonsdaddy, Jun 24, 2015.

1. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Runs both mate, actually comes with an ethernet adapter which I didn't know, they're about €15 to buy so nice bonus.

Garrett likes this.
  2. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Very nice, where you buy yours from ?

3. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Off Amazon the other day, it was 33% off.
    Think it's back to full price now.

GaryMc likes this.
  4. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

It's Amazon's own brand Fire TV Cube just in case anyone wasn't sure what Willie was on about. They're a great bit of kit. They've been down as low as £70 and are currently at £110 so I'd hold off for a little bit unless you find a good deal.

Garrett and GaryMc like this.
  5. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

The Amazon Fire TV Cube is currently on sale at it's lowest price ever of £59.99 down from £109.99

Garrett and Pool4Life like this.
  6. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

That's a no brainer at that price.

7. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

I'm getting it purely so the young lad (4) can use the TV by himself. He already asks alexa to play songs, work the lights for him and what time is it oh and doing fart noises. We were woken up this morning at 5am by him telling us "Alexa said it's 5 oclock, that's not night night time, lets go downstairs"

8. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

Just thought I'd throw this in here, a great way of getting live PL football for peanuts. Signed up for it last weekend and I have to say it was spot on. Taken from boards.ie.
    I registered through the app, seemed to be having trouble with the website.

This will suit some people. SSport+ Turkey have premiership/La Liga/Bundesliga/UFC McGregor etc/F1/WWF/MotoGP/pro bull riding/volleybalk/NFL/NBA/some movies plus catchup
    Cost is approx €2 per month or €18.50 per year. If you like the month and want a year, you cancel and resub for year when the months sub expires.
    Requirements: VPN that has turkey and the app (e.g. keepsolid VPN which is usually on offer for cheap as a lifetime package)

a) register an account using a VPN to Turkey https://www.ssportplus.com/ or go to step 2 and do step 1 through the app
    b) use the app which you must install as an apk https://apkpure.com/s-.../com.ssportplus.dice If you don't know how to install an unknown source, google it.
    c) Using a VPN, log into the app, click on any of the padlocked video streams which will then give you the option of a package monthly vs annual. google play subscriptions will then take care of it, via US dollars. It should cost about 2.45 dollars which is about 2 euro a month.
    One user did say they got the regular card payment page to work but most of us got errors.
    You can choose English language for most events.

Dub13, elvis, Honda and 1 other person like this.
  9. Honda

Honda
    Expand Collapse

Damn I missed it. Its meant to be alot faster than the fire stick too.

10. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

It is indeed way faster, it's a great bit of kit, it's a fully functioning Echo device too. It'll be on sale again probably next month, just keep an eye out. Also if I notice it's on sale I'll post here too and tag you.

Honda likes this.
  11. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

Just signed up to this, was very handy to do. Thanks for sharing.

SUPERFAN likes this.
  12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Prime day so you are thinking of getting a fire stick or tv cube, today is the day. The 4K Firestick I got a while back is a serious bit of kit. Use it with projector.

13. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

fire cube for £60 is an absolute steal, if you can find a way around the uk only shipping it's well worth buying.

14. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

You can still use the UK address with An Posts Address Pal service. Takes longer though as they examine everything for customs, and you'll likely have a charge to pay, but it still works.

Even factoring in this cost and potential customs charges it still works out a good price for a great piece of kit.

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/how-it-works

15. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

elvis likes this.
  16. Shane_90

Shane_90
    Expand Collapse
    Formerly Fowler-9-

Need to buy a firestick so looking today, can anyone who understands them advise on difference between the cube and the stickl?

Or failing that tell me what is the best one to buy on Amazon for bang for me buck!!

17. SUPERFAN

SUPERFAN
    Expand Collapse

the sticks are grand but since I got the cube I find my iptv loads much quicker and lags/freezes a lot less. bbc iplayer works on the cube with a vpn, doesn't on the stick (not for me anyway).
    you can't buy the cube here but Argos sell the sticks now, a couple of family members have bought the new lite stick recently and it's spot on for iptv.
    https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8024459/Trail/searchtext>AMAZON+.htm

elvis likes this.
  18. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Thinking of getting myself the Fire Cube. Have noticed on the Fire Stick downstairs the sound kinda lags a bit at times . It’s just not on IPTV , but on YouTube too. So hoping this upgrade will work.

Internet is fine as it’s running at about 30 mb download and Ping is very low.

If anyone spots a deal like the £60-£70 ones which were posted a few months ago can you post it please.

Cheers

19. Ron1892

Ron1892
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Lads I’ve got a good IPTV provider which I pay €50 for the year for. Had no issues so far.

Have a second one which I’ve really only used for back up these days, but it’s a €100 a year .

Anyone have a recommendation for a cheaper back up please . Message me if you can please . Using my current subs on the fire stick.

20. edcarroll02

edcarroll02
    Expand Collapse

Is this just a sub you're paying in case the other one doesn't work on a given day? Just curious as I've only ever had the one and thankfully never had any issue.