This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Fantasy Premier League

Discussion in 'General LFC Discussion' started by ManagerXI, Jul 20, 2015.

1. ManagerXI

ManagerXI
    Expand Collapse

I have set up a private league on fantasy.premierleague.com that anyone can join.

To make things more interesting I will give a Liverpool jersey to the winner of the league.

Private League Code: 461204-116154

Link to join automatically: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/116154/join/?autojoin-code=461204-116154

Clyne at 5.5 could rack up a lot of assists and should be decent value for money. We will have to see if Henderson can score a lot of points with Gerrards departure and Milners introduction into midfield.

2. jonnylpfc

jonnylpfc
    Expand Collapse
    Shankly

is this free to join ?

3. ManagerXI

ManagerXI
    Expand Collapse

Yes its free jonny. Should be a bit of craic for the first few weeks anyway until a few lads pull away from the rest and things start becoming serious.

4. Joedared

Joedared
    Expand Collapse

Is this just for IK members?

5. ManagerXI

ManagerXI
    Expand Collapse

There is no way to keep a free to enter league with a code posted on a forum to just members of that forum but I hope if I don't win the league that the winner is a regular poster here.

6. Murph

Murph
    Expand Collapse

I have just tried to join and it said I'm already in it but I'm not, well it's not showing on my leagues list

7. Murph

Murph
    Expand Collapse

I'm in but looks like all of Europe have joined haha

8. Garrett

Garrett
    Expand Collapse

The good thing about that is, less risk of coming last mate ;) :D

9. ManagerXI

ManagerXI
    Expand Collapse

A new signing by Stoke that might have slipped by without being noticed is Stokes signing of Ibrahim Afellay from Barcelona. Once one of Europes brightest prospects he didn't get much game time at Barca and spent last season on loan at Olympiacos. The 29 year old attacking winger loves to dribble past opponents and cut inside where he can potentially rack up a lot of points. He is not the most defensively minded player and if he starts could reduce the number of clean sheets Stoke will get. Potentially a bargain at 5.5.

10. megager

megager
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

Had him in my team. Could be a very good signing. Bojan, Afellay. Surely stoke paving the way for messi next

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

11. ManagerXI

ManagerXI
    Expand Collapse

Trying to figure out how Swansea and Stoke will stack up against eachother.

Both have a few signings that will have to be integrated.

12. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

Afellay is 29 :eek:

13. megager

megager
    Expand Collapse
    Subscriber

I know. Former 18 year old...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

14. ManagerXI

ManagerXI
    Expand Collapse

Trying to decide between having a Rooney/Costa/Aguero or a top quality defence and 3 mid range strikers that can be rotated in a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 formation.

15. ManagerXI

ManagerXI
    Expand Collapse

21 appearances for the senior Barca team since 2011. Can never understand why some of the most talented players in Europe prefer to sit on a bench of the top 10 teams rather than be a club hero at the 11-30 ranked teams for example. You won't really notice the difference in lifestyle in the difference of EUR 80k - EUR 120k to be fair.

16. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

I've gone with a top defence myself. Schemeical/Pantillimon, Ivanovic, Koscielny, Clyne, Fonte, Mings

17. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

All the fantasy experts/previous winners say go with the top scoring attacking players, they get the big points consistently. The start of this season will be weird as Sanchez, Aguero and Costs look like missing the first game, so will be hard for people to get them back in as they are so expensive. Ivanovic and Terry did get high scores last year with 6th and 7th highest scores out of all players, however the next highest defenders were Jagielka and Clyne who were 20th and 21st highest scorers.

Off the cheaper players, Deeney and Ritchie are the most likely to rack them up.

18. elvis

elvis
    Expand Collapse

It's all about points per million (PPM) and defenders of the Ivanovic & Terry ilk are higher than most of the midfielders/forwards, and you'll save anywhere between 2-5 million a player. So you can have more players who score more points on a consistent basis. It is a team game after all ;)

That's the strategy I'm going with this year anyway.

19. GaryMc

GaryMc
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

I have tried different strategies. The season I won a few mini leagues and made a few quid was when I just went with the flow. Happened to get the captain right about six weeks in a row by luck (on two occassions I forgot to change it :cool: )

20. ManagerXI

ManagerXI
    Expand Collapse

Had a shocking bad run last season with captain choices which meant I had to spent the last few weeks going for the differentials which is just prolonging the inevitable. In the end, for this season, I weakened my defence a bit to strengthen my attack as those captaincy double points are too important.